West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers Game Thread/Navasota wins 38-7!

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1352828" timestamp="1355121545"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=107262.msg1352695#msg1352695 date=1355095705]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107262.msg1352566#msg1352566 date=1355084423]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=107262.msg1352342#msg1352342 date=1355027771]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107262.msg1352204#msg1352204 date=1355015653]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=107262.msg1352201#msg1352201 date=1355015075]
Hey we got beat by an outstanding team last night. I think the only team that can beat Navasota would be themselves. I don't think we played smart Mustang football like we HAD to. We will reload like we have done time and time again. We will be back. We have a good core group that will be back and should have an outstanding freshman team. See if we can't beat that door down next year.
[glow=red,2,300][/glow]
As far as choking, no we didn't. Just ran into a better team. We are still an elite team and elite program. AS far as our QB, Jimmy Salter was not the problem, he has played outstanding the past three years. AS far as our offensive coordinator, he did what he thought was the best way to win. It just didn't work out. Now for those commenting about number 14 he is an outstanding young man and SMU is going to be getting a great ballplayer. He is not a cheap shot artist.
[/quote]Elite teams/programs don't get blewout in the third round of the playoffs especially with the number one defense in the state...i guess you can say that #1 defense was very misleading huh? Cause I definitely didn't see a good defense out there not once last night...and if you don't call last night a choke then what do you call it?
[/quote]

I call it getting beat by a better team. If memory serves me right i think.lamarque lost to these guys too, you calling lamarque not an elite program..seems to me like they did some damage to ozen in more ways than one last year. You want to run our program down, bet you would love to play on a winner instead of Ozen. Come on admit it your envious. Even if i agreed that we choked (which i don't) the only ones that CAN choke would be teams good enough to get there. So far Ozen isn't even good enough to be ABLE to choke.
[/quote]Its considered a choke when you have a defense who pitches 9 shutouts in a season and only gives up 42 points all year when playing no one then when faced against a formidable opponent nearly gets shuts out and almost gives up their season total in one game thats a choke in my book buddy
[/quote]

When Ozen gets a winning tradition then you will have a book, until then you have a envious opinion. Let me know next time Ozen makes it into the elite 8 two years in a row. I may be dead from old age. Do ya'll really have a 46-65 all time record?
[/quote]Its just facts stop bring up Ozen you never see me on here saying how great Ozen is in football unlike WOS fans i'm realistic
[/quote]

Wonder why all this envious putting down of WOS is coming from. Nederland lost in the same round we did and nothing from you about them. Did they choke as well? Or did Ozen simply choke against them.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think either team choke. they both just ran into better teams.  All I am saying is if Coldspring and WOS switched sides of the bracket WOS would have lost in the second round like Coldspring and Coldspring would have lost in the 4th round like WOS.

Region 3 belonged to the Rattlers this year... the good thing is with 4 teams entering playoffs you wont have to play the Rattlers anymore.

[quote name="hawgtuff" post="1352908" timestamp="1355155978"]
I dont think either team choke. they both just ran into better teams.  All I am saying is if Coldspring and WOS switched sides of the bracket WOS would have lost in the second round like Coldspring and Coldspring would have lost in the 4th round like WOS.

Region 3 belonged to the Rattlers this year... the good thing is with 4 teams entering playoffs you wont have to play the Rattlers anymore.
[/quote]

I agree with running into better teams.

The INTs can be partly blamed on th fact that WOS was playing catch up from the very beginning of the game, which is ufamiliar territory for them. Which in turn resulted in WOS getting out of their routine of fairly simple grind it out football. Instead of running the ball straight at the D and mixing in short quick passing routes or swing passes to keep the chains moving like they normally did all year they started going for the homerun ball and airing it out which was not something Salter had to do a whole lot all year. Just because you are a QB doesnt mean you can sling the ball 45 yards on a rope especially when it's in your standard play style. NOT SAYING that is the only reason they lost and it was Salter's fault, IMO he played one helluva game and gave it his all!!!!!! Seemed WoS was dropping their LB s into coverage the majority of the game and their pass rush was almost non existent with both DE's being double teamed almost constantly.

Basically Navasota struck first and forced WOS out of their normal play style from the very first series of downs. WoS moved the ball fairly well when they were playing small ball and the drives usually didn't end until they tried to throw the long ball which was typically picked due to the closing speed of the Navasota DBs, to the HIGHLY thrown, almost hail mary style passes that were not typical of normal WOS playstyle!!!     

i guess la marque was the better competition for Navasota after all... and we played absolutely horrible... i think it was about 10 penalties and 2 ejected played... still managed to put 20 and hold Navasota to their season lowest. Had we played a much cleaner game , the score would have been a lot closer. Good luck to Navasota , looks like you'll win it all this season. And WOS you are still a great team, congratulations on a good season.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1353434" timestamp="1355230772"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=107262.msg1351198#msg1351198 date=1354929908]
Penalties and ints are gonna kill us! He needs to settle down!
[/quote]

And they call us undisciplined (la marque) ... Looks like WOS was having a rough night as well. Just saying we're not the only ones.
[/quote]
Great post all programs have to kids that play with. great emotion and its hard for them to contol it when they lose

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty