$1-Million dollar scoreboard in South Texas?

If WESLACO does approve to install the 1,296-square-foot screen it will not be the largest for long.
I know of another High School that is close to Southeast Texas that will be putting up an even larger video-board & will be flying a massive line-array sound system beside it in 2014.  ;)

[quote name="LOKI" post="1402397" timestamp="1368060374"]
Man I was just happy to get a new pair of cleats when I played.  ;)
[/quote]

hahah we were barely able to afford new mouthpieces year in and year out.... hahaha

[quote name="Tiger05" post="1401838" timestamp="1367931704"]
If WESLACO does approve to install the 1,296-square-foot screen it will not be the largest for long.
I know of another High School that is close to Southeast Texas that will be putting up an even larger video-board & will be flying a massive line-array sound system beside it in 2014.  ;)

[/quote] who?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1402411" timestamp="1368063043"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=111784.msg1401838#msg1401838 date=1367931704]

[/quote] who?
[/quote]

hhmmm Silsbee?? aren't they fixing to pass a school bond? are they going to waste part of the money on a huge screen?

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1402421" timestamp="1368064217"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111784.msg1402411#msg1402411 date=1368063043]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=111784.msg1401838#msg1401838 date=1367931704]

[/quote] who?
[/quote]

hhmmm Silsbee?? aren't they fixing to pass a school bond? are they going to waste part of the money on a huge screen?
[/quote] Silsbee dont [b]need[/b] a scoreboard, they [b]need[/b] a [u]turf field to replace that dust-bowl[/u] IMO

• 2 weeks later...
Crosby just unoficially passed an $86.5 million dollar school bond. I believe the official vote was today. New high school behind wal-mart and stadium expansion among other things. Should become one of the nicer facilities in the district.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1406478" timestamp="1369104185"]
Crosby just unoficially passed an $86.5 million dollar school bond. I believe the official vote was today. New high school behind wal-mart and stadium expansion among other things. Should become one of the nicer facilities in the district.
[/quote]Yall needed that stadium expansion.  8)

Good for Crosby,that stadium is forever getting out of.I lived in Indian Shores on Lake Houston in the dist.for a short period until my home was broken into.The area is covered by Harris Co.Sheriff's dept sparingly incl.Huffman.You should see the beef on those deputies.Sad there is no City of Crosby/Huffman police dept.& the MUD taxes(municiple utilities dist.)are awful costly.Heard a rumor of a petition once wanting to be annexed by Liberty Co.

[quote name="liltex" post="1406501" timestamp="1369129078"]
Good for Crosby,that stadium is forever getting out of.I lived in Indian Shores on Lake Houston in the dist.for a short period until my home was broken into.The area is covered by Harris Co.Sheriff's dept sparingly incl.Huffman.You should see the beef on those deputies.Sad there is no City of Crosby/Huffman police dept.& the MUD taxes(municiple utilities dist.)are awful costly.Heard a rumor of a petition once wanting to be annexed by Liberty Co.
[/quote]School taxes go from 1.4% to over 1.7% per $100 of property valuation. I believe the athletic part of the bond is around 9.5 million which happens in what they called a second phase. The stadium is being expanded in the next couple of years think. I hear they were going to do like Dayton and just switch the home and visitor sides. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder