Buna @ Hardin

Fbfan3

Buna @ Hardin  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

• Buna
    • Hardin

I think Buna wins but don’t think it’ll be a blowout. After watching Hardin play twice this year two things are evident. 1.) They will have less athletic kids than everyone they play. 2.) They’ll probably be coached as well or better than every team they play. 

After seeing Hardin play Anahuac last week there’s no way the Hornets should have played within 10 points of the panthers. Of the 10 best athletes on the field, Anahuac had probably 8 of the top 10 if not 9. Same thing when they played Hearne to a 14-13 game. Ned Barrier is a difference maker over there in Hardin. I’m not sure if they’ll ever truly compete in this district for a top spot but he’s getting the best out of what he has without a doubt. 

My prediction:

Buna - 28

Hardin - 12

On 10/7/2020 at 12:44 PM, Corona_with_Lime said:

I think Buna wins but don’t think it’ll be a blowout. After watching Hardin play twice this year two things are evident. 1.) They will have less athletic kids than everyone they play. 2.) They’ll probably be coached as well or better than every team they play. 

After seeing Hardin play Anahuac last week there’s no way the Hornets should have played within 10 points of the panthers. Of the 10 best athletes on the field, Anahuac had probably 8 of the top 10 if not 9. Same thing when they played Hearne to a 14-13 game. Ned Barrier is a difference maker over there in Hardin. I’m not sure if they’ll ever truly compete in this district for a top spot but he’s getting the best out of what he has without a doubt. 

My prediction:

Buna - 28

Hardin - 12

how many more athletes will buna have than hardin?  will buna's coach out-coach hardin in order to win, since the teams are evenly matched with athleticism or will there be another reason hardin lost this game, like they lose the majority of all of their games for the last 80 years?  i'm not asking for myself.  

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

how many more athletes will buna have than hardin?  will buna's coach out-coach hardin in order to win, since the teams are evenly matched with athleticism or will there be another reason hardin lost this game, like they lose the majority of all of their games for the last 80 years?  i'm not asking for myself.  

To answer your first question, a bunch more if I’m a betting on it. And Buna’s coach won’t out coach Barrier. Not to say he’s not a really good coach, but that’s just my opinion. They’re not evenly matched athletically in my opinion, so Buna should win.  I dont don’t have a dog in this fight, just calling it like i see it. To be honest, HD has a much more athletic team than Hardin but Hardin was able to beat them. HD is young and lost their starting QB at the half leading the Hornets 8-6 which contributed, but HD was out couched 100% in the second half. Adjustments were made and Hardin outscored HD 19-0 in the second half. 

The problem is when a 2a-II team right down the road with 40% of your enrollment has more athletes on the team. And we’re talking about Hull-Daisetta, not Mart or some crazy athletic outlier. Same with Hardin’s game against Hearne that’s a 2a-I team. 

At some point it’s not about X’s and O’s, it’s about Jimmy’s and Joe’s. And Hardin doesn’t have many of them from what I’ve seen. I’m not trying to be overly critical of those kids by any means but I’m sure they know they’ll be outgunned every game. 

And as far as Hardin losing for the past 80 years, sometimes a program forgets or has never learned to win. They don’t expect to win. A coach that can instill that doesn’t last long enough to impact the younger generation. And in a small community genes and lineage have a huge part in team’s success. Hardin wasn’t athletic 25 years ago and as a tight knit community with below average turnover and move-ins, it makes sense they’re not a super athletic team now. Several of the best athletes from Hardin in years past have moved away, some just for the very reason of giving their children a chance to compete and win at a more successful program. I’m older than dirt but Buna was always on another level than Hardin from a talent standpoint and that hasn’t changed. 

If Buna loses, it will be because they are out coached and the Hardin kids played harder. 

4 minutes ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

To answer your first question, a bunch more if I’m a betting on it. And Buna’s coach won’t out coach Barrier. Not to say he’s not a really good coach, but that’s just my opinion. They’re not evenly matched athletically in my opinion, so Buna should win.  I dont don’t have a dog in this fight, just calling it like i see it. To be honest, HD has a much more athletic team than Hardin but Hardin was able to beat them. HD is young and lost their starting QB at the half leading the Hornets 8-6 which contributed, but HD was out couched 100% in the second half. Adjustments were made and Hardin outscored HD 19-0 in the second half. 

The problem is when a 2a-II team right down the road with 40% of your enrollment has more athletes on the team. Same with Hardin’s game against Hearne that’s a 2a-I team. 

At some point it’s not about X’s and O’s, it’s about Jimmy’s and Joe’s. And Hardin doesn’t have many of them from what I’ve seen. I’m not trying to be overly critical of those kids by any means but I’m sure they know they’ll be outgunned every game. 

And as far as Hardin losing for the past 80 years, sometimes a program forgets or has never learned to win. They don’t expect to win. A coach that can instill that doesn’t last long enough to impact the younger generation. And in a small community genes and lineage have a huge part in team’s success. Hardin wasn’t athletic 25 years ago and as a tight knit community with below average turnover and move-ins, it makes since they’re probably not a super athletic team now. I’m older than dirt but Buna was always on another level than Hardin from a talent standpoint and that hasn’t changed. 

If Buna loses, it will be because they are out coached and the Hardin kids played harder. 

buna and hardin are usually almost always identical in appearance / athleticsm over the 40 years i have been around the southeast texas area but hardin has been out-coached in the majority of those contests.

Series Record 12-2 Buna

WK Team SC Team SC    
2020  TBunav   7Hardinv      
2019  TBunav 28 7Hardiny 0    
2018  TBunav 70 7Hardins 14    
2015  TBunav 31 7Hardinf 6    
2014  TBunav 46 7Hardinv 3    
2011  TBunav 49 7Hardin8 13    
2010  TBunav 56 7Hardinv 32    
2009  TBunav 34 7Hardinv 18    
2008  7Hardinv 53 TBuna3 21    
2007  TBunav 49 7Hardinv 32