IF Summer Creek must go to 5A, so should Humble High School

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1413988" timestamp="1371501395"]
PAM is in a WEAKER district that SC.  The only reason you guys get to sniff the playoffs.  Crosby and BH could beat many of the teams in your district.

Who's the delusional homer really?  I think its you and your Little Tikes.
[/quote]

The AVERAGE playoff record for a district (in 4A and 5A, where 4 teams from each district make the playoffs) for a year is 4-4. So for two years the AVERAGE district would be 8-8.

SC's two district championships were won in districts that went a combined 3-8 in the playoffs the past two years. That's far enough below AVERAGE to qualify for sucky status.

PAM's district went 14-8. That is further ABOVE average than SC's is BELOW average. And they are in 5A - remember? That's the classification in which, at least according to you, the teams are so much better than 4A that a team that drops from 5A to 4A has an unfair advantage over the other 4A schools. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1414070" timestamp="1371508933"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112540.msg1413988#msg1413988 date=1371501395]
PAM is in a WEAKER district that SC.  The only reason you guys get to sniff the playoffs.  Crosby and BH could beat many of the teams in your district.

Who's the delusional homer really?  I think its you and your Little Tikes.
[/quote]

The AVERAGE playoff record for a district (in 4A and 5A, where 4 teams from each district make the playoffs) for a year is 4-4. So for two years the AVERAGE district would be 8-8.

SC's two district championships were won in districts that went a combined 3-8 in the playoffs the past two years. That's far enough below AVERAGE to qualify for sucky status.

PAM's district went 14-8. That is further ABOVE average than SC's is BELOW average. And they are in 5A - remember? That's the classification in which, at least according to you, the teams are so much better than 4A that a team that drops from 5A to 4A has an unfair advantage over the other 4A schools.
[/quote] +1  8)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1413745" timestamp="1371478396"]

We'll see.  I gotta see how many from the middle school actually attend SC.  I believe there will be some going to Atascocita even though they're zoned form SC.  Also, just not seeing where all the explosive growth will come from unless those new homes get filled up with near-high school aged kids.  Humble really isn't that big of an area ...and we have THREE high schools.

Lets close down Humble HS ...send them to SC ...we'll own any district you put in.
[/quote]

Does math allude you?  Lets look at the math here.    Let's say that of the 2000 homes the average family size is 4.  So we can safely predict that wil be the case with 8000 additional people to the area.  (the average family size in this area is actually closer to 5, but we will low ball).    of those 8000 people we know that roughly 17% will be from the ages 10-19 (per US Census numbers)...thats 1300+....even if you split that up for a 1/3 going to HS (actually probably closer to little less then half) thats 400+ kids added.  But it doesn't stop there....Because that is only 1 developer out of 8 that are building in summer creek.    2-3 years from the completion of these neighborhoods, you are looking at potentially up to 2000+ kid growth.    You say it can't happen that fast?  Well it happened to Humble in the early 2000's when we went from a mid 2K enrollment to nearly 5k kids.

And why would we close Humble down to please you?  It should be the other way around.  We have more tradition, we have played football for nearly 100 years, and we have produced better teams.    lol

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1413561" timestamp="1371342906"]
[quote author=RHBoiler link=topic=112540.msg1413351#msg1413351 date=1371215752]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112540.msg1413197#msg1413197 date=1371153497]
All the haters from District 19 and 20 are predicting that SC will land in District 13-5A.  Look at the enrollments!  Most schools school on the list have 1500+ more kids!

Humble Atascocita 3210
Humble Kingwood 2580
Klein 3152
Klein Collins 3266
Klein Forest 3528
Klein Oak 3736
Spring 3493
Spring Dekaney 2720
Spring Westfield 3196
[/quote]

Here's an alternate hypothesis:

SC joining 13-5A would create a 10-team district, something that is very rare.

21-5A is currently a 7-team district. Channelview, La Porte, PAM and West Brook are at the lower end of the 5A size and have seen declining enrollment. [b]If even just one were to decline to where it drops a division, UIL could put the Humble schools into 21-5A, making it at most a 9-team district.[/b]

Impossible to know at this point. Several schools moving up and down. Pearland Dawson and Friendswood are both in growing areas and were very near the 4A/5A cutoff last time. Likely to be a lot of district changes in next winter's realignment.
[/quote]Its a no-win situation for SC regardless of where they're put next re-alignment IMO, get mauled in 13-5A weekly or get mauled in 21-5A 4 times per season.
[/quote]LOL!  I know I'm late on the thread... but i'm LMAO!

