TO ALL POSTERS---------NOT ABOUT FOOTBALL------------read below

skipper

[quote name="LHS ALLZONE" post="1355926" timestamp="1355712165"]
godogs you said a poster said God turned his back on our nation, post said we turned our back on God . btw ,its not a diety,like one of many
He is the diety.  some people are just broke, if violence is in there mind there is nothing to stop this, to predict when or where one sick person might act in such a manner. pray for mercy,forgiveness,peace and strive to keep our children safe and morally sound. teach your kids to be
gun safe, careful when driving-not texting,these things too can kill,  2,500 hundred such cases in texas this year related to deaths. imo, God
is not punishing children for our narrow views and or lack of values, rendering judgement on the innocent, not that he wouldnt be just in judging those who have forsaken the laws of this christian nation and of His word, but the broke , sick minded people,lost without God commit such cowardice acts of their own free will. no religious or political debate by this post just a view of one that is concerned  for the future of our children, families ,friends and nation, Jesus forgive and bless us all
[/quote]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LHS ALLZONE" post="1355926" timestamp="1355712165"]
godogs you said a poster said God turned his back on our nation, post said we turned our back on God . btw ,its not a diety,like one of many
He is the diety.  some people are just broke, if violence is in there mind there is nothing to stop this, to predict when or where one sick person might act in such a manner. pray for mercy,forgiveness,peace and strive to keep our children safe and morally sound. teach your kids to be
gun safe, careful when driving-not texting,these things too can kill,  2,500 hundred such cases in texas this year related to deaths. imo, God
is not punishing children for our narrow views and or lack of values, rendering judgement on the innocent, not that he wouldnt be just in judging those who have forsaken the laws of this christian nation and of His word, but the broke , sick minded people,lost without God commit such cowardice acts of their own free will. no religious or political debate by this post just a view of one that is concerned  for the future of our children, families ,friends and nation, Jesus forgive and bless us all
[/quote]

I apologize if I didn't interpret the post as intended. I grew up with the notion that God was omnipotent and created us in his image. I felt like the post was saying that the reason those innocent children were slaughtered was because God felt betrayed by us and so he allows things like this to happen. We can all have differing opinions on religion and God etc., but the fact remains that there are evil people in the world. There are evil religious people and evil non-believers. I don't think religion or lack thereof is the reason why things like this happen. I think it's a systematic problem with two separate issues: mental illness and ease of access to guns. By no means would I support any overturn to the second amendment as I am a gun owner myself. That being said, gun owners need to be more responsible, especially parents. Even more so if your child is mentally ill. This shouldn't be a debate about religious values however. The U.S. is the most Christian nation in the world.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1355475" timestamp="1355603546"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=107488.msg1355119#msg1355119 date=1355531036]
This world collectively, and this formerly great nation in particular, has TURNED ITS BACK ON GOD. Evil is now rampant, and immorality and violence reigns. God have mercy on us, especially the children.  :'(
[/quote]
Hmmm.. Well God is the one that allowed this to happen right? I'll give your next answer..... He gives us free will.. To which I say, those children had no free will..

[b]Not looking for a debate [/b] but I think it's a bit arrogant to think that we as a species pissed off a deity who wants to now punish us.. Believe whatever you want, but don't lie to people and shadow the truth. Which is that a mentally disturbed man with asperger's got a hold of guns and did something terrible. This country needs to start taking mental health a little more seriously. More funding, more research, stricter practice guidelines. And lastly it's about individuals. As Michael Berry says, "if you see something, say something." people around this individual should've seen some signs, especially the mother. I'll step down now, but let's not sit here and say that this has something to do with God. It has to do with mental health and gun access...

My thoughts are with the victims families and I hope they find peace however they can.
[/quote]
Awful lot of opinion coming from someone not looking for a debate.

[quote name="mat" post="1355988" timestamp="1355751540"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=107488.msg1355475#msg1355475 date=1355603546]
This world collectively, and this formerly great nation in particular, has TURNED ITS BACK ON GOD. Evil is now rampant, and immorality and violence reigns. God have mercy on us, especially the children.  :'(
[/quote]
Hmmm.. Well God is the one that allowed this to happen right? I'll give your next answer..... He gives us free will.. To which I say, those children had no free will..

[b]Not looking for a debate [/b] but I think it's a bit arrogant to think that we as a species pissed off a deity who wants to now punish us.. Believe whatever you want, but don't lie to people and shadow the truth. Which is that a mentally disturbed man with asperger's got a hold of guns and did something terrible. This country needs to start taking mental health a little more seriously. More funding, more research, stricter practice guidelines. And lastly it's about individuals. As Michael Berry says, "if you see something, say something." people around this individual should've seen some signs, especially the mother. I'll step down now, but let's not sit here and say that this has something to do with God. It has to do with mental health and gun access...

My thoughts are with the victims families and I hope they find peace however they can.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Sometimes mat, opinions don't really matter. Sometimes tragedies can supersede what each individual thinks is right or wrong. Maybe you are too  young to understand that, or maybe just too self-centered to concede it. I can only speak for myself, but the fact is that I don't need to feel right, especially after such a horrific tragedy. There are things that are more important than trying to win some debate. So, I can have an opinion and state the opinion, but please don't make the mistake of thinking I have any desire to debate you or anyone else. Go find someone young and dumb if that's what you are looking for.. Some things are more important.

[quote author=77 link=topic=107488.msg1355994#msg1355994 date=1355754440]
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10151195531403915&set=vb.513518914&type=2&theater
[/quote]

Well that's three minutes of my life that I will never get back.  ::)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1356025" timestamp="1355757309"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=107488.msg1355988#msg1355988 date=1355751540]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=107488.msg1355475#msg1355475 date=1355603546]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sometimes mat, opinions don't really matter. Sometimes tragedies can supersede what each individual thinks is right or wrong. [b]Maybe you are too  young to understand that, or maybe just too self-centered to concede it[/b]. I can only speak for myself, but the fact is that I don't need to feel right, especially after such a horrific tragedy. There are things that are more important than trying to win some debate. So, I can have an opinion and state the opinion, but please don't make the mistake of thinking I have any desire to debate you or anyone else. Go find someone young and dumb if that's what you are looking for.. Some things are more important.

[/quote]
Me debating? Unlike some, I have yet to share my opinion on this thread.

I’m 53. As far as me being self-centered? I guess that’s a judgmental matter of opinion

as tragic as this is/was, looking at this and other horrible things that have happend in the past year,is alarming. call it mental illness, or whatever,but for so many individuals to do it,says to me it's more than that to it. which in that case, i truly believe we are in the end of times now. nobody knows when the day will come,but imo, it's on the horizen...these american terroist can't be stopped :(...as someone said earlier, kiss them and tell them you love them everyday and not take them for granted...not only children,but mothers,fathers,sisters,brothers, anyone you love in your heart, even thy neighbor....

best thing was said on here also was to stop talking about the shooter and concentrate on the lives lost. i think more and more of these type people will come out and pull stuff like this, if the media and people "glorify" them

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1356035" timestamp="1355759057"]
as tragic as this is/was, looking at this and other horrible things that have happend in the past year,is alarming. call it mental illness, or whatever,but for so many individuals to do it,says to me it's more than that to it. which in that case, i truly believe we are in the end of times now. nobody knows when the day will come,but imo, it's on the horizen...these american terroist can't be stopped :(...as someone said earlier, kiss them and tell them you love them everyday and not take them for granted...not only children,but mothers,fathers,sisters,brothers, anyone you love in your heart, even thy neighbor....

[b]best thing was said on here also was to stop talking about the shooter and concentrate on the lives lost. i think more and more of these type people will come out and pull stuff like this, if the media and people "glorify" them[/b]
[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head. The more the media talks about this sick individual, the more others with sick thoughts will be inclined to cause harm to others. Especially those who seek attention.

My heart goes out to those families in Conn.
This was perpatrated by mentally ill person with access to his mother's guns. I think it will come out that the guy probably needed to be in a mental facility somewhere.
Somebody wanted to know where school security was. Well, most school districts don't have the money for a security force like BISD. The reports I have heard said that someone let him in that knew him. His mother did teach at the school.
I'm of the opinion,  we should at least let administrators to be able to carry concealed weapons. Not necessarilly the teachers, but the principal or superintendant should be able to carry a concealed weapon. People go into these schools knowing that they can inflict a lot damage before the police get there and won't be challenged with a weapon untill they get there. Also, if these loonaticts want a gun they can get one legally or illeagally.
This also, what happens when we coddle the mentally ill. If they've been diagnosed with a mental illnes that predisposes them to violence, put them
in a place where they can get help. If they can't be helped put them some place and leave them there!
I'm tired of when something like this happens, it's from sombody with a "mental illness". Why then are they walking around the public?
Quit making excuses for these killers. Sometimes these perpatrators are just evil!

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1356060" timestamp="1355762014"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=107488.msg1356049#msg1356049 date=1355760372]
"Thou shall not kill" what would it hurt to have them posted in govt. buildings?
[/quote]
I don't think it would hurt anything. But by the same token, its useless. Do you really think that will stop someone??
[/quote]Your way aint workin very well either!

i don't believe they are mentally ill...just not enough butt kickins!!! 20-30 years ago THIS WAS NOT HAPPENING!!! back then,you got whipped in school and nobody said anything about it. back then you LOST a little league game when you didn't score enough,not both teams won. back then, parents didn't feed the kids pills to make them behave...now,that's all they do,give them pills. when they become adults,they stop the medication and then you have stuff like this....

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1356064" timestamp="1355762801"]
i don't believe they are mentally ill...just not enough butt kickins!!! 20-30 years ago THIS WAS NOT HAPPENING!!! back then,you got whipped in school and nobody said anything about it. back then you LOST a little league game when you didn't score enough,not both teams won. back then, parents didn't feed the kids pills to make them behave...now,that's all they do,give them pills. when they become adults,they stop the medication and then you have stuff like this....
[/quote]yep!

A poem I just read that I had to share…..

Twas’ 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through Heaven’s gate. Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there. They were filled with such joy; they didn’t know what to say. They remembered nothing of what happened earlier that day. “where are we?” asked a little girl, as quite as a mouse. “This is Heaven” declared a small boy. “We’re spending Christmas at God’s house”. When what to their wondering eyes did appear, but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near. He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name. And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring those children all flew into the arms of their King and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, one small girl turned and looked at Jesus’ face. And as if He could read all the questions she had He gently whispered to her, “I’ll take care of mom and dad. “then He looked down on earth, the world far below He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe, then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, “Let My power and presence re-enter this land!” “May this country be delivered from the hands of fools” “I’m taking back my nation. I’m taking back my schools!” Then He and the children stood up without a sound. “Come now my children let me show you around.” Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can. And I heard him proclaim as He walked out of sight, “in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT.”

[quote name="indianforever" post="1356068" timestamp="1355763450"]
A poem I just read that I had to share…..

Twas’ 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through Heaven’s gate. Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there. They were filled with such joy; they didn’t know what to say. They remembered nothing of what happened earlier that day. “where are we?” asked a little girl, as quite as a mouse. “This is Heaven” declared a small boy. “We’re spending Christmas at God’s house”. When what to their wondering eyes did appear, but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near. He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name. And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring those children all flew into the arms of their King and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, one small girl turned and looked at Jesus’ face. And as if He could read all the questions she had He gently whispered to her, “I’ll take care of mom and dad. “then He looked down on earth, the world far below He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe, then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, “Let My power and presence re-enter this land!” “May this country be delivered from the hands of fools” “I’m taking back my nation. I’m taking back my schools!” Then He and the children stood up without a sound. “Come now my children let me show you around.” Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can. And I heard him proclaim as He walked out of sight, “in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT.”
[/quote]
+1

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1356064" timestamp="1355762801"]
[/quote] +1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33