3A Region III Final, Houston Yates vs. LaMarque

[quote name="sbparent" post="1382367" timestamp="1362405251"]
Yates was very impressive.  Until late in the game they kept at least 3 guys 6'6" on the court.  Had a 6'9" guy who didn't play until garbage time.  #25 was just a beast down low.  Freshman comes in and just rains 3s.
[/quote] and the fact that they can be that tall AND run all day is huge

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="homeless" post="1382465" timestamp="1362420270"]
and only 2 seniors: #23 (primary perimeter threat, until #3 came on the scene) and #25.  Next Year.........ouch!
[/quote]

I believe that was a misprint on #25. I understand him to be just a junior.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1382171" timestamp="1362332905"]
Where I sat at the press table last night on the floor was in front of the Yates section of fans. Many were commenting about how the regional finals should have been the Silsbee game. I spoke to several Yates fans last night during halftime and after game and all agreed it was a shame the Silsbee/Yates game was not the final game and some even mentioned it was worthy of the two being at the state tourney.

Just an unlucky draw of the districts as the brackets go.
[/quote] Look at it this way, at least you didn't wait long to see this mythical regional match up.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1382171" timestamp="1362332905"]
Where I sat at the press table last night on the floor was in front of the Yates section of fans. Many were commenting about how the regional finals should have been the Silsbee game. I spoke to several Yates fans last night during halftime and after game and all agreed it was a shame the Silsbee/Yates game was not the final game and some even mentioned it was worthy of the two being at the state tourney.

Just an unlucky draw of the districts as the brackets go.
[/quote]

Now you know how La Marque felt in football. Not only did we know the winner of our game would kick WOS the next week but it was pretty obvious the winner of the LM-Navasota game was going to win state.  So yes Silsbee, we feel your pain.

On another note if yates does win state that means both our football and basketball teams got taken out by the state champs.

[quote name="homeless" post="1382464" timestamp="1362420186"]
[quote author=sbparent link=topic=109953.msg1382367#msg1382367 date=1362405251]
Yates was very impressive.  Until late in the game they kept at least 3 guys 6'6" on the court.  Had a 6'9" guy who didn't play until garbage time.  #25 was just a beast down low.  Freshman comes in and just rains 3s.
[/quote]

They can run all day and be tall but those big guys can't run all day.  They get tired.  I witnessed that in two games.  The big part is that they have 3 or 4 that can rotate in and keep a couple on the floor and never slow down.

[quote name="ST413" post="1382482" timestamp="1362422436"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=109953.msg1382464#msg1382464 date=1362420186]
[quote author=sbparent link=topic=109953.msg1382367#msg1382367 date=1362405251]
[/quote]

They can run all day and be tall but those big guys can't run all day.  They get tired.  I witnessed that in two games.  The big part is that they have 3 or 4 that can rotate in and keep a couple on the floor and never slow down.
[/quote]
That is true...when one got winded, they just put another guy in and did not lose a beat.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder