Which first-year coach do you think will have the best 2013 season, and why?

[quote name="Bigcam2903" post="1410293" timestamp="1370213361"]
I don't know if Ozen's Coach will have the best year, but they will be in the top 3 in the district. Also, Ozen has the best RB in the district Rodney Randle Jr. I know first hand. IMO of course Lol
[/quote]
You need more than a running back to make it in this district. Ned Vidor and (if i'm not mistaken) PNG all return 4 out of 5 of there offensive lineman and Ned and Vidor have established running backs in Hopkins and Sage who have already had success in the varsity ranks. Ozen lost most of there oline and Randle hasn't done anything on the Varsity level. He may be good but not the best in the district. I can assure you of that.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1410173" timestamp="1370139910"]
To be so good, ole Toby has traveled around a lot.  :-\ ??? Overrated?
[/quote]
Foreman was at WOS for 9 years and left after Coach Hooks retired and Thompson got the job.  Since then he was at Texas High (8-3 District Champs) and LaMarque (11-2 Regional Semi-Finalists) the only team to give Navasota a challenge.  I quess if that equals overrated then he is overrated.  By the way, H-D's Coach was at Maud, Teague, North Mesquite, and H-D in a five year span, just saying?

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1410294" timestamp="1370213681"]
[quote author=Bigcam2903 link=topic=112141.msg1410293#msg1410293 date=1370213361]
I don't know if Ozen's Coach will have the best year, but they will be in the top 3 in the district. Also, Ozen has the best RB in the district Rodney Randle Jr. I know first hand. IMO of course Lol
[/quote]
You need more than a running back to make it in this district. Ned Vidor and (if i'm not mistaken) PNG all return 4 out of 5 of there offensive lineman and Ned and Vidor have established running backs in Hopkins and Sage who have already had success in the varsity ranks. Ozen lost most of there oline and Randle hasn't done anything on the Varsity level. He may be good but not the best in the district. I can assure you of that.
[/quote]
Hopkins is a great one cut, north and south RB. He's a beast! Sage didn't do much on Vidor's varsity and IMO couldn't carry Randle's cleats. The season will be here soon and we shall see.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1410294" timestamp="1370213681"]
[quote author=Bigcam2903 link=topic=112141.msg1410293#msg1410293 date=1370213361]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I think Bigcam must be related to Randle. Like it was previously said, it takes more than just a good RB to win or even be competitive in this district.  The best I see Ozen doing is 4th and Central finishing in 2nd because of a "TEAM" and not just a good "RB".

[quote name="Batman" post="1410299" timestamp="1370216161"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=112141.msg1410294#msg1410294 date=1370213681]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I think Bigcam must be related to Randle. Like it was previously said, it takes more than just a good RB to win or even be competitive in this district.  The best I see Ozen doing is 4th and Central finishing in 2nd because of a "TEAM" and not just a good "RB".
[/quote]
This^^^^^

yeoj -  French use a 6-2 defense and went to State, not many ran on it and a 50 defense will walk down a safety to stop the run, then a 4-2-5 will gave you a 6 front; so what's funny about putting more in the box to stop the run. I guess your school don't get ran on because you know much more then us fans on this site, but know I'm just a fan waiting for football to start. This is a fan site, but if you didn't know, there is a website for coaches since I GUESS you make a living coaching.

HJ's Dwayne Dubois will have the best 2013 season because he has a slew of athletes to choose from that have been under-utilized over the past 2 years... I will go out on a limb and predict HJ will finish top 2 in the district. He has already made a big impact as far as attitude, excitment, work ethic, and enthusiasm...

[quote name="understand" post="1410318" timestamp="1370231105"]
yeoj -  French use a 6-2 defense and went to State, not many ran on it and a 50 defense will walk down a safety to stop the run, then a 4-2-5 will gave you a 6 front; so what's funny about putting more in the box to stop the run. I guess your school don't get ran on because you know much more then us fans on this site, but know I'm just a fan waiting for football to start. This is a fan site, but if you didn't know, there is a website for coaches since I GUESS you make a living coaching.
[/quote]
6-2 would make 8 in the box. Walking a safety down in a 50 defense would give you 8 in the box. And a 4-2-5 is basically a nickel version of the 4-3 which teams run to stop passing spread teams. What's funny is how you make statements about teams and don't have a clue as to what you're talking about! And no I don't coach. It doesn't pay enough for me.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1410322" timestamp="1370235755"]
[quote author=understand link=topic=112141.msg1410318#msg1410318 date=1370231105]
[/quote]
6-2 would make 8 in the box. Walking a safety down in a 50 defense would give you 8 in the box. And a 4-2-5 is basically a nickel version of the 4-3 which teams run to stop passing spread teams. What's funny is how you make statements about teams and don't have a clue as to what you're talking about! And no I don't coach. It doesn't pay enough for me.
[/quote]

Yea after deciphering what he was trying to say, I think he meant 8 in the box because most teams already have at least 6...

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Herefortheparty" post="1410319" timestamp="1370233184"]
HJ's Dwayne Dubois will have the best 2013 season because he has a slew of athletes to choose from that have been under-utilized over the past 2 years... I will go out on a limb and predict [b]HJ will finish top 2[/b] in the district. He has already made a big impact as far as attitude, excitment, work ethic, and enthusiasm...
[/quote]

Nope, No way, Negative, maybe in about 4 or 5 yrs from now.

He will improve the program that is for sure.

I hope that limb that you are going out on is big, because it will have to hold you and all the crow that has landed on it.  ;D

[quote name="setxguru" post="1410295" timestamp="1370214580"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=112141.msg1410173#msg1410173 date=1370139910]
To be so good, ole Toby has traveled around a lot.  :-\ ??? Overrated?
[/quote]
Foreman was at WOS for 9 years and left after Coach Hooks retired and Thompson got the job.  Since then he was at Texas High (8-3 District Champs) and LaMarque (11-2 Regional Semi-Finalists) the only team to give Navasota a challenge.  I quess if that equals overrated then he is overrated.  [b]By the way, H-D's Coach was at Maud, Teague, North Mesquite, and H-D in a five year span, just saying?[/b][/quote]

You bow before you speak the about that man!  8)

[quote author=Herefortheparty link=topic=112141.msg1410319#msg1410319 date=1370233184]
HJ's Dwayne Dubois will have the best 2013 season because he has a slew of athletes to choose from that have been under-utilized over the past 2 years... I will go out on a limb and predict HJ will finish top 2 in the district. He has already made a big impact as far as attitude, excitment, work ethic, and enthusiasm...
[/quote]

Seriously though..........are we really back here?

[quote name="AHUDDLESTON" post="1410335" timestamp="1370262834"]
This could be interesting herefortheparty.  Please personal message me and let me know who was underutilized.  I really need to learn from my mistakes.
[/quote]

:o ???  :o ??? :o  ??? :o ??? :o 

Guest Air Bisquit
This could be interesting herefortheparty.  Please personal message me and let me know who was underutilized.  I really need to learn from my mistakes.
[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/disgruntle_fish_bait/media/oh-snap.jpg.html][IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/disgruntle_fish_bait/oh-snap.jpg[/img][/URL]

[/quote]

We all know ol' Barry doesn't have the ....ahem....fortitude....to do that coach. 

[quote name="Gordy1942" post="1410468" timestamp="1370289745"]
I agree with you herefortheparty. Hardin Jefferson's changes were needed and will pay off for the coaches, boys and HJ Fans this football season.
[/quote]
:o first post? hhmmmm a little suspicious....
Gordy1942
Freshman

[applaud] [smite]

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1410474" timestamp="1370290512"]
[quote author=Gordy1942 link=topic=112141.msg1410468#msg1410468 date=1370289745]
I agree with you herefortheparty. Hardin Jefferson's changes were needed and will pay off for the coaches, boys and HJ Fans this football season.
[/quote]
Gordy1942
Freshman

[applaud] [smite]
[/quote]

Ol' Barry is recruiting!  He and Miss Tammy need the help.  They have a concerted, daily ritual of each of them smiting me.  Oh well, I never, ever won a most POPULAR award in my life.  I do, however, feel bad for his two athletic sons that have to live up to their crap.  ::) 8)

[quote name="Gordy1942" post="1410468" timestamp="1370289745"]
[/quote]

And do you agree that Hardin Jefferson will win district and go 3 rounds deep in the play-offs in the 2013 season with these magical coaching changes?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1410474" timestamp="1370290512"]
[quote author=Gordy1942 link=topic=112141.msg1410468#msg1410468 date=1370289745]
[/quote]
Gordy1942
Freshman

[applaud] [smite]
[/quote]

Very suspicious, when they agree with bedelmon on the very first post. ;)
bedelmon has more aliases than a cat has lives ;D

[quote name="Herefortheparty" post="1410459" timestamp="1370286810"]
Coach HUD...... I hear your going with coach Martel..... Good move..... Good luck to you. Hopefully you guys will have alot more talent to choose from over there in Houston.
[/quote]

Good grief, Man.  You are Barack Obama transparent. ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder