Longhorns logo

UTfanatic

23 minutes ago, baddog said:

Why not former Titan's QB? You never give up do you?

He's an employee of the University of Texas not the Tennessee Titans.

My question is how does he get a DUI in Travis County?  That cop must not have LHN on his TV and get to watch the 2005 championship game on a continuous loop.  

16 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

He's an employee of the University of Texas not the Tennessee Titans.

My question is how does he get a DUI in Travis County?  That cop must not have LHN on his TV and get to watch the 2005 championship game on a continuous loop.  

I am still waiting to see the Aggies championship game on the sec network. 

Hookem

mod's should move the Vince post to political forum. 

Nothing to do with college sports. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Every single news feed I have seen so far has it titled "former Longhorn or former UT QB".

I just don't understand. Peyton Manning was accused of taking steroids and I never once saw it posted.....former Tennessee QB Peyton Manning...It is all about taking a shot at UT.

20 minutes ago, baddog said:

I just don't understand. Peyton Manning was accused of taking steroids and I never once saw it posted.....former Tennessee QB Peyton Manning...It is all about taking a shot at UT.

Honestly, it's because VY is more famous and recognizable as a Longhorn than he is a Tennessee Titan.

Earl Campbell is a Houston Oiler. No one remembers him as a New Orleans Saint.

36 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

Honestly, it's because VY is more famous and recognizable as a Longhorn than he is a Tennessee Titan.

Earl Campbell is a Houston Oiler. No one remembers him as a New Orleans Saint.

Not trying to be difficult but Earl Campbell is a former Longhorn but he is remembered as a Houston Oiler. When does one shake the college tag?

4 minutes ago, baddog said:

Not trying to be difficult but Earl Campbell is a former Longhorn but he is remembered as a Houston Oiler. When does one shake the college tag?

When you have an NFL career that trumps your college career.

and in Earl's case, he is remembered as a Longhorn legend and Oiler legend.

17 minutes ago, baddog said:

I think either fan base has fond memories of Earl. He was a 8 year NFL veteran that was very well known and is in the HOF. He is also one the greatest (if not THE greatest) Longhorns ever.

VY also played 8 years in the NFL but was was not nearly as successful as Earl. I think we UT fans hold him in much higher regard than any NFL team does.