[quote name="HUM398" post="1414197" timestamp="1371567297"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112540.msg1413745#msg1413745 date=1371478396]

We'll see.  I gotta see how many from the middle school actually attend SC.  I believe there will be some going to Atascocita even though they're zoned form SC.  Also, just not seeing where all the explosive growth will come from unless those new homes get filled up with near-high school aged kids.  Humble really isn't that big of an area ...and we have THREE high schools.

Lets close down Humble HS ...send them to SC ...we'll own any district you put in.
[/quote]

Does math allude you?  Lets look at the math here.    Let's say that of the 2000 homes the average family size is 4.  So we can safely predict that wil be the case with 8000 additional people to the area.  (the average family size in this area is actually closer to 5, but we will low ball).    of those 8000 people we know that roughly 17% will be from the ages 10-19 (per US Census numbers)...thats 1300+....even if you split that up for a 1/3 going to HS (actually probably closer to little less then half) thats 400+ kids added.  But it doesn't stop there....Because that is only 1 developer out of 8 that are building in summer creek.    2-3 years from the completion of these neighborhoods, you are looking at potentially up to 2000+ kid growth.    You say it can't happen that fast?  Well it happened to Humble in the early 2000's when we went from a mid 2K enrollment to nearly 5k kids.

And why would we close Humble down to please you?  It should be the other way around.  We have more tradition, we have played football for nearly 100 years, and we have produced better teams.    lol
[/quote]

The big growth at Humble you mention was the boom in building in Summerwood, Fall Creek, and the other masterplans. Those kids went to Humble awaiting a new AHS.

Yes, they're still building and more kids will come, but the building is easily 90% complete. We'll see what pops up when Generation Park gets rolling. You and I both know most of these parents will want to see their kids attend AHS and their tax dollar power should allow them to have their way. SC is currently the hot school for kids around Humble proper and outside Humble ISD.  We'll see how it goes. You clearly know ur stuff and have data, but I'm looking at the grey area of the reality of human life.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1414850" timestamp="1371738820"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=112540.msg1414197#msg1414197 date=1371567297]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112540.msg1413745#msg1413745 date=1371478396]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The big growth at Humble you mention was the boom in building in Summerwood, Fall Creek, and the other masterplans. Those kids went to Humble awaiting a new AHS.

Yes, they're still building and more kids will come, but the building is easily 90% complete. We'll see what pops up when Generation Park gets rolling. You and I both know most of these parents will want to see their kids attend AHS and their tax dollar power should allow them to have their way. SC is currently the hot school for kids around Humble proper and outside Humble ISD.  We'll see how it goes. You clearly know ur stuff and have data, but I'm looking at the grey area of the reality of human life.
[/quote]You and that word [b]Reality[/b] dont even go together in the same breath  ;D

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1413745" timestamp="1371478396"]

Yes, they're still building and more kids will come, but the building is easily 90% complete. We'll see what pops up when Generation Park gets rolling. You and I both know most of these parents will want to see their kids attend AHS and their tax dollar power should allow them to have their way. SC is currently the hot school for kids around Humble proper and outside Humble ISD.  We'll see how it goes. You clearly know ur stuff and have data,[b] but I'm looking at the [/b] grey area of the [b]reality of human life[/b].
[/quote]

You wouldn't know reality if it crawled in your mouth and laid a big horse turd.  You'd be swearing that some 5-A school drugged you, stole your champaigne glass and tricked you into eating a candy bar.  :-*

KB Home has set its sights on several hundred acres along the west side of Lake Houston.The national home builder has purchased 100 acres south of Will Clayton Parkway and is planning to close on nearly 300 more in the coming months, said land broker Chris Hutcheson with McAlister Real Estate. Hutcheson, along with Matt Herring and James Kadlick, represents the seller, Rockspring Capital, in the land sale.Hutcheson said this site is the “last remaining tract of any size along West Lake Houston Parkway not already in developers’ hands.”The land is north of Summerwood and Generation Park, a 4,000-acre business park expected to house energy-efficient buildings overlooking pedestrian plazas, waterways and landscaped esplanades.

[quote name="hotscdawgs" post="1415033" timestamp="1371764744"]
KB Home has set its sights on several hundred acres along the west side of Lake Houston.The national home builder has purchased 100 acres south of Will Clayton Parkway and is planning to close on nearly 300 more in the coming months, said land broker Chris Hutcheson with McAlister Real Estate. Hutcheson, along with Matt Herring and James Kadlick, represents the seller, Rockspring Capital, in the land sale.Hutcheson said this site is the “last remaining tract of any size along West Lake Houston Parkway not already in developers’ hands.”The land is north of Summerwood and Generation Park, a 4,000-acre business park expected to house energy-efficient buildings overlooking pedestrian plazas, waterways and landscaped esplanades.
[/quote]

I believe HUM398 mentioned the new community.  If it lands where I'm thinking, it should be in SC territory ...but not sure.  Currently there's a line somewhere up West Lake Houston that divides AHS and SC. 

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1414903" timestamp="1371747336"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112540.msg1414850#msg1414850 date=1371738820]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You and that word [b]Reality[/b] dont even go together in the same breath  ;D
[/quote]

You must still be feeling sore about your UNRANKED Poor Arthur Little Tikes.  You sure are in attack mode.  Look, I know there's no forum that's discussing PAM, so I guess you can stay around the teams with buzz and a ranking, but be a nice guest and mind your manners.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415063" timestamp="1371783920"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112540.msg1414903#msg1414903 date=1371747336]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112540.msg1414850#msg1414850 date=1371738820]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You must still be feeling sore about your UNRANKED Poor Arthur Little Tikes.  You sure are in attack mode.  Look, I know there's no forum that's discussing PAM, so I guess you can stay around the teams with buzz and a ranking, but be a nice guest and mind your manners.
[/quote]Not attack mode when your squad has done something relevant lately, will SC ever get out the 2nd round? Will they ever win a Regional Title? I suggest you mind your manners, SC was adopted by us for 2 seasons, we can easily call CPS (aka the UIL)  ;)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415060" timestamp="1371783634"]
[quote author=hotscdawgs link=topic=112540.msg1415033#msg1415033 date=1371764744]
KB Home has set its sights on several hundred acres along the west side of Lake Houston.The national home builder has purchased 100 acres south of Will Clayton Parkway and is planning to close on nearly 300 more in the coming months, said land broker Chris Hutcheson with McAlister Real Estate. Hutcheson, along with Matt Herring and James Kadlick, represents the seller, Rockspring Capital, in the land sale.Hutcheson said this site is the “last remaining tract of any size along West Lake Houston Parkway not already in developers’ hands.”The land is north of Summerwood and Generation Park, a 4,000-acre business park expected to house energy-efficient buildings overlooking pedestrian plazas, waterways and landscaped esplanades.
[/quote]

I believe HUM398 mentioned the new community.  If it lands where I'm thinking, it should be in SC territory ...but not sure.  Currently there's a line somewhere up West Lake Houston that divides AHS and SC.
[/quote]

http://www.humbleisd.net/cms/lib2/TX01001414/Centricity/Domain/5/HSzones2011-12.pdf

you will see that above Beltway 8 and the neighborhoods right on the beltway (north) is a large area of empty maroon?  See it?

Okay, let me explain this again.... THAT area, is owned by KB homes, Perry homes, Ryland homes, etc.  The largest bit of land is owned by Perry homes.    The KB lot is in that big empty now forested land.  All that, will fill in with master planned communities, subdivisions, and "estates".        this is the area they are talking about.  I have linked the PASA study on here before, read it.    You will find you are perceptions are no where near the grey human reality you claim.

It is a highly diverse set of developments ranging from middle class to high income homes.  The reality is, that the pieces you don't see moving are the ones that will change the way the community looks forever.    SC will look like AHS when its all said and done. (SC will lose the north western neighborhoods in 2015 to humble when the new middle school opens, to make room for these developments that will bring Exxon employee's, Gen Park move ins, and just accommodate growth in general)

this past year, i know for a fact that the Lake Houston chamber of commerce has actively set out to lure families from Exxon Mobile from Virginia head quarters....before the move to the Spring global headquarters happens.    They have reported a HIGH volume of people will choose to relocate to the Lake Houston area.    This is a move in addition to Gen. park.   

[quote name="HUM398" post="1415804" timestamp="1372106396"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112540.msg1415060#msg1415060 date=1371783634]
[quote author=hotscdawgs link=topic=112540.msg1415033#msg1415033 date=1371764744]
[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.humbleisd.net/cms/lib2/TX01001414/Centricity/Domain/5/HSzones2011-12.pdf

you will see that above Beltway 8 and the neighborhoods right on the beltway (north) is a large area of empty maroon?  See it?

