Which Liberty County team will have better season in 2013? List in order.

Which Liberty County team has the better season in 2013?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which Liberty County team has the better season in 2013?

• Hull-Daisetta
    • Dayton
    • Cleveland
    • Liberty

HD's AD/HC Josh Finney has changed the whole sports program culture in Daisetta. HD is coming off an undefeated District Championship and nail biting 2nd round lose to powerhouse Alto in the playoffs, all this in Finney's first season in HD. Good news for HD, just about everybody is coming back for the Bobcats. HD's slot-t offense will be even better in the second season. Offensive coordinator Coach Huckaby, has always been successful with this offense. Coach Huckaby is the former Orangefield Bobcat AD/Headcoach. HD has one of the best coaching staffs in SE Texas. District MVP RB/LB Darrell Lavalais and Freak Athlete 6'4 WR/FS Aaron Mosley will lead HD on offense. "The Bus" Chris Herman at FB, will continue to run over linebackers and step on their facemasks. HD's defense is lead by Defensive MVP of the District DE/OT Ken Lavalais and Huge 6'4 265lb DE/OT Kyle Hopkins. HD's offensive line will again average over 250lbs per 1A player and will be anchored by Big 260lb Dezman Cook. Special teams will be lead by Dustin Welch the best kicker in the District. Welch has a cannon leg and easily hits 45 yard field goals all the time. HD has a chance to have a special season and go deep in the playoffs.

Top LC Teams for 2013:([glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]As far as record and success,not if they played H to H[/glow].)[/glow]
1. Hull-Daisetta: (Loaded with players and staff)
2. Dayton: (Since 1997 a powerhouse in 4A, fans not happy with 2012)
3. Cleveland: (Always scrappy and tough)
4. Liberty: (Program has been down and will take awhile to turn around)
5. Hardin: (Well, it's Hardin)
6. Tarkington: (Football not a priority)

The logical pick is Dayton due to recent history. HD is always guaranteed a decent record due to their horrible district and usual creme puff schedule. Liberty remains a question mark.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1375307" timestamp="1361113363"]
The logical pick is Dayton due to recent history. HD is always guaranteed a decent record due to their horrible district and usual creme puff schedule. Liberty remains a question mark.
[/quote]I agree Dayton is usually good. Rocky times last year though. I also agree HD's District could be tougher. But overall HD has some tough teams to play. Groveton, Normangee, Deweyville, Lovelady, Kountze and Iola could all make the playoffs in 2013.

Coach Taylor was the QB his senior year (1990) in Liberty, the year after Donald D. graduated.
He was a very good QB and was a "smart" QB. Smart QB's probably make good coaches too.
Deel was an irresponsible hire and not that DD wasn't good enough. Enough said.
Now this was a great hire. Good Luck Coach Taylor!

1. Hull-Daisetta Bobcats: HD returns 8 offensive and 10 defensive starters (9 of which were all-district selections) on a 7-4 team that was tied late in the 4th quarter with regional finalist Alto in their 2nd round playoff game. Led by District MVP Darrell Lavalais and District Defensive MVP Kentarious Lavalais, along with their top three WR's, top 4 leading rushers from 2012 and the aforementioned defense, the Bobcats will have a chance for a very deep playoff run. Prediction: 12-2

2. Cleveland Indians: The Tribe brings back a ton of talent off a playoff team from last season. A bunch of offensive firepower could surprise alot of folks this season. I think Cleveland beats out Huffman for 2nd place in the district this year. Unfortunately unlesss they beat Coldspring, they will most likely run into West Orange Stark in the playoffs once again. Prediction: 8-3

3. Dayton Broncos: The Broncos had a down year in 2012 considering their amount of recent success. A very tough district with Summer Creek, a loaded Crosby squad and a tough Barbers Hill and Kingwood Park team will have the Broncos fighting for a playoff spot. I think they get the fouth playoff spot but dont' make it out of the first round. Prediction: 6-5

4. Liberty Panthers: The Panthers are heading in the right direction with the recent hiring of Chad Taylor. Liberty loses some good talent from a disappointing 2012 season, but will still bring back some good athletes. A tough district with Coldspring, Cleveland and Huffman will have the Panthers on the outside looking in once again. A pre-district schedule that will prepare them for conference play will help, but they may be too beat up to contend for a playoff spot. Prediction: 3-7

5. Tarkington Longhorns: The 'Horns showed signs of life last year with some impressive wins early in the season. By the mid-way point of the season though it fell apart and they went back to the Longhorns of old. Led by junior to be do it all QB Hunter Johnson, the 'Horns will still have a fighting chance. A tough district will do them no favors though. Prediction: 3-7

6. Hardin Hornets: A tough season for new head coach Walter Fortune in 2012 helped build character for the returning Hornets in 2013. I don't think it will be enough to compete in many of their games. I do think they win a district game this season (Warren) but other than a possible win over West Hardin in pre-season, I don't expect much from the Hornets. Prediction: 2-8

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1375716" timestamp="1361275873"]
1. Hull-Daisetta Bobcats: HD returns 8 offensive and 10 defensive starters (9 of which were all-district selections) on a 7-4 team that was tied late in the 4th quarter with regional finalist Alto in their 2nd round playoff game. Led by District MVP Darrell Lavalais and District Defensive MVP Kentarious Lavalais, along with their top three WR's, top 4 leading rushers from 2012 and the aforementioned defense, the Bobcats will have a chance for a very deep playoff run. Prediction: 12-2

[/quote]

Wouldn't be surprised if we faced each other again next year in the Regional Finals as I see us winning district next year and being on the other side of the bracket.  Thought you guys returned 7 on offense though??  Lost 3 lineman and the big TE #99??  We return 9/8 on each side. 

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1376121" timestamp="1361322129"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=109423.msg1375716#msg1375716 date=1361275873]

[/quote]

Wouldn't be surprised if we faced each other again next year in the Regional Finals as I see us winning district next year and being on the other side of the bracket.  Thought you guys returned 7 on offense though??  Lost 3 lineman and the big TE #99??  We return 9/8 on each side.
[/quote]

We did lose three linemen and big #99. Actually we lost more linemen that that, but we rotated and started different guys so much it's not real clear. We lost Abraham #72, Humphry #54, Wells #65, Gage #75, Metcalf #53 and #99 Stanley who was our TE (glorified unbalanced tackle). We do return Cook #73 @ gaurd, #63 McClusky @ center, and #71 K. Lavalais @ tackle who all started several games. Abraham and Stanley will be hard to replace. Those two kids, along with Cook are monsters. Kyle Hopkins can be a dominant tackle next season as a junior. He's about 6'4" 255lbs. (1st team all-district DE) My guess is that Cade Huckabay will move from WR to TE. I heard he's about 6'2"-6'3" 205lbs now, so he'll fill the spot nicely with Mosely and Welch manning the WR spots.

I would not doubt it one bit if HD and Alto don't meet up in the regional final. With Whitaker and Sturns in the backfield, Alto can compete with anyone. Along with Mart, both the Jackets and Bobcats both bring back a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. Hopefully both teams stay healthy throughout the season. This past year's playoff game was a great battle and I'm sure next year would be the same.

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1376121" timestamp="1361322129"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=109423.msg1375716#msg1375716 date=1361275873]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I would like to hear how Alto or HD would stop the RB and QB from Mart next year. They ran through Alto like they were pop warner. I suspect with the RB being a sophmore and the QB being a junior they will be more difficult to stop than they were this year as freshman and sophmore.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1376874" timestamp="1361401184"]
[quote author=AltoJacketFan5 link=topic=109423.msg1376121#msg1376121 date=1361322129]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I would like to hear how Alto or HD would stop the RB and QB from Mart next year. They ran through Alto like they were pop warner. I suspect with the RB being a sophmore and the QB being a junior they will be more difficult to stop than they were this year as freshman and sophmore.
[/quote]

I got Mart in the top 3 of Region 3 with Alto and HD and West Sabine #4.  True , Mart has the RB and QB back but losing 4 linemen will have a drop off in the trenches IMO.  Plus #20 and #2 graduated as well on the outside.  It wasnt like Mart stopped Alto either, Whitaker ran all over them.

