Funniest things you have heard fans yell at the coach from the stands!

I figured this would be kinda fun! There has been alot of talk this week about my Pirates so I figured  I would lighten the mood and see what are some of the craziest things you have heard fans say or yell from the stands!

Don't say any coaches names and it is only meant to be fun and loosen things up on the board..

You know the guys who dont look like they ever played a down of football in there life and they are giving the coach Hell all game long!!

I will start if off..some old man sitting around me kept yelling "it's a pass" and then Lumberton would run it.The he would yell "it's a run".then they would pass.

It was getting comical so I started keeping track how many times he was wrong.

He got like 4 correct all night long.(it was a 50-50 shot)Then he was one of the ones hollering at the OC what he should be doing..A quick description of him was tight coaching shorts from the 80's, tube socks that were stripped, and a tight shirt he wore in High School that said all the players numbers and names of when he played..

Heard a parent at a West hardin playoff game (against Groveton I think, way back in the late 80's) say on the way out of the stadium after WH had gotten their butts whipped, "I think the coach should of called a time out after that 4 th TD by groveton to settle them boys down and get their heads back in the game."

This one isn't directed to the coaches but I've heard things like, "If he hadn't dropped the ball he would have made a great catch", or "If he hadn't made it past the first down marker then he wouln't have made a first".  I could go on and on and on ......

Heard a parent at a West hardin playoff game (against Groveton I think, way back in the late 80's) say on the way out of the stadium after WH had gotten their butts whipped, "I think the coach should of called a time out after that 4 th TD by groveton to settle them boys down and get their heads back in the game."

Thats good stuff right there..

Calling JV offense one year at a small hs and a couple of running plays had gotten stopped and he yells out "You can't run the ball, Pass it..." Then when it's time to pass and the ball goes incomplete, the same man yells, "You can't pass the ball, Run it..."  Don't hear alot from the stands during the game, but that was one of the funniest....

One guy that  I sat by ,his son was the OC, and so we would always watch what we said..Until about the third game and he was giving his own son heck..

"i told him dont run that censored anymore ,it dont work, It just dont work".

he would always quote this NFL coach"There are three things that can go wrong when you pass it, and two of them are bad"..

Two guys were just dogging this poor kid until a man behind them said the kid was his nephew.  The men instantly changed their tunes to well he's really doing a good job, he is a heck of a player, good thing we have him on the team.  I guess it doesn't hurt to have a uncle in the stands that is about 6' 6" about 300 lbs.

It was one of the last times that we played AT Lincoln and their announcer was a very colorful man and a bit inebriated, it seemed, as the night wore on. One of us had scored and it was time for the PAT. It was a run play but the announcer said, "And the ball is up and it is NO GOOD". The ball was NEVER kicked. It was a run play all the way. LMAO

It was one of the last times that we played AT Lincoln and their announcer was a very colorful man and a bit inebriated, it seemed, as the night wore on. One of us had scored and it was time for the PAT. It was a run play but the announcer said, "And the ball is up and it is NO GOOD". The ball was NEVER kicked. It was a run play all the way. LMAO

At Lincoln???  say it aint so...I heard of two dads getting into it in the stands because one Kid was the back up QB, and the other was the starter..it got ugly after the starter's dad yelled "put the real Qb in"

Another funny one was right after T came back to WOS. We were playing Jasper. I heard a couple of guys say, "I can't believe this is a Cornel Thompson defense!" (CT had only been back three weeks, just long enough for two a days and one week of school). Someone leaned over and whispered to the guy, "That's his wife sitting right behind you."  I saw the guys sit up straight and not say another word the entire game. Funny thing is that CT wasn't the "named defensive coordinator" when he first came back and he had not coached ANY of those kids. . .ever. The seniors were in 9th grade when he left. I think those guys got different seats the next game. Never saw 'em after that!

Is it just me, or is the chorus of high pitched grandma voices that yell, "Get Him!" - whenever an opposing player makes a run - funny to you too?  :D

I mean, do they really think they help the kids on the field by yelling, "Get Him"?  ???

Can you imagine a defense standing around, not knowing what to do until Granny Smith jumps up from her stadium-back seat with the team's logo from the 80's faded and cracked but still clinging onto the back and yells, "Get Him!"?    :o

"Oh!", thinks the 6'2" 230lbs. Div-I prospect Middle Linebacker who spent all summer in two-a-days watching the offensive backs score point after point.  "Get Him!  Now I know what I should do!"... tackle.  :o

And as a former SETX grid iron player, I can attest that while crowd noise is rarely in your head, you can hear the occassional, "Get Him!"  ::)

Maybe it's just me, but it always makes me laugh.  ;)

[glow=yellow,2,300]Go Dogs![/glow]

Is it just me, or is the chorus of high pitched grandma voices that yell, "Get Him!" - whenever an opposing player makes a run - funny to you too?   :D

I mean, do they really think they help the kids on the field by yelling, "Get Him"?   ???

Can you imagine a defense standing around, not knowing what to do until Granny Smith jumps up from her stadium-back seat with the team's logo from the 80's faded and cracked but still clinging onto the back and yells, "Get Him!"?    :o

"Oh!", thinks the 6'2" 230lbs. Div-I prospect Middle Linebacker who spent all summer in two-a-days watching the offensive backs score point after point.  "Get Him!  Now I know what I should do!"... tackle.   :o

And as a former SETX grid iron player, I can attest that while crowd noise is rarely in your head, you can hear the occassional, "Get Him!"  ::)

Maybe it's just me, but it always makes me laugh.  ;)

[glow=yellow,2,300]Go Dogs![/glow]

Thats the best so far. ;D.and to add to it they say in the same voice if the player misses the tackle and he scores they say"what are they doin out there"??

Coaching lumberton freshman 25 years ago, playing jasper freshmen.  jasper is running their middle LBs up our middle ALL night long.  We couldn't stop them.  Parent from the stands, "The linebackers are blitzing!!!"  Make you want to turn around and say some thing like, "NO (expletive) SHERLOCK!"

Also:

I was at a HF playoff game way back in the early 90's,against Newton I think.  HF is behind. 5 minutes to go in the game.  I hear a parent around me say, "There's 5 minutes on the clock, that is like having 30 minutes of football left in the game."  ??? ??? ???

Guest WBFan09

Central football gam:

Lady refering to i think the jaguars offensive coordinator at the Lee game

Screaming "COME ON CARROT TOP YOU GOTTA KNOW SOME KIND OF PLAY TO CALL THAT WILL ACTUALLY WORK" **not exact wording ;D :D;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin