**PA MEMORIAL vs. HCYA Broadcast**/HCYA wins 44-27

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1352573" timestamp="1355085976"]
Somebody told me that HCYA is some sort of home schooling school.  If that is even close to correct, could someone who understands it relate to me how this school exists and from whence do their players originate?
[/quote] Simple! Join the homeschool association. Your or me could get our kids there to practice. But, you will find many of thee kids have been held back to hone their skills.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1352618" timestamp="1355091183"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107286.msg1352573#msg1352573 date=1355085976]
Somebody told me that HCYA is some sort of home schooling school.  If that is even close to correct, could someone who understands it relate to me how this school exists and from whence do their players originate?
[/quote] Simple! Join the homeschool association. Your or me could get our kids there to practice. But, you will find many of thee kids have been held back to hone their skills.
[/quote]

Thank you- just another basketball factory rather than a school- at what level do they compete and how big of a geographical area do their players come from?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1352544" timestamp="1355079414"]
I still say the best team in the tourney was The Village, and Memorial beat those guys.

HCYA played very well against PAM, the Titans did not play well at all. They had no answer for HCYA's star Justin Jackson. He had 19 points, 15 boards, and 9 block shots.
[/quote]
Village was definitely the best team at the tourney. Coach Williams and Roberson had a great game plan which worked, and that's why they beat them IMO. They slowed the pace of the game which frustrated their PG stud #11.

Ned led HCYA for most of their game until the end when we couldn't buy a bucket. 3 points in Q4 not going to win many. JJ played well against us, but J Jackson turned it up a notch against PAM. He only had 1-2 blocks against us bc Weisbrod was able to go by Jackson with his quickness and ability to put the ball on the floor.  Colton had 20 of our 40 points. We played like we did against WB 2 weeks ago when we lost in OT. Just couldn't make outside shots. Memorial players tried to shoot over him. That's why he had 9 blocks.

Had The Village gotten past PAM, I believe they would have won the tourney over HCYA.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1352618" timestamp="1355091183"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107286.msg1352573#msg1352573 date=1355085976]
[/quote]

Which is sad by the way... Is legal cheating a word...lol..where is the value of education over sports...some of these so called  parents..are allowing their children to be pimped...

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1352726" timestamp="1355099397"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107286.msg1352618#msg1352618 date=1355091183]
[/quote]

Which is sad by the way... Is legal cheating a word...lol..where is the value of education over sports...some of these so called  parents..are allowing their children to be pimped...
[/quote]

When PNG played HCYA i actually had the privilege to speak with one of the teachers/instructors for the HCYA boys. I sort of made a remark referring to the possibility of the kids getting to practice 24/7 without knowing who was around me! We then had a very great conversation about their program. She explained that they are very much so education based and basketball is secondary if that. She said that they only have two practices a week for only two hours each. She said that they would work on shooting and other skills on their own. The practices involved team strategy. She made if VERY clear that basketball is not even close to first in their program.

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1352790" timestamp="1355108917"]
[quote author=TopFlight link=topic=107286.msg1352726#msg1352726 date=1355099397]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107286.msg1352618#msg1352618 date=1355091183]
[/quote]

[/quote]

When PNG played HCYA i actually had the privilege to speak with one of the teachers/instructors for the HCYA boys. I sort of made a remark referring to the possibility of the kids getting to practice 24/7 without knowing who was around me! We then had a very great conversation about their program. She explained that they are very much so education based and basketball is secondary if that. She said that they only have two practices a week for only two hours each. She said that they would work on shooting and other skills on their own. The practices involved team strategy. She made if VERY clear that basketball is not even close to first in their program.
[/quote]

You may want to interview the basketball coach and see how closely his story parallels this teacher's story.  I find the teacher's explanation a bit "Hole-y."

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1352795" timestamp="1355110619"]
[quote author=PinoNDN link=topic=107286.msg1352790#msg1352790 date=1355108917]
[quote author=TopFlight link=topic=107286.msg1352726#msg1352726 date=1355099397]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You may want to interview the basketball coach and see how closely his story parallels this teacher's story.  I find the teacher's explanation a bit "Hole-y."
[/quote]

Nope, she was dead on. Spoke with the coach myself.

Most these players are AAU players. They get plenty of practice on their own.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1352798" timestamp="1355110724"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=107286.msg1352795#msg1352795 date=1355110619]
[quote author=PinoNDN link=topic=107286.msg1352790#msg1352790 date=1355108917]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope, she was dead on. Spoke with the coach myself.

Most these players are AAU players. They get plenty of practice on their own.
[/quote]

There you go - it is what it "appears to be."

[quote name="whsalum" post="1352786" timestamp="1355108091"]
I know the scoring didn't have anything to do with coaching, Travis does a great job. I know HYCA is a good club with a sensational recruit but 27 points isn't gonna win ya many.It just seems to me like the area big schools struggle to put points on the board.
[/quote] I've seem small schools struggle to put points on the board this year.  Now that I think about it, that was a memorial's lowest point total thus far..  Every team has it's off games, even your Silsbee's and your H-J's.  So, your comment still remains a head scratcher to me.  Teams, small or big struggle to score points sometimes.  That's all I'm saying.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83