Dayton will be loaded with young talent. The freshman team was 10-0 and won by an average of 40 pts. The knew comer of the year in 19 4a was a sophmore from dayton. Dayton also started 6 sophmores on a team that won 9 games and their 2 losses were to top 10 teams. If dayton can do a better job of calling plays they will be able to score at will against anybody in their district. Between keener chambers McBride and shaq dayton will have 4 kids that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1377180" timestamp="1361460463"]
Dayton will be loaded with young talent. The freshman team was 10-0 and won by an average of 40 pts. The knew comer of the year in 19 4a was a sophmore from dayton. Dayton also started 6 sophmores on a team that won 9 games and their 2 losses were to top 10 teams. If dayton can do a better job of calling plays they will be able to score at will against anybody in their district. Between keener chambers McBride and shaq dayton will have 4 kids that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.
[/quote]

You know I may have sold Dayton a little short on my post. They did have great kids on their freshman and JV team that will fill this year's roster. Even though they were 9-2, it just didnt' seem like the Dayton that everyone is used to the last few years. I do think they will lose to Summer Creek and Crosby this year and KP and BH will be tough. Who knows this early on, but good luck to the Broncos. I hope I'm WAY off on the record I predicted. It's been fun following the Bronc's on their recent playoff runs.

I did figure a few more folks would chime in on this thread  ???

I think the lack of posts by Liberty County fans, shows some things. Hull-Daisetta has the best fans and they are most passionate about Friday Night Lights. Liberty and Hardin fans are content being average or below. Dayton fans are always expecting their team to reload and go deep. Cleveland fans are unaware they have a really good program. Tarkington fans could care less about football. GO BOBCATS!

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1377180" timestamp="1361460463"]
Dayton will be loaded with young talent. The freshman team was 10-0 and won by an average of 40 pts. The knew comer of the year in 19 4a was a sophmore from dayton. Dayton also started 6 sophmores on a team that won 9 games and their 2 losses were to top 10 teams. If dayton can do a better job of calling plays they will be able to score at will against anybody in their district. Between keener [b]chambers[/b] McBride and shaq dayton will have 4 kids that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.
[/quote] ? Is there a little brother?

[quote name="89falcon" post="1378809" timestamp="1361671621"]
Liberty is average or below? Cleveland has a good program? What criterion have you utilized to determine that Cleveland has a better program than Liberty?
[/quote]How long you got buddy. lol. Liberty was blowed out by Cleveland 49-7!! Cleveland has made the playoffs the last two seasons, this season finished second in District and had an overall record of 7-4 on the season. Liberty has missed the playoffs the last two seasons and had a change at HC. Cleveland's Coach is still there and has a loaded team returning next season. Yes, Liberty's program is below average right now. Liberty will not win for a while. Cleveland has enough fire power coming back to possible get a playoff win. Hopefully they don't meet WOS again. lol.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1378832" timestamp="1361675703"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=109423.msg1378809#msg1378809 date=1361671621]
Liberty is average or below? Cleveland has a good program? What criterion have you utilized to determine that Cleveland has a better program than Liberty?
[/quote]How long you got buddy. lol. Liberty was blowed out by Cleveland 49-7!! Cleveland has made the playoffs the last two seasons, this season finished second in District and had an overall record of 7-4 on the season. Liberty has missed the playoffs the last two seasons and had a change at HC. Cleveland's Coach is still there and has a loaded team returning next season. Yes, Liberty's program is below average right now. Liberty will not win for a while. Cleveland has enough fire power coming back to possible get a playoff win. Hopefully they don't meet WOS again. lol.
[/quote]
Got it. Cleveland is better today. You are not looking at any length of time. Liberty was 7-3 in 2011 and lost to Cleveland.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder