NEDERLAND VS. PEARLAND DAWSON BROADCAST/Nederland wins 22-19!!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="baddog" post="1347575" timestamp="1354461804"]
[quote author=magnus1on1 link=topic=106942.msg1347566#msg1347566 date=1354461177]
Things I see watching the Video..

One.. it seems Dawson QB spiked the ball before his guys were set so a 5 yd penatly and no 10 sec rule applied. BUT THEY CALLED AN ILLEGAL SHIFT? I don't see it..? Maybe the far end reciever? But that would be illegal motion.. right? And that's only if they run toward the line of scrimmage.. Right? I know it's pretty much the same call but just don't see it.

Two.. 5. Any other foul committed with the intent of stopping the clock.
The offended team may accept the yardage penalty and decline the 10-second subtraction. If the yardage
penalty is declined the 10-second subtraction is declined by rule.

So the offended team can accept or decline the 10-second rule..

Interesting..

If Nederland had a choice I'm sure they would have taken the 10 sec with the foul.. Or is it up to the zebras.? LOL hummm.  ::)
[/quote]

Ten second runoff, game over. Decline the penalty, Ned ball on downs, take a knee.....game over. No way on earth they should kick a FG to tie.
[/quote]

I have seen some pretty bad calls and this one will no doubt be at the top..

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Razor" post="1347583" timestamp="1354462323"]
exactly...I would have begun a 10 year puke fest if that would have cost us that game.
[/quote]

I would have joined that fest.

Bottom line is this, you can't penalize yourself into a timeout. Refs should have picked up their flag and waived it off........game over!!!!

Even though we won, will this go before the UIL? If they are not there to confront situations like this, what are they there for.....other than to make tons of money?

[quote name="baddog" post="1347590" timestamp="1354462905"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=106942.msg1347583#msg1347583 date=1354462323]
exactly...I would have begun a 10 year puke fest if that would have cost us that game.
[/quote]

I would have joined that fest.

Bottom line is this, you can't penalize yourself into a timeout. Refs should have picked up their flag and waived it off........game over!!!!

Even though we won, will this go before the UIL? If they are not there to confront situations like this, what are they there for.....other than to make tons of money?

[/quote]

I'm glad Ned didn't get screwed because they earned that win... TWICE.. lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123