Barbers Hill vs Elgin Predictions

Mr. Blitz

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More stats to look at  I can’t find any video on these guys 

[b]Passing[/b]
BH – 42 completions on 79 attempts for a 53% completion rate at 726 yards.

Elgin – 93 completions on 195 attempts for a 47% completion rate at 1,472 yards.

[b]Rushing[/b]
BH – 440 carries for 3, 293 yards at 7.48 YPC.

Elgin – 421 carries for 2,594 yards at 6.16 YPC.

[b]Total Yards[/b]
BH – 4019

Elgin – 4066

It’s hard to tell just how good the wildcats are. The bottom of their district is even worse than ours, so there are many blow outs of teams scoring 70+ on the weaker teams in district. When the cats did play a better team in district they didn’t put up many points even getting blow out by the top two in district. The BH D will keep the Cats in check, but the offense will have to get the passing game working early to keep the Cats honest. Against Livingston you could tell that Denny was off and wasn’t much of a factor in the game. He will have to come out firing on all cylinders to win this game because I don’t think Elgin will be turning the ball over as much as Livingston did. With all that said I think the Eagles win this one.

BH 27
Elgin 13

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1336936" timestamp="1353337939"]

[b]Passing[/b]

Elgin – 93 completions on 195 attempts for a 47% completion rate at 1,472 yards.

[b]Rushing[/b]

[b]Total Yards[/b]
BH – 4019

Elgin – 4066

It’s hard to tell just how good the wildcats are. [b]The bottom of their district is even worse than ours[/b], so there are many blow outs of teams scoring 70+ on the weaker teams in district. When the cats did play a better team in district they didn’t put up many points even getting blow out by the top two in district. The BH D will keep the Cats in check, but the offense will have to get the passing game working early to keep the Cats honest. Against Livingston you could tell that Denny was off and wasn’t much of a factor in the game. He will have to come out firing on all cylinders to win this game because I don’t think Elgin will be turning the ball over as much as Livingston did. With all that said I think the Eagles win this one.

BH 27
Elgin 13
[/quote]Game on for the celler dwellars.  New Caney vs. Bastrop Cedar Creek and Porter vs. Georgetown East View.  Let's settle this on the field.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1336936" timestamp="1353337939"]

[b]Passing[/b]

[b]Rushing[/b]

[b]Total Yards[/b]
BH – 4019

Elgin – 4066

It’s hard to tell just how good the wildcats are. The bottom of their district is even worse than ours, so there are many blow outs of teams scoring 70+ on the weaker teams in district. When the cats did play a better team in district they didn’t put up many points even getting blow out by the top two in district. The BH D will keep the Cats in check, but the offense will have to get the passing game working early to keep the Cats honest. Against Livingston you could tell that Denny was off and wasn’t much of a factor in the game. He will have to come out firing on all cylinders to win this game because I don’t think Elgin will be turning the ball over as much as Livingston did. With all that said I think the Eagles win this one.

BH 27
Elgin 13
[/quote]Where is this game being played , I might go and check it out since my team is home! ;D ;D

Our defense is peaking at the right time. We have yet to beat a team with a really good spread offense. However, judging from the scores by the teams that have beaten them, I like our chances. Hopefull Coach Gage will finally put together a defensive scheme that can win and beat the likes of Ozen(last year), (Crosby and Summer Creek) this year.

BH    27
Elgin  14

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1336958" timestamp="1353339389"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106399.msg1336936#msg1336936 date=1353337939]

[b]Passing[/b]

[b]Rushing[/b]

[b]Total Yards[/b]
BH – 4019

Elgin – 4066

BH 27
Elgin 13
[/quote]Where is this game being played , I might go and check it out since my team is home! ;D ;D
[/quote]

Woodforest stadium (The Woodlands) 1:30 Saturday.

This D is super hitting on all cylinders. What a bull rush from our big guys on the line. Then when the QB is on the run trying to throw or bust loose, it just ainthappening for them. Eveeryone said that we havent seen an athlete like Collins. He was one frustrated kid. I think we will take it and D will continue holding strong. It's a completely different D than when we started.
BH 28
Elgin 3

Well a Brenham Coach told me we are much better than Elgin.  Brenham Fan has orderd 4 BH shirts and a BH G-String.  I have a friend who's son has played this Elgine team for 4 years, so come tomorrow I'll have yet another DEAD ON [b][u]ACCURATE[/u][/b] ;) prediction, without that "Sonic Blizzard"........ ;D ;D

Elgin presents a different problem, going by stats Elgin does throw the ball very effectively and can run the ball really well. I am certain we can slow down their run game and cause some problems for the QB passing.
But can we score enough to beat them? I wish I could find some film on them to get a better feel for this game.

I'll take the Eagles  in a slugfest.

[quote name="Laurie75" post="1337115" timestamp="1353350155"]
I'm taking BH in this one.  Can't wait to go watch it Saturday!  Go Eagles!
[/quote]I'm pulling for you guys, I think they will be the only ones to advance out of Ned, Crosby, SC is iffy from what I seen on the Georgetown Hightlights ! JMO, before the hate starts to roll in!  ;D ;D

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1337123" timestamp="1353350341"]
[quote author=Laurie75 link=topic=106399.msg1337115#msg1337115 date=1353350155]
[/quote]I'm pulling for you guys, I think they will be the only ones to advance out of Ned, Crosby, SC is iffy from what I seen on the Georgetown Hightlights ! JMO, before the hate starts to roll in!  ;D ;D
[/quote]

We went to the Dayton game Saturday.  Debated on watching them or Crosby.  Figured it would be the better game but sounds like Crosby's game got pretty exciting!

[quote name="Laurie75" post="1337130" timestamp="1353350530"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106399.msg1337123#msg1337123 date=1353350341]
[/quote]

We went to the Dayton game Saturday.  Debated on watching them or Crosby.  Figured it would be the better game but sounds like Crosby's game got pretty exciting!
[/quote]I was there with a few buds and half of my sons youth team, I was pretty disappointed ! ;)

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1337133" timestamp="1353350662"]
[quote author=Laurie75 link=topic=106399.msg1337130#msg1337130 date=1353350530]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106399.msg1337123#msg1337123 date=1353350341]
[/quote]

[/quote]I was there with a few buds and half of my sons youth team, I was pretty disappointed ! ;)
[/quote]

Scanned the crowd for ya, but didn't see you.  We walked to the Nederland side about half way through the 4th qtr.  Ol' pregnant girl here was getting hot sitting on that side in the sun!

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1337112" timestamp="1353350133"]
http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/vista-ridge-rangers-vs-elgin-wildcats-gupton-stadi-301127/highlights

Elgin lost to Vista ridge during this game
[/quote]

Thanks for the clips at least now we know what we are looking at. I didn't watch the whole thing, but they love the draw play and don't throw as much as i thought. Although this was early in the season ,so I'm sure they have balanced that attack out.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1337165" timestamp="1353351937"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106399.msg1337112#msg1337112 date=1353350133]
http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/vista-ridge-rangers-vs-elgin-wildcats-gupton-stadi-301127/highlights

Elgin lost to Vista ridge during this game
[/quote]

Thanks for the clips at least now we know what we are looking at. I didn't watch the whole thing, but they love the draw play and don't throw as much as i thought. Although this was early in the season ,so I'm sure they have balanced that attack out.
[/quote]No problem , I think your guys can pull this off!

[quote name="cougar14" post="1336911" timestamp="1353333479"]
This is the kind of team that gives BH trouble. They spread you out and try to get it to their speedy playmakers in space. I know this year's Brenham's team was over rated because of their usual 9-1 record but Elgin still held them to 271 yards, put up over 500 and forced 5 turnovers. Elgin looks like the same kind of team as Crosby so we'll get our chance to see if the BH d can deal with the spread rushing attack now.
[/quote]

We only averaged 30 more than 271 to start with.  Also, how were we "overrated," when we wern't ranked or anything the whole year.  It's not being "overrated" that cost us.  It's spotting them 21 points in the the first 4 mins and losing by 14. (Fake punt TD, Wildcat fumble recovery inside the Cub 30, punt return for TD)  We just didn't play well....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86