Okay, let me explain this again.... THAT area, is owned by KB homes, Perry homes, Ryland homes, etc.  The largest bit of land is owned by Perry homes.    The KB lot is in that big empty now forested land.  All that, will fill in with master planned communities, subdivisions, and "estates".        this is the area they are talking about.  I have linked the PASA study on here before, read it.    You will find you are perceptions are no where near the grey human reality you claim.

It is a highly diverse set of developments ranging from middle class to high income homes.  The reality is, that the pieces you don't see moving are the ones that will change the way the community looks forever.    SC will look like AHS when its all said and done. (SC will lose the north western neighborhoods in 2015 to humble when the new middle school opens, to make room for these developments that will bring Exxon employee's, Gen Park move ins, and just accommodate growth in general)

this past year, i know for a fact that the Lake Houston chamber of commerce has actively set out to lure families from Exxon Mobile from Virginia head quarters....before the move to the Spring global headquarters happens.    They have reported a HIGH volume of people will choose to relocate to the Lake Houston area.    This is a move in addition to Gen. park. 
[/quote]

Okay HUM398, who is paying you? Are you a part of the Dayton machine that is seeking to drive SC out?

I heard about this large community and it was put on ice some years back when the housing market tanked.  Even if all goes as planned, it will take years to get these communities built and rolling with D1 talent kids.  We'll have 3 state championships by then.

If/when SC hits numbers similar to AHS or better ...5A is just fine with me.  At our current low enrollment, 5A is a bad move.  We just don't have enough kids with AHS in the mix. 

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415812" timestamp="1372107220"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=112540.msg1415804#msg1415804 date=1372106396]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112540.msg1415060#msg1415060 date=1371783634]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay HUM398, who is paying you? Are you a part of the Dayton machine that is seeking to drive SC out?

I heard about this large community and it was put on ice some years back when the housing market tanked.  Even if all goes as planned, it will take years to get these communities built and rolling with D1 talent kids.  [b]We'll have 3 state championships by then.[/b]
[/quote]You wont have a 2nd round playoff win by then.  ;)

Stay outta this Garrity.  I'm a man on the edge! 

This is serious: http://www.generationpark.com/index.html.  I see FMC just signed on ...Hum398 is talking about Exxon ...KB homes ...this is all happening too fast.  We still have business to handle in 19-4A.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415820" timestamp="1372108230"]
Stay outta this Garrity.  I'm a man on the edge! 

This is serious: http://www.generationpark.com/index.html.  I see FMC just signed on ...Hum398 is talking about Exxon ...KB homes ...this is all happening too fast.  We still have business to handle in 19-4A.
[/quote] nah, yall coming over to 21-5A or 13-5A soon to both be 6A in 2014 no matter what situation yall got going on about homes and such. Be prepared to receive weekly arse whoopings either way. You better become a Humble fan soon, they will still be in your beloved 19-4A soon to be 5A in 2014.  ;) Im sure HUM398 wouldnt mind long as you dont have any outside-of-your-neck expectations.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415828" timestamp="1372108966"]
Its going to happen, just not as soon as you think. 

As for Humble ...ha!  [b]The best in Humble will gravitate to SC ...home of CHAMPIONS[/b]
[/quote]So what you saying is that football players in Humble like [b]not getting past the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs[/b] so they will flock to SC? LMAO! If that's the case Humble High, AHS, Kingwood and KP will be fine cause SC not winning more than 2 district games per year when y'all move up this re-alignment.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1415832" timestamp="1372109273"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112540.msg1415828#msg1415828 date=1372108966]

As for Humble ...ha!  [b]The best in Humble will gravitate to SC ...home of CHAMPIONS[/b]
[/quote]So what you saying is that football players in Humble like [b]not getting past the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs[/b] so they will flock to SC? LMAO! If that's the case Humble High, AHS, Kingwood and KP will be fine cause SC not winning more than 2 district games per year when y'all move up this re-alignment.  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

You're the same turkey that bet against TGSOT all last year. We ran the table in the district. Trophy was raised in your face.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415849" timestamp="1372111888"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112540.msg1415832#msg1415832 date=1372109273]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112540.msg1415828#msg1415828 date=1372108966]

[/quote]

You're the same turkey that bet against TGSOT all last year. We ran the table in the district. Trophy was raised in your face.
[/quote]I dont remember seeing yall versus Guyer, so much for that all-world district title by The Greatest Choke On Turf.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder