Rising stars for tomorrow's baseball programs

Like so many of the dads, I have spent hours and hours out at the ballparks in this generation of "select baseball" which in my eyes is just a modern version of Little League of days gone by.  While there are certainly some elite teams out there, there are many more average teams playing nowadays.  In my opinion its where the development begins to build the players of tomorrow.  With my kids in Varsity programs now, I just go to support local talent, not to mention it sure beats yardwork!!!!

That being said, I watched a local team (Gladiators 12 elite) get er done in a nail bitter last night in the championship game.  1 to 1 ball game going into 8th inning.  Runners on 2nd and 3rd, and big hoss was up for Gladiators.  Opposing team gives him a pass to 1st to load bases, create force at home and try their luck with next in line.  I am thinking bunt for sure to get winning run in but they were visitor and coach thought 1 run might not win it.  That brings up DAWSON ASKEW of Buna.  Kid had only 1 hit in tournament thus far, but had been hitting it on the button allday, just to someone every darn time.  Well with two strikes and very expanded strike zone the pitcher let it fly and so did "D" (that's what his buds call him)  Bang, Boom, Pow.....GRAND SLAM oppo!!! Truth is I could probably name half the kids from both teams, and you can just tell, they will be impact players on their High School teams to come as will Dawson when he gets there(7th grade now.)  I look forward getting to watch him play for the home team in the future.....good job bud, keep working hard. 

Umpired a tourney at ford park a couple of weekends ago and i did see one kid on a team out of port neches that really stood out. Tall lanky lefty with good velocity off the mound and a great stick. I believe Petix was his name. Looked to have a promising future.

Good game from both sides B. Bradley(Vipers) & P.Miller(Glads) pitched great.Askew came up with the clutch hit & i agree there are several players from both teams whose names are well known. Names that will be heard alot in high school,college & maybe pro ball if they put in the work.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder