Vidor OC

If Vidor's OC is headed to H-J as the new coach there the Pirates are in need of a new OC. Mathews doesn't call the plays so this is a pretty pivotal position for them. here are some guys that could be possiblitlies.

1. Brian Huckabay- former Orangefield head coach who is now OC at Hull-Daisetta and runs the Slot-T. Is friends with Mathews and both from Bridge City so they'd probably work together well. Will be seamless transition as they run the same offense. Huckaby is a masterful play caller.
2. Greg Neece- Probably on borrowed time in Kirbyville so why not get back to doing what he does best- running an offense . Plus he already lives in Vidor so it will be a shorter commute for him. Only complication is the Wing-T is what he runs but it isn't too far off from Mathews' slot-T.
3. More than likely Vidor will not have the money for an experienced OC and Mathews will promote some random assistant already on the staff.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1390423" timestamp="1364784716"]
If Vidor's OC is headed to H-J as the new coach there the Pirates are in need of a new OC. Mathews doesn't call the plays so this is a pretty pivotal position for them. here are some guys that could be possiblitlies.

1. Brian Huckabay- former Orangefield head coach who is now OC at Hull-Daisetta and runs the Slot-T. Is friends with Mathews and both from Bridge City so they'd probably work together well. Will be seamless transition as they run the same offense. Huckaby is a masterful play caller.
2. Greg Neece- Probably on borrowed time in Kirbyville so why not get back to doing what he does best- running an offense . [b]Plus he already lives in Vidor so it will be a shorter commute for him[/b]. Only complication is the Wing-T is what he runs but it isn't too far off from Mathews' slot-T.
3. More than likely Vidor will not have the money for an experienced OC and Mathews will promote some random assistant already on the staff.
[/quote] whoa! didnt know that. He seems like someone Vidor would go after but Kville was pretty young last year, i think he is gonna be ok there after they make the playoffs this season.

Doesnt Liberty Hill run the Slot-T? If so maybe their OC would be interested......

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1390423" timestamp="1364784716"]

[b]1. Brian Huckabay- former Orangefield head coach who is now OC at Hull-Daisetta and runs the Slot-T. Is friends with Mathews and both from Bridge City so they'd probably work together well. Will be seamless transition as they run the same offense. Huckaby is a masterful play caller. [/b]
2. Greg Neece- Probably on borrowed time in Kirbyville so why not get back to doing what he does best- running an offense . Plus he already lives in Vidor so it will be a shorter commute for him. Only complication is the Wing-T is what he runs but it isn't too far off from Mathews' slot-T.
[/quote]

Don't get the HD fans freakin out.  8) ;D ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1390424" timestamp="1364784987"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=110707.msg1390423#msg1390423 date=1364784716]

2. Greg Neece- Probably on borrowed time in Kirbyville so why not get back to doing what he does best- running an offense . [b]Plus he already lives in Vidor so it will be a shorter commute for him[/b]. Only complication is the Wing-T is what he runs but it isn't too far off from Mathews' slot-T.
[/quote] whoa! didnt know that. He seems like someone Vidor would go after but Kville was pretty young last year, i think he is gonna be ok there after they make the playoffs this season.

Doesnt Liberty Hill run the Slot-T? If so maybe their OC would be interested......

[/quote]gonna be hard to entice an OC to move from a 3A Power in the beautiful Hill Country to move to SETX for a lateral move!
Best bet is Huck or promote. You called it "Mathews Offense" but said he doesnt call the plays. So which is it?  Thought he was a defensive minded HC.

[quote name="DP8036" post="1390430" timestamp="1364786461"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=110707.msg1390423#msg1390423 date=1364784716]

[b]1. Brian Huckabay- former Orangefield head coach who is now OC at Hull-Daisetta and runs the Slot-T. Is friends with Mathews and both from Bridge City so they'd probably work together well. Will be seamless transition as they run the same offense. Huckaby is a masterful play caller. [/b]
[/quote]

Don't get the HD fans freakin out.  8) ;D ;D
[/quote]
That's a "constant." ;D

[quote name="skipmeister" post="1390439" timestamp="1364818081"]
Doesn't Huckabay still live in the Orangefield area or sold his house there?
[/quote]
No the Huckabay's live in HD.  His wife the superintendent there also.  He would be a great fit as the OC in Vidor.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1390470" timestamp="1364825787"]
Robinson isn't our offense coordinator. Coach Dubois is. Robinson is the assistant head coach.
[/quote]

Do you think that Vidor will make a change in the offensive scheme with a new coordinator?

[quote name="bigdog" post="1390482" timestamp="1364828771"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=110707.msg1390470#msg1390470 date=1364825787]
Robinson isn't our offense coordinator. Coach Dubois is. Robinson is the assistant head coach.
[/quote]

Do you think that Vidor will make a change in the offensive scheme with a new coordinator?
[/quote]
My bad. I was misinformed.....

[quote name="Scatright" post="1390494" timestamp="1364830226"]
Back away from the HD coaching staff! I repeat BACK AWAY! I am not afraid to get HDBobcat55 and HDbobcat9 and come to Vidor to find you!

Man, now my indigestion is flaring up!
[/quote]

I was right  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="DP8036" post="1390577" timestamp="1364851336"]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=110707.msg1390494#msg1390494 date=1364830226]
Back away from the HD coaching staff! I repeat BACK AWAY! I am not afraid to get HDBobcat55 and HDbobcat9 and come to Vidor to find you!

[/quote]

I was right  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Haha.  It's serious business around here.  HD has been floundering around for several years, we are super excited about our staff and the potential they have to resurrect our program. 

I saw rumors on other boards that Maud was making calls to Coach Finney!  I sent a swat team to Maud and eliminated that threat. 

Imagine if HJ had gone after Babin.  You would've freaked too.  haha... 8)

[quote name="Scatright" post="1390585" timestamp="1364852659"]
[quote author=DP8036 link=topic=110707.msg1390577#msg1390577 date=1364851336]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=110707.msg1390494#msg1390494 date=1364830226]

[/quote]

I was right  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Haha.  It's serious business around here.  HD has been floundering around for several years, we are super excited about our staff and the potential they have to resurrect our program. 

I saw rumors on other boards that Maud was making calls to Coach Finney!  I sent a swat team to Maud and eliminated that threat. 

Imagine if HJ had gone after Babin.  You would've freaked too.  haha... 8)
[/quote]

You have a point there lol

[quote name="Scatright" post="1390494" timestamp="1364830226"]

[/quote]
In the words of Merle Haggard, somebody's getting on your fighting side. ;D ;D 8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1390841" timestamp="1364938038"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=110707.msg1390834#msg1390834 date=1364934747]
Their offensive line coach, Dan Welsh, called plays when he was at PN-G.  This should/could be a possibility.
[/quote]
^^this!!
[/quote]
Great guy, hope he gets it!

[quote name="bigdog" post="1390482" timestamp="1364828771"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=110707.msg1390470#msg1390470 date=1364825787]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, the slot-t is Jeff's idea. Our kids run that offense from little league up now.

[quote name="smitty" post="1390834" timestamp="1364934747"]
Their offensive line coach, Dan Welsh, called plays when he was at PN-G.  This should/could be a possibility.
[/quote]

I'm voting Dan Welsh as well. Jeff may step in and call plays the first year of transition. He has before.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1392684" timestamp="1365508943"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=110707.msg1390482#msg1390482 date=1364828771]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, the slot-t is Jeff's idea. Our kids run that offense from little league up now.
[/quote]

Ok, just wondering.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1398087" timestamp="1366938483"]
With the rumor of Credeur leaving Lumberton.... i have a feeling he will be calling the Offense in Vidor next season..... I have nothing other than a gut feeling that this is going to happen....
[/quote]
I heard some rumors about this but they are just rumors for now.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1398095" timestamp="1366938884"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=110707.msg1398087#msg1398087 date=1366938483]
With the rumor of Credeur leaving Lumberton.... i have a feeling he will be calling the Offense in Vidor next season..... I have nothing other than a gut feeling that this is going to happen....
[/quote]
I heard some rumors about this but they are just rumors for now.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder