Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Bi District Games
      All I know is that WH is going to have their hands FULL with WS's Lacey. She averages 22pts. 11reb. 5ast. 4stl. and 2blks. a game from the post position. I cover WS for the Sabine County Reporter and have got to watch her play. She is one of the hardest workers on a team full of hard workers. Who does the winner of this game have in Rd. 2? Haven't seen the brackets yet....
    • Tentative Pre District Matchups
      I hope they get those two games in.....this has been a weird set of circumstances. You have so many teams in our area that absolutely DO NOT want to play them at all. It's not their fault they spank everyone 5a and down, in these parts.
    • Scrimmages today 2/1
      Walk off 2 run HR in the 9th by the Highlanders. PNG has a really good squad this year. 
    • Houston and Setx falling way behind
      Do the kids and coaches at WO-S deserve the finest in facilities? Absolutely! Do I wish that they had all of the bells and whistles?  You bet! Do I wish that every program in Southeast Texas had the indoor practice facilities, field turf on their fields and the state of the art video boards in the end zones? Without a doubt, yes! That being said, the premise of this thread being that you have to have all of the bells and whistles to have a consistent winning program or to garner a state championship simply isn't the case.  In fact, let me pose the question this way.  If we all got our most ardent of wishes and EVERY program in the area had all of the above, could you say that any more programs would have brought home a title other than the 1 that was earned this season?  Having seen the teams, a lot of them being high quality teams, probably not.  You see, we here can have those desires and make our demands and covet the best.  That's okay, that is in part what this site is here for and I do it just as much, if not more than anyone.  Unfortunately, the respective school boards in the area don't operate with the unlimited funds that we wish that they would have.  They have limited, in some cases extremely limited, funds with which to take care of several priorities.  And, much as we wish this was not the case, athletics is not always the priority.  Such a sell is even harder to a resident of the school district who is told that the new athletic facility will results in hundreds, if not thousands, or more in taxes that they will have to dole out every year.  Will that doom the area to fewer state titles? Perhaps.  However, we can't blame local school districts if their response to such a scenario is "We'll just have to live with that."
    • Baytown Lee 68 Nederland 63/Final
      Lee wanted it more and we couldn't stop Hockless. Pretty much wraps up the game. These boys need to ask themselves how much winning means to them. Some kids have that 'not gonna lose' mentality. I believe that is called the 'it factor' that so many people refer to. Some kids have it, some don't. I can recall a few games (earlier in the season) where we had that mentality. Lately, we don't seem to have 'it'. We need to somehow find that desire to win again. 
  • Topics