Hull-Daisetta Offense Next Season.

Will Coach Finney make a change at QB, in order to throw Mosley the ball?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will Coach Finney make a change at QB, in order to throw Mosley the ball?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Mosley moves to QB!

Coach confirmed we are staying with the slot t offense next season. Cade Huckaby will be a junior next season, good arm strength, throws a pretty deep ball. In my opinion Cade Huckaby moves to QB to just flat out give HD an elite passing game. Aaron Mosley is the real deal at WR, kid will be all-state. If we throw him the ball. Austin Edmondson as good as he is, can't throw the ball. Austin can move to RB and team well with this season's District MVP Darrell Lavalais. Next season if I was a defensive Coach facing HD, i would be terrified. Who do you stop? Huckaby to Mosley for a 50 yard bomb or Darrell Lavalais and Austin Edmondson on a 50 yard counter? Let's not forget Cade Huckaby's dad is the offensive coordinator and his older brother was MVP of the district, running the slot t offense at Orangefield. The arrival of Mosley forces HD to evolve it's offense. A balanced team is a dangerous team. With all this being said, Chris Herman just took a hand off up the middle, ran over 3 players and scored. Next season is gonna be lots of fun. GO BOBCATS!

Guest scatright
I have no idea what they will do, but it is a nice problem to have.  I loved the way Edmondson ran that offense from the QB position, but you are right, if Mosley is out there, we have to find a way to get him the ball.  It should be interesting to see what transpires.  I am definately looking forward to it.  Whatever decison they make, I feel very confident that with Finney and Huckaby making it, it will be the right one.

[quote name="scatright" post="1351971" timestamp="1355002614"]
BTW, are we 100% sure that Mosley will be here next season?  Any chance he goes back to Liberty?
[/quote]

Oh my!  Are you implying that some H-D star might jump ship and move over to another district?  How can that be?

Guest scatright
[quote name="usedtobe" post="1352001" timestamp="1355004162"]
[quote author=scatright link=topic=107284.msg1351971#msg1351971 date=1355002614]
BTW, are we 100% sure that Mosley will be here next season?  Any chance he goes back to Liberty?
[/quote]

Oh my!  Are you implying that some H-D star might jump ship and move over to another district?  How can that be?
[/quote]

Nope, not implying that at all, simply asking a question.  Seems that you would have better things to do than troll Big Diesel's threads.  Maybe you don't.

[quote name="scatright" post="1351971" timestamp="1355002614"]
[/quote]Yes 100% he is coming back and may have another move in from Liberty also. Dad is HD Alumnus, all of the family lives in Daisetta. Mosley loves HD and is killing it in basketball also.

Let's hear from you HD Bobcat fans. Your opinion is needed. Will Mosley be a key resource next season? Or just a decoy? IMO if we really want to go deep in playoffs and win state, Mosley has to have a QB with an arm. That would open up more running lanes for Darrell Lavalais. Don't get me wrong, Austin Edmondson did a good job this season and is a good running QB. No doubt Austin is one of the best athletes we have. I feel like Austin moving to wing back will be cold blooded. Huckaby could average 2-3 TD's a game throwing to Mosley.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1353439" timestamp="1355233516"]
Hey here's an idea..  why don't we let the coaching staff (probably of of the best staffs in the history of HD) decide what they're going to do with the offense next year.
[/quote]SMH, another smart butt. Look little buddy, this is just a discussion thread for HD Bobcat fans regarding our offense. People have a right to their opinions. Here's an idea! Take your butt to another thread and be a tard there.  ;) :-* And yes we do have some awesome Coaches. Finney is one of the best. If you were a real HD fan, you would have a fire and passion to voice your opinion. Check out a few threads on this site, the strong programs with real fans starting asking about their teams plans immediately.  ;D It is the responsibility of past Bobcats to demand our program is strong, year in and year out. Next season has a chance to be very special. Oh yeah, and feel free to get loud at the games and root for them HD Bobcats. GO BOBCATS!  ;)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1353463" timestamp="1355237538"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=107284.msg1353439#msg1353439 date=1355233516]
Hey here's an idea..  why don't we let the coaching staff (probably of of the best staffs in the history of HD) decide what they're going to do with the offense next year.
[/quote]SMH, another smart butt. Look little buddy, this is just a discussion thread for HD Bobcat fans regarding our offense. People have a right to their opinions. Here's an idea! Take your butt to another thread and be a tard there.  ;) :-* And yes we do have some awesome Coaches. Finney is one of the best. If you were a real HD fan, you would have a fire and passion to voice your opinion. Check out a few threads on this site, the strong programs with real fans starting asking about their teams plans immediately.  ;D It is the responsibility of past Bobcats to demand our program is strong, year in and year out. Next season has a chance to be very special. Oh yeah, and feel free to get loud at the games and root for them HD Bobcats. GO BOBCATS!  ;)
[/quote]

Little buddy?.. I'm not your buddy.  But I will shed some truth to your world.  HD just won the 1st district championship in several years.  Had a good chance to beat a very good team in the playoffs, which could have let to a meeting with Mart 3rd round.  Most of there team is back.  They just got real good at the current offense.  HD's OC is a slot t guy (not much throwing in a slot t).  They will not make a complete change for 1 kid that may or may not still be there next year.  I know that your vast knowledge of football overwhelms most of us on this board/state/country/world, but there will not be a change. 

[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=107284.msg1352203#msg1352203 date=1355015331]
Does anyone not understand the poll question above? Pretty clear cut IMO. Will Coach Finney utilize Mosley with a QB change?

I hear where your coming from HD 55, But i think the Offense proved they could compete. I know this is an offensive thread. But it's the defense that I have concerns. Yes we know Edmondson's arm is a little weak. Is this something that can be improved during the off season. I'm afraid not. I do feel he can be just as big an asset in the backfield and believe the change will go tho Hulk.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1353502" timestamp="1355242006"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=107284.msg1353463#msg1353463 date=1355237538]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=107284.msg1353439#msg1353439 date=1355233516]
[/quote]

Little buddy?.. I'm not your buddy.  But I will shed some truth to your world.  HD just won the 1st district championship in several years.  Had a good chance to beat a very good team in the playoffs, which could have let to a meeting with Mart 3rd round.  Most of there team is back.  They just got real good at the current offense.  HD's OC is a slot t guy (not much throwing in a slot t).  They will not make a complete change for 1 kid that may or may not still be there next year.  I know that your vast knowledge of football overwhelms most of us on this board/state/country/world, but there will not be a change.
[/quote]

WOW.. Ok.. The Slot T is designed to get those tough yards each play. The passing games comes when the safety and linebackers start cheating up. Then you get popped with the pass. Any QB with some talent can run the offense and hand the ball. So why wouldn't you have the best Arm for the times you do pass.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1353502" timestamp="1355242006"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=107284.msg1353463#msg1353463 date=1355237538]
[/quote]

[/quote]I guess you failed to read my first post on this thread? Because nobody could be that slow. I have never said anything about changing the offense on this thread. I simply said Cade Huckaby the OC's son, has a good arm and knows the slot t offense. Why is that you ask? Because his dad is the OC and his brother was MVP at Orangefield running the slot t offense. If a team can dominate running the slot t like we did this season and still have the ability to pass the ball on play action. That team would go deep in the playoffs. I really think you misunderstood my question. I agree with you on our Coaches and offense being very good. I just don't want this special team we have coming back to fall short. Also, Mosley is coming back and one of his teammates may be joining him. And yes, when elite players join your program, your program should evolve. GO BOBCATS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86