Jump to content

spidersal

Members
  • Posts

    1,493
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by spidersal

  1. How about those Astros. 2 wins in a row, now above 500 and a 2 game lead. WOW
  2. I keep hearing that the talent is there for Nederland. If that is the case, why is the performance so poor? The defense is supposed to be good this season and you give up 300 yards rushing. Are they simply underachievers? Anyone’s thoughts on why their performance is poor?
  3. Well it appears that the Bulldogs still don’t play any defense That may keep them from the playoffs again
  4. Well I would love to see the Astros win their division, but I just think the pitching staff is going to let them down. I don’t see 1 decent starter and Hader is the only decent reliever. It didn’t help tonight with the bases loaded with 1 out and the next 2 batters struck out. Why do they keep playing Vasquez. He can’t hit
  5. Hallelujah, it is about time. Possibility one of the worst GM, In all of baseball!
  6. The defense better be tremendously better than the past several seasons I don’t think they have been any good since Spell retired The LB’ers and secondary must be much better this season. I have heard that the offense has not been good in the 2 scrimmages
  7. Anyone know the heimlich maneuver, the Astros did some heavy duty choking today
  8. WB will be more talented than the Bulldogs. Bulldogs will not be able to score much. It will be interesting to see if the Bulldogs play any defense this season
  9. Some of you posters either can’t or don’t read a post My post said Alrarez was the only OF that could hit. The others averages are dismal. The next closest would be Smith. Actually if you look at the past 2 series very few in the lineup are hitting well
  10. I question whether management wants to win. They start Javier who has probably a 75% chance of losing, then they bring King in who probably has an 80% chance of losing and Brown can’t throw 2 strikes in a row. Just an extremely weak pitching staff. Offensively Alvarez is the outfielder that can hit If they continue to play like the past couple of series, knowing the only team going to the playoffs in their division will be the winner, they will probably be sitting at the house again
  11. You can rest assured that these 3 pitchers will cost you wins more times than not Javier, King, and Abreu
  12. Don’t think they can beat the Bobcats, so I think they will be 2nd
  13. I certainly think they will be better than last year if they learn to play defense which hasn’t happened in several years. With that being said, there is a very good chance that they will go 0-4 in non district with their schedule. A good buddy says that the coaching staff is weak
  14. I hate too see how many cramps and possible injuries are going to happen those 1st few games because of the new rules. Most players will not be in shape if they don’t have in door facilities. Teams that are moving practice times certainly have the right idea. If the temperature only allows you to work out in shorts with conditioning on hot days and getting to workout only an hour will be brutal on those teams the 1st few games. You will probably see a ton of mistakes also especially penalties
  15. Don’t be surprised if the Astros come in 3rd are 4th in their division this year. They are playing very poorly as of today! Unless the BP gets better and they start hitting with runners on base it is going to get ugly
  16. Astros will continue to struggle if they keep putting King in. I said it last year and I will say it again, he has no business being in the majors
  17. Final results on Lamar’s season positives winning record 2nd in SLC and a terrific comeback to win the conference tournament made it to a regional and scored some runs negatives one of the worst pitching staffs I have seen in a long time
  18. In the history of the SLC has any team ever won a regional tournament Lamar played scrappy yesterday, today they look pathetic. The new coach better find a pitching coach and recruit some decent pitchers
  19. They said Lamar starting pitcher went out with heat related problem, I think it was more not being able to throw a strike and when you did you got pounded
  20. Wow Lamar played much better than I thought they would. They hit the ball well early, just too many pop ups. Oliver pitched pretty good , but way too many free bases to win. Hopefully they will play good tomorrow
  21. Baddog, that is not a negative post. Hoping they don’t get beat as bad as regular season isn’t negative. Also the post said that it is great to see them in a regional. I would love to see them win, however that is not likely. They will not beat A&M or USC and Texas State is very iffy.
  22. I just hope Lamar doesn’t get beat as bad as they did during the regular season. They will probably go 0-2 but it is great to see them get into a regional. It has been a long time coming
  23. Unless Nederland can produce some LB’ers and secondary people, their defense will continue to be bad
  24. The problem at Nederland is they don’t play defense They either do not put the best people on defense, don’t know how to coach it, are a combination of the 2. The reason PNG has been so successful is that defense is the # 1 priority. Joseph knows that is how you win You have 1 coaching staff that is really good and 1 that is really bad!
×
×
  • Create New...