Good Basketball Programs

Hard to answer that question:  Are you including all basketball programs or just the ones that try to comply with the spirit of the rules as well as the rules themselves?  Also, it makes a difference if you are including all basketball programs or only the ones that play "real" basketball.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1404300" timestamp="1368485959"]
Hard to answer that question:  Are you including all basketball programs or just the ones that try to comply with the spirit of the rules as well as the rules themselves?  Also, it makes a difference if you are including all basketball programs or only the ones that play "real" basketball.
[/quote]The Silsbee future  thread got me to thinking... There are several teams represented on this site that has very good bb teams year in and year out....Lufkin Hudson probally has the best program in our district. Their win loss record is usually not as strong as some teams on here but they have a very good program....Does better athletes make a better program?......  I guess what I'm really asking is who is really the best year in and year out, Silsbee or HJ?  ;D

[quote name="no-look" post="1404331" timestamp="1368492512"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=111926.msg1404300#msg1404300 date=1368485959]
[/quote]The Silsbee future  thread got me to thinking... There are several teams represented on this site that has very good bb teams year in and year out....Lufkin Hudson probally has the best program in our district. Their win loss record is usually not as strong as some teams on here but they have a very good program....Does better athletes make a better program?......  I guess what I'm really asking is who is really the best year in and year out, Silsbee or HJ?  ;D
[/quote]

I think you are trying to stir up a hornets nest.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1404332" timestamp="1368494208"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=111926.msg1404331#msg1404331 date=1368492512]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=111926.msg1404300#msg1404300 date=1368485959]
[/quote]

I think you are trying to stir up a hornets nest.
[/quote]The board is slow...  ;D

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1404342" timestamp="1368496855"]
Well, we could always talk about how Yates recruits or discuss the integrity of Triple A.
[/quote]
Don't bring that up again Nash. You don't wanna wake the sleeping monster. And you know who I'm talking about.    8)      ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1404515" timestamp="1368555559"]
Look at HJ, they win with the kids they have every year. Ya gotta give credit to the coaching staff [size=8pt][s]and the weak district[/s][/size]  ;D
[/quote]

If I was a Silsbee fan, I would be offended by Da Doves comment.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1404541" timestamp="1368557333"]
Well Dove, it would appear it is time for you to explain (in detail, of course) why the HJ-Silsbee-WO district is so weak and why the Nederland-Central-Ozen district is not.
[/quote]hahahhahaha, stirring the pot Nash!!!!

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1404541" timestamp="1368557333"]
Well Dove, it would appear it is time for you to explain (in detail, of course) why the HJ-Silsbee-WO district is so weak and why the Nederland-Central-Ozen district is not.
[/quote] recru.....errr.....preparation by pre-district schedule (strong or weak)??  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1404619" timestamp="1368564949"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=111926.msg1404541#msg1404541 date=1368557333]
[/quote] recru.....errr.....preparation by pre-district schedule (strong or weak)??  ;D
[/quote]

You left out incorrect conditioning programs

TAPPS 1A Orange Community Christian (high School enrollment = 52 students )

2009-10  (20-7) Area Finals

2010-11 (25-12) District Champs 10-0, Reg. Finals

2011-12 (21-11) District Champs, State Semi Finals

2012-13 (14-9) District Champs , State Championship Game

Schools played in Non-District schedule: Vidor, Porter, West Orange Stark, Orangefield, Evadale and many other local schools. I would say that is a program that is solid and getting better every year. JMO

[quote name="DP#1FAN" post="1405487" timestamp="1368797300"]
TAPPS 1A Orange Community Christian (high School enrollment = 52 students )

2009-10  (20-7) Area Finals

2010-11 (25-12) District Champs 10-0, Reg. Finals

2011-12 (21-11) District Champs, State Semi Finals

2012-13 (14-9) District Champs , State Championship Game

Schools played in Non-District schedule: Vidor, Porter, West Orange Stark, Orangefield, Evadale and many other local schools. I would say that is a program that is solid and getting better every year. JMO
[/quote]
Very good point.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder