West Brook's Flanigan reinstated

AggiesAreWe

48 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

I'm still waiting for soulja to answer the question. What rule was broken?

Funny...  You never asked AAW to answer my question that was side stepped...  

So I see it as you're just trying to provoke me.  Seems to be a trend from you and a lot of debates.  And each time you do, I can really burst your bubble,  but I'll hold strong on my 2017 New year resolution.  

Enjoy your day.  

23 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

That's because you was asked said question way before you tried to deflect by asking aaw a question. Wanna keep crawfishing soulja?

I'm sure you can answer your own question.  I mean, even the densest person I know can answer a question like that, and I'm pretty sure that you're at least as smart as them...

43 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm sure you can answer your own question.  I mean, even the densest person I know can answer a question like that, and I'm pretty sure that you're at least as smart as them...

I would like to have an answer to his question as well Soulja. Not to prove anyone right or wrong, just out of curiosity.

the fact remains that he didn't break the law, but did he violate the rules of the district? 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Do you think that it's coincidence that NO high school locker room or field house has installed cameras?  I'm sure that locker room or field house theft at some point has happened at many high schools across the state and in our area... 

Let that tidbit of information digest for a moment....

I'm sure it has. Seems like this may have been a little extreme though to call for these measures..

idk, only the people involved know the real truth.

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

This is outrageous. How dare BISD reinstate a coach who broke no law or rule? I can't believe this guy got his job back after the way he looked out for his kids and his program. Non-crime committing scum.

And here comes the amateur comedy club...  Where only the front row of the crowd laughs...

18 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

This is outrageous. How dare BISD reinstate a coach who broke no law or rule? I can't believe this guy got his job back after the way he looked out for his kids and his program. Non-crime committing scum.

Not against a law of any kind to have a camera in or around a locker room or restroom where kids change clothes?  Well then...I hope they start doing that in every locker room in the country.  I for one wish we could turn back time and put cameras in all of the locker rooms my kids used growing up.  We certainly can't have kids stealing stuff out of lockers.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Not against a law of any kind to have a camera in or around a locker room or restroom where kids change clothes?  Well then...I hope they start doing that in every locker room in the country.  I for one wish we could turn back time and put cameras in all of the locker rooms my kids used growing up.  We certainly can't have kids stealing stuff out of lockers.

The way the camera was used in this case, was not used while people were changing or using the bathroom. According to the law, no crime was committed in this specific case. i am sure it is illegal to video kids changing. But that is not the case here. What do I know, I did not investigate. The investigation found it to be a legal use.

6 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Teammates stealing from teammates is about as low as it gets in a locker room. 

3 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Teammates stealing from teammates is about as low as it gets in a locker room. 

I'm not saying I disagree with you.  I 100% believe that.  But...it's not the coach's job to investigate crimes.  He's very fortunate in this case.  It has already been argued by me that all the coach needs to do is provide a kid with a locker, provide a kid with a means to keep the locker locked, and then leave it up to the kid to use what has been given.  I've argued this before already.  If the kids are having things stolen from a LOCKED locker, then it becomes a police matter.  If the police decide that cameras are needed to catch criminals then it's a little different.  But I can assure you one thing...if I have a kid in that locker room then I'm not happy.  A coach installs a camera and then says "but I only turned it on when no one when changing".....Yeah, that wouldn't sit well with me.  This is not CSI.  But...my kids are grown and gone so I don't have a dog in the fight.  Beaumont, do whatever you want to do.

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm not saying I disagree with you.  I 100% believe that.  But...it's not the coach's job to investigate crimes.  He's very fortunate in this case.  It has already been argued by me that all the coach needs to do is provide a kid with a locker, provide a kid with a means to keep the locker locked, and then leave it up to the kid to use what has been given.  I've argued this before already.  If the kids are having things stolen from a LOCKED locker, then it becomes a police matter.  If the police decide that cameras are needed to catch criminals then it's a little different.  But I can assure you one thing...if I have a kid in that locker room then I'm not happy.  A coach installs a camera and then says "but I only turned it on when no one when changing".....Yeah, that wouldn't sit well with me.  This is not CSI.  But...my kids are grown and gone so I don't have a dog in the fight.  Beaumont, do whatever you want to do.

Correct. I'll leave it here. People have an opinion on this, that won't change. I am glad it came to a reasonable resolution.

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Very great post...  My thought process as well, but this falls on deaf (and sometimes ignorant) ears.

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Correct. I'll leave it here. People have an opinion on this, that won't change. I am glad it came to a reasonable resolution.

Would it have been reasonable if no charges would have been filed AND he gets fired ....  Or if he serves jail time AND gets to keep his job?

Just a hypothetical question....

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Would it have been reasonable if no charges would have been filed AND he gets fired ....  Or if he serves jail time AND gets to keep his job?

At the end of the investigation, if it was found no law was broken, I would say it would be reasonable to keep his job

At the end of the investigation, if it was found that he did in fact break the law, I would find it reasonable to let him go.

From my understanding, no law was violated, so I think it was reasonable to retain him.

and(B) with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person;

(ii) arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person;  or

Look, the people who investigated the action know the law better than we do. They can interpret the law better than we can. They concluded no law was broken. Ya'll can post all the links to the penal code you want. They looked at it and found no law violate. So what is the point of posting a link to a law that was not broken?