2019 ELKHART ELK

This is the hidden content, please

2019 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

ELKHART ELK

2018 Record: 2-8 Overall, 1-5 District

6th Place in District 11-3A-I

The Elkhart Elk suffered a disappointing season in the rugged District 11-3A-I, ending up on the outside looking of the 3A, Division I playoff picture.  However, Coach Jason Fiacco is planning to change that with an experienced ball club (6 starters on each side of the ball return).

Head Coach: Jason Fiacco

Assistant Coaches: Mitchell Stephens (Offensive Coordinator), Nolan Mills (Defensive Coordinator), Roger Mays, Jake Warrens, Ryan Backman

Offense:

Six starters return to the Elkhart multiple set offense in 2019.  Senior quarterback Cade Starr will lead the Elk offense.  He will be joined in the backfield by junior running back R.J. Moore.  Senior wide out John Ashford (2nd team all-district) will lead a receiver corp which will also feature senior tight end Ky Thomas, junior wide receiver Richard Carrillo and sophomore Messiah Birdow.  Senior linemen Weldon Brooks and Tristan Mays will be featured on the Elk offensive line.

Defense:

Six starters return to the Elkhart 4-3 defense in 2019.  Thomas (1st team all-district) will lead the charge on the defensive line from his defensive end spot along with junior defensive end Carter Vickery.  Senior middle linebacker Holden Bush (2nd team all-district) will lead the Elk linebacker corp.  Moore (2nd team all-district) will anchor an Elkhart secondary which will also feature Ashford at cornerback and athlete Chase Walker.

Special Teams:

Starr will handle the place kicking and punting duties.  Moore will be the primary kick returner. 

Schedule:

Aug. 30 - at Centerville, 7:30 pm

Sept. 6 - Frankston, 7:30 pm

Sept. 13 - at Troup, 7:30 pm

Sept. 20 - Gladewater Sabine, 7:30 pm

Sept. 27 - at Palestine Westwood, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 4 - Franklin, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 11 - at Trinity, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 18 - Diboll, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 25 - at Crockett, 7:30 pm*

Nov. 1 - Coldspring-Oakhurst, 7:30 pm*

Nov. 8 - OPEN