East Chambers 49 Woodville 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

Good game EC. Gave us a good whipping but we had some bright spots. Can’t honestly say we played well but we showed we were capable at times. There is nothing we could do to stop Caesar and we had to many turnovers on offense. I know we have a young team but we need to go ahead and clean that up at this point. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to East Chambers 49 Woodville 20/FINAL
11 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Good game EC. Gave us a good whipping but we had some bright spots. Can’t honestly say we played well but we showed we were capable at times. There is nothing we could do to stop Caesar and we had to many turnovers on offense. I know we have a young team but we need to go ahead and clean that up at this point. 

The WR on Woodville are huge and talented the QB has a great arm too the defense was putting big hits on EC all night long.  The coaching lost that game with a couple bad decisions and undisciplined football.  4 personal fouls on Woodville and the redzone fumbles clean that up and it's a one or two score game maybe even an upset.

31 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Don't feel bad, no one in the State can stop him either.

Ceasar = UNSTOPPABLE.  

I'm a believer that when you win, you keep your nose down and when you lose you keep your head up. Woodville had a very impressive offensive line that gave the QB time to throw most of the time. The QB had a good arm and the receivers had several impressive catches. Clean up the fumbles, interceptions and it's a close game. Keep your heads up Woodville because there was some definitely good talent on the field and if you can clean that up, I think you can make a good run in the play offs !!!! 

Didn’t get to watch this game, but from reading everything And talking to so family that we’re there I think we can see what a difference experience makes. EC is a senior laden team that’s been there done that. Woodville is playing a large amount of sophomores and a couple of freshmen. 

Think this could wind up being a good game for both teams. EC has to be proud of their offensive effort, but defensively Woodville seemed to have been able to move the ball quite well but made some key mistakes that you can’t afford to do against good teams. 

Woodville can come out feeling like cleaning up the self inflicted mistakes could result in a scary ball club. 

And EC can come out seeing that they still have some things to work on and not be too overconfident. 

13 hours ago, Eagles95 said:

Good Game EC, Ceaser is as advertised. Good Luck Going into Playoffs.  Special Thanks to EC crowd for staying for Cancer Victory Walk!!

First time watching him?  He's like a 9th year starter for Winnie.  Been around a long time.

2 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Don't feel bad, no one in the State can stop him either.

Ceasar = UNSTOPPABLE.  

Grandview and or Brock will have a tough time with him, but EC will have a tough time with Jeuntsch from GV and Gleaten/Wilson from Brock

3 hours ago, TXBBQDude said:

The WR on Woodville are huge and talented the QB has a great arm too the defense was putting big hits on EC all night long.  The coaching lost that game with a couple bad decisions and undisciplined football.  4 personal fouls on Woodville and the redzone fumbles clean that up and it's a one or two score game maybe even an upset.

Our team can be undisciplined at times  but I don’t believe it’s the coaches fault. I think we’re just young and need to mature. I love our coaching staff. I mostly think EC was just the better team. We had chances to really make it a game but I think nerves got the best of us. You get that with a young team especially playing a good team like EC. We need to play a much better game next week vs Anahuac though 

1 hour ago, TXBBQDude said:

he had 358 yards and 5 scores 

Yea he’s definitely the best RB we’ve faced all year. Our defense is actually pretty good but he made us look garbage. He’s so fast and if you give him a inch, he’s taking a mile. You have to have all 11 guys 100% focused every single down when you play a guy like him 

8 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Yea he’s definitely the best RB we’ve faced all year. Our defense is actually pretty good but he made us look garbage. He’s so fast and if you give him a inch, he’s taking a mile. You have to have all 11 guys 100% focused every single down when you play a guy like him 

He's been doing that since he was a freshman.  All 4 years.  He's been the best RB in that district for 4 years.  Why are people just now noticing this?

Just now, mrtomcat said:

He's been doing that since he was a freshman.  All 4 years.  He's been the best RB in that district for 4 years.  Why are people just now noticing this?

3 or 4 years ago we had Zac Martin and Caesar was good but not quite good as he is now. He was not the best RB in the district at that point. Zac was. 

2 hours ago, ECFAN#1 said:

I'm a believer that when you win, you keep your nose down and when you lose you keep your head up. Woodville had a very impressive offensive line that gave the QB time to throw most of the time. The QB had a good arm and the receivers had several impressive catches. Clean up the fumbles, interceptions and it's a close game. Keep your heads up Woodville because there was some definitely good talent on the field and if you can clean that up, I think you can make a good run in the play offs !!!! 

I could see us MAYBE going 2 or 3 rounds in the playoffs. As small as it seems, 3 rounds would be huge for us because I don’t believe we’ve ever done it and it would give us good momentum and even higher expectations going into next year. I could also see us missing the playoffs if we loose to Anahuac and Kirbyville beats Buna. So I just hope our guys are 100% focused on Anahuac for now and we’ll move forward from there. 

25 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

3 or 4 years ago we had Zac Martin and Caesar was good but not quite good as he is now. He was not the best RB in the district at that point. Zac was. 

We will agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, Setx fan said:

Zac’s senior year 2018-2019. Zac averaged 15 yards while Caesar averaged 11 so just disagree with those numbers 

Zac had a better line.  Zac's senior year they lost to GV in the playoffs.  The same GV that Ceasar made look silly, while coming up short in OT.

4 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Zac had a better line.  Zac's senior year they lost to GV in the playoffs.  The same GV that Ceasar made look silly, while coming up short in OT.

EC had a better offense. It’s easier to stop a good back if you can just stack the box and not have to worry about a pass play. 

6 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Yeah and Woodville couldn’t pass the ball to save their life.. Everyone knew what Woodville was gonna do.  

Guest ECBucFan
11 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Grandview and or Brock will have a tough time with him, but EC will have a tough time with Jeuntsch from GV and Gleaten/Wilson from Brock

Like they say on ESPN... C'mon, mannnn! 

Grandview nearly lost last night. Had to come from behind at the end to win. Grandview is no threat to EC. Grandview could go out early and not even see EC. 

I don't know enough about Brock this year to say too much, but Brocks white boys will be run to exhaustion just trying to catch Ceasar, and that will happen before halftime. EC is going to win State, and there is nothing Brock can do about it.  

11 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Grandview nearly lost last night. Had to come from behind at the end to win. Grandview is no threat to EC. Grandview could go out early and not even see EC. 

I don't know enough about Brock this year to say too much, but Brocks white boys will be run to exhaustion just trying to catch Ceasar, and that will happen before halftime. EC is going to win State, and there is nothing Brock can do about it.  

You do realize who that was that Grandview played last night right? 

3 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Grandview was playing a state ranked 4A team...