Jasper @ Madisonville

Bulldogs92

Games like these are tricky. On one hand, a lot of Bulldog fans would like to see the offense get opened up some so that Adams and the receivers can build some chemistry going into the playoffs. A 50/50 split (or even 30/70...🤣) in play calling would give future opponents something to think about and still allow Jasper to flex some muscle for a half or three quarters before the young kids get some run to finish out the game. 

On the other hand, our typical approach works against teams like Madisonville. We're physical enough that we can lean on the Mustangs all night long and do what we need to do and still have stuff in our bag for the playoffs. Whether we use those tricks later is always debatable, but why put stuff on film now if we don't have to?

Our defense has played well the last two weeks, but I would like to see a little more ball hawking and more turnovers. That's the difference between championship caliber teams like Carthage and teams that typically peter out against championship caliber teams (Jasper, Silsbee (😁), etc. Hey, man. Until we prove otherwise, it is what it is.

Jasper's #4 state ranking suggests that people consider them a contender in Region 3, at least, and they'll take care of Madisonville by a score of 41-6 on Friday night. 

Let's go Dawgs!

4 hours ago, j_dog said:

By the way, is Jasper's first round opponent determined for sure.  I saw conflicting claims. 

Coach Barbay was saying that he thought it would be Waco Connally after the game the other night. I think either of those teams (the other being China Spring) would be a tough first round game for us. 

3 hours ago, chefkland76 said:

I would play our starters the first half and then the second half let the second-string take over and get some reps pending you have a big enough lead. Try your best not to get none of the starters hurt because these playoffs are going to the RUFF!!!!

I agree. There aren't going to be any easy bi-district games for anyone in our district outside of Carthage. 

12 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Yeah honestly I don’t see Center beating Waco Connally . China Spring will be tough as well. 

Either of those teams could beat us if we're not ready to play. I've kinda taken the first round for granted the past couple of years because we played the 4th place team in the Golden Triangle district, which is usually very top-heavy. 

11 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Yeah honestly I don’t see Center beating Waco Connally . China Spring will be tough as well. 

I have Waco Connally playing Jasper in my picks.

Good win over La Marque BTW.La Marque was a pain in our butt in the 90s.Kind of what Carthage is doing to people now days.

2 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

lol. yeah the only solution for LaMarque during their heyday it seems was them ole country boys up in Stephenville. 

If only we could figure out a solution for Carthage's Bulldogs. 

La Marque and Bay City were a lot to handle back in those days and I don't think we beat either of them in the playoffs. I can't believe how far the Cougars have fallen. 

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

lol. yeah the only solution for LaMarque during their heyday it seems was them ole country boys up in Stephenville. 

If only we could figure out a solution for Carthage's Bulldogs. 

Yes Sir I will be rooting for The Jasper Bulldogs 🎉🎉🎊💗💗🏈🏈🏈