NEDERLAND VS. PEARLAND DAWSON BROADCAST/Nederland wins 22-19!!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow unbelievable! So many thoughts but I'll start with 5th and 7.... To me, either Ned should have been able to decline the penalty OR accept it with a ten second runoff which would've ended the game. Is there no runoff rule in hs??? If not, that's a load of crap! Any team can just sacrifice 5 yards for basically a free time out if they have none.. If the clock is ticking, just commit a false start and the clock stops, giving you enough time to get your field goal team on the field.. I think something major was blown tonight with that. For sure, the field goal was blown.. I can't believe not one of the officials were watching the game clock. A full second ran off after the clock hit 0:00. Nederland nearly got screwed bad tonight and I am just glad it didn't turn out that way. Great job Dogs... I think you just made some more believers in that defense.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1346274" timestamp="1354340675"]
Wow unbelievable! So many thoughts but I'll start with 5th and 7.... To me, either Ned should have been able to decline the penalty OR accept it with a[b] ten second runoff which would've ended the game. Is there no runoff rule in hs???[/b] If not, that's a load of crap! Any team can just sacrifice 5 yards for basically a free time out if they have none.. If the clock is ticking, just commit a false start and the clock stops, giving you enough time to get your field goal team on the field.. I think something major was blown tonight with that. For sure, the field goal was blown.. I can't believe not one of the officials were watching the game clock. A full second ran off after the clock hit 0:00. Nederland nearly got screwed bad tonight and I am just glad it didn't turn out that way. Great job Dogs... I think you just made some more believers in that defense.
[/quote]

Maybe we can get a ref on here to answer this question.  I know there is in the NFL, but not sure about college. 

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1346274" timestamp="1354340675"]
Wow unbelievable! So many thoughts but I'll start with 5th and 7.... To me, either Ned should have been able to decline the penalty OR accept it with a ten second runoff which would've ended the game. Is there no runoff rule in hs??? If not, that's a load of crap! Any team can just sacrifice 5 yards for basically a free time out if they have none.. If the clock is ticking, just commit a false start and the clock stops, giving you enough time to get your field goal team on the field.. I think something major was blown tonight with that. For sure, the field goal was blown.. I can't believe not one of the officials were watching the game clock. A full second ran off after the clock hit 0:00. Nederland nearly got screwed bad tonight and I am just glad it didn't turn out that way. Great job Dogs... I think you just made some more believers in that defense.
[/quote]

someone on another thread posted that he heard the un"officiating" crew tonight was at least in part made up of some of the scab refs tht did NFL games during the strike..Doesn't surprise me at all!!  They musta forgot their seeing eye dogs for tonight's game...

Guest ECBucFan
AWESOME GAME, BIG NED!!! As a former resident of Ned (27th St.!), I could not be more proud of the Dogs. PERSEVERANCE and HEART won that game. Thrilling, exhausting, and amazing game.  ;D ;D ;D Oh so glad I went!  ;D ;D ;D     

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1346276" timestamp="1354340959"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=106942.msg1346274#msg1346274 date=1354340675]
Wow unbelievable! So many thoughts but I'll start with 5th and 7.... To me, either Ned should have been able to decline the penalty OR accept it with a[b] ten second runoff which would've ended the game. Is there no runoff rule in hs???[/b] If not, that's a load of crap! Any team can just sacrifice 5 yards for basically a free time out if they have none.. If the clock is ticking, just commit a false start and the clock stops, giving you enough time to get your field goal team on the field.. I think something major was blown tonight with that. For sure, the field goal was blown.. I can't believe not one of the officials were watching the game clock. A full second ran off after the clock hit 0:00. Nederland nearly got screwed bad tonight and I am just glad it didn't turn out that way. Great job Dogs... I think you just made some more believers in that defense.
[/quote]

Maybe we can get a ref on here to answer this question.  I know there is in the NFL, but not sure about college.
[/quote]

was it because it was a dead ball foul ??

[quote name="YankeeDawg" post="1346285" timestamp="1354341381"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=106942.msg1346276#msg1346276 date=1354340959]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A false start is a dead ball foul.  Illegal motion is a declinable penalty.  I wasn't there and was listening, but according to the announcers Dawson had people running everywhere and weren't set which would be illegal motion.  I'm not sure what happened just what the announcers said

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1346291" timestamp="1354341682"]
[quote author=YankeeDawg link=topic=106942.msg1346285#msg1346285 date=1354341381]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=106942.msg1346276#msg1346276 date=1354340959]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A false start is a dead ball foul.  Illegal motion is a declinable penalty.  I wasn't there and was listening, but according to the announcers Dawson had people running everywhere and weren't set which would be illegal motion.  I'm not sure what happened just what the announcers said
[/quote]

What I saw was illegal motion. At any rate guys, you proved to be a better team in OT, move on and win state!

All I know is that our Dogs defensively crushed the #1 team in texas for over 3 qtrs. If not for a busted coverage and some absolutely inexcusable officiating this could have been a shutout and it also could have easily turned out ugly. Way to go team for another magical and totally unforgettable night of bulldog football. You earned this win,, enjoy it we will never EVER forget this night. 

3 big time highlights for me were
Washingtons crushing tackle of #14.
Hopkins stiff arm
Barrows indescribably exciting catch

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1346291" timestamp="1354341682"]
[quote author=YankeeDawg link=topic=106942.msg1346285#msg1346285 date=1354341381]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that the same as an illegal shift??  somewhere I read that an illegal shift (not being set for 1 second) is a DBF.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1346140" timestamp="1354335261"]
[size=14pt][b]Nederland 22, Pearland Dawson 19 - Final[/b][/size]  <---Only thing that matters  ;D

Boxscore
Friday November 30, 2012 7:00pm

1            2          3        4      OT        Total
Dawson          0            0          6        10      3            19
Nederland      0            13          3        0      6            22

Scoring summary
NED -- Colton Kimler 24-yard pass from Carson Raines (Tanner Noel kick), 10:50, 2nd.
NED -- Kendrick Hopkins 32-yard run (kick failed), 2:20, 2nd.
NED -- Tanner Noel 41-yard field goal, 1:56, 3rd.
DAW -- Tony Upchurch 75-yard pass from Josh Sharp (pass failed), 0:00, 3rd.
DAW -- Josh Sharp 1-yard run (Jacob Hood kick), 4:09, 4th.
DAW -- Jacob Hood 32-yard field goal, 0:00, 4th.
DAW -- Jacob Hood 28-yard field goal, OT.
NED -- Seth Barrow [b]25-yard pass from Colton Kimler[/b], OT.

Team Stats
                                Dawson                        Nederland
Total yards                    359                              200
First downs                    20                                13
Rushes/Yds                  55/184                          25/92
Average rush                  3.35                            3.68
Comp/Atts                    9/17/0                          8/19/0
Pass yards                    175                              108
Comp pct                    52.94                            42.11
Fumbles/Lost                4/1                                0/0
Penalties-yards            13-115                            5-50
[/quote]

Really?

Illegal shift was the official call by the refs. Which, if it is a dead ball foul against the offense with no timeouts, it should force a ten second runoff. If this is not a HS rule, they need to seriously look into this asap.. That's crazy an makes no sense. A very unfair rule if the refs were right..

First time for me to see Nederland this year. I don't think I have ever seen so many good football players on one team. The most balanced overall high school team I have seen in a long time. #9 was outstanding on both sides of the ball, D line everything they have been reported to be. QB is probably way better than he gets credit for. Hopkins is tough. Congratulations Dogs on one of the greatest wins I have seen in a long time. Great character in every aspect of the game.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1346249" timestamp="1354339587"]
A couple of Bulldog fans watching the game.  Andre is even sporting the black and gold.  ;D
[/quote]

Johnson was there. However, Schaub was not. Per his Twitter account:

[quote]
“@jvidrine_7: Can @MSchaub8 confirm he is at the Nederland vs. Dawson game #confirmtweet ??” Not there. Date night with the Mrs
[/quote]

https://twitter.com/MSchaub8

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12