Aaron Sharp Offered By Baylor

Why hasn't the kid committed yet? That is his best offer and will probably be his best offer. Briles won't wait to long for the kid. And schools like UT OU and the big boys will only consider him a plan C option.  Kid needs to go be the next great Baylor QB Briles will make him a monster.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1404382" timestamp="1368508454"]
Why hasn't the kid committed yet? That is his best offer and will probably be his best offer. Briles won't wait to long for the kid. And schools like UT OU and the big boys will only consider him a plan C option.  Kid needs to go be the next great Baylor QB Briles will make him a monster.
[/quote] I said on another thread he would be a PERFECT fit at Baylor. Maybe his family is making him take his time with his recruitment.

I'm thinking it's highly likely he will sign will Baylor when it's all said and done, considering that it's not only an excellent fit for him but it's EXACTLY what he is looking for in a program. Maybe if a Texas Tech or WV offered he would consider them as well.

Anyone consider the offer?  Baylor is not cheap. If its not a full offer it may not be his best option. If thats not the issue or an issue then I agree, working with coach Briles with Sharps skillset would be a no brainer and getting a top notch education to boot.

Its a full offer. Some kids try and wait to long to accept these offers, I hope this kid knows there's a un-said deadline on this offer if another QB commits before him they will pull his offer and hell be stuck out.. Not saying what I think I'm saying what I know. Don't want to see the kid pass this up by trying to wait. It cost 300, 000 to go to Baylor for four years can'trreally top that

[quote name="aschom78" post="1404438" timestamp="1368541731"]
I think he wants to study engineering or something similar, and Baylor doesn't have an engineering program. Just a thought.
[/quote]

This is off of Baylor's website:
Currently, the Department of Engineering offers three baccalaureate engineering degrees, four master engineering degrees, and nine joint degree programs.

So, what's the other reasons?

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1404450" timestamp="1368544631"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111947.msg1404438#msg1404438 date=1368541731]
I think he wants to study engineering or something similar, and Baylor doesn't have an engineering program. Just a thought.
[/quote]

Currently, the Department of Engineering offers three baccalaureate engineering degrees, four master engineering degrees, and nine joint degree programs.

[/quote]

Aaron Sharpe has four other possible offers on the table (Utah, UTEP, Toledo, Houston). He is probably weighing the options, like a smart person would do.

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1404450" timestamp="1368544631"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol  ;D

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404455" timestamp="1368546406"]
[quote author=AthleticSupporter - Jock link=topic=111947.msg1404450#msg1404450 date=1368544631]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol  ;D
[/quote]
Sorry, let me rephrase that, lol. Baylor has an "Engineering Department" where students can get a degree in engineering, however it's not the same kind of program that schools like UH, A&M, UT, and Tech have.

Baylor's "Engineering Department" is definitely not in the league of Georgia Tech, Purdue, MIT, UC Berkeley, Stanford, Cal Tech, etc..

And Georgia Tech, Purdue, and Stanford have good football programs. (Georgia Tech is good some years, and some years not, because of being SEC territory, and those SEC recruiting juggernauts.)

MIT, if he only wanted to make a lot of money. (Does MIT have a football program, or do they have their head on straight, and concentrate on making excellent engineers, and scientists?)

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1404400" timestamp="1368532002"]
  It cost 300, 000 to go to Baylor for four years can'trreally top that
[/quote]

really? 300K? Tuition really went up in the past 5 years from when I was there...Baylor is expensive, but even if he wasn't getting a full ride they pretty much offer merit scholarships to incoming freshman if they are decent students that get the tuition price close to what a state school would cost if you had no scholarships going there...

Baylor isn't an engineering school, but I have friends that graduated with engineering degrees and they are all doing well...lot of folks hiring engineers right now you just have to do a bit more work to find a job instead of graduating from an "engineering school"...and if his goal is to go on to some type of professional school or get a PhD then Baylor is a great school for that...

[quote name="aschom78" post="1404486" timestamp="1368551463"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111947.msg1404455#msg1404455 date=1368546406]
[quote author=AthleticSupporter - Jock link=topic=111947.msg1404450#msg1404450 date=1368544631]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol  ;D
[/quote]
Sorry, let me rephrase that, lol. Baylor has an "Engineering Department" where students can get a degree in engineering, however it's not the same kind of program that schools like UH, A&M, UT, and Tech have.
[/quote]

A&M wont offer him, he's like 9th on their list if that high. They just signed 5A player of the year Kenny Hill (He's there future) UT wont Offer him they have the top QB in Texas committed for the 2014 class, Tech already has a QB in this class and their starter is a freshman, UofH shouldn't even be in the same discussion as the other schools as far as academic prestige and football are concerned if your hiring a kid, which would you choose first the Baylor grad or the UofH grad?

And also like I said offers have and un-said dead-line with programs like Baylor and other top 25 teams if the kid knows he liks them it would be smart to jump on the offer if for nothing else to save himself a spot.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1404692" timestamp="1368587512"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111947.msg1404486#msg1404486 date=1368551463]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111947.msg1404455#msg1404455 date=1368546406]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol  ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

A&M wont offer him, he's like 9th on their list if that high. They just signed 5A player of the year Kenny Hill (He's there future) UT wont Offer him they have the top QB in Texas committed for the 2014 class, Tech already has a QB in this class and their starter is a freshman, UofH shouldn't even be in the same discussion as the other schools as far as academic prestige and football are concerned if your hiring a kid, which would you choose first the Baylor grad or the UofH grad?

And also like I said offers have and un-said dead-line with programs like Baylor and other top 25 teams if the kid knows he liks them it would be smart to jump on the offer if for nothing else to [b]save himself a spot.[/b]
[/quote]

I agree. We will see, I hear he will visit Baylor this weekend. I also heard Randall Cunninham Jr has an offer from Baylor as well, and suppose to visit in June

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404695" timestamp="1368588194"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=111947.msg1404692#msg1404692 date=1368587512]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111947.msg1404486#msg1404486 date=1368551463]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol  ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

And also like I said offers have and un-said dead-line with programs like Baylor and other top 25 teams if the kid knows he liks them it would be smart to jump on the offer if for nothing else to [b]save himself a spot.[/b]
[/quote]

I agree. We will see, I hear he will visit Baylor this weekend. I also heard Randall Cunninham Jr has an offer from Baylor as well, and suppose to visit in June
[/quote]

Yeah that's why I want a setx kid to commit first Briles is known to only take one QB in a recruiting class and a kid like Sharp with Briles id be glued to the tv

[quote name="sahen" post="1404672" timestamp="1368582052"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=111947.msg1404400#msg1404400 date=1368532002]
  It cost 300, 000 to go to Baylor for four years can'trreally top that
[/quote]

really? 300K? Tuition really went up in the past 5 years from when I was there...Baylor is expensive, but even if he wasn't getting a full ride they pretty much offer merit scholarships to incoming freshman if they are decent students that get the tuition price close to what a state school would cost if you had no scholarships going there...

Baylor isn't an engineering school, but I have friends that graduated with engineering degrees and they are all doing well...lot of folks hiring engineers right now you just have to do a bit more work to find a job instead of graduating from an "engineering school"...and if his goal is to go on to some type of professional school or get a PhD then Baylor is a great school for that...
[/quote]

Tuition alone is $28,000/yr.  He would get 5 yrs paid for.  I don't know #s for room and board but multiply that by 5 and add to tuition.  Probably around 200K total for 5 years.  It's not 300K but still nice.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder