WS/Mart: Who you got?

WS/Mart: who gets it?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. WS/Mart: who gets it?

• WS
    • Mart

West Sabine is a good team and at one point during the season, I think they could have beat Mart..... just not now. Mart is finally healthy and they will be a load for anyone in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if Lacy helps keep it close for a while. My prediction:

Mart Panthers - 42

West Sabine Tigers - 26

I honestly think we see a completely different team than Thursday night on center.  That was the worst I have seen west Sabine all season.  I look for a much better effort from the tigers, otherwise it is going to be a very long night.  Mart is going to score, just a matter of can west Sabine keep up with them. 

I am tired of hearing all of this crap about Mart having a winning tradition.  These are different kids from the good teams in the past.  They may have a winning attitude, but if they do not turn it into points they will not be going far.  West Sabine needs to go out and handle their business on defense.  Hit em hard, and dont give em a inch!

Mart has not had much trouble turning anything into points.  West Sabine is a good football team as is Alto and San Augustine.  On any given night the one that plays the best will win.  Tradition or no tradition it will all be decided on the field and not on these boards so I would not let anyones talk irritate you so.  ;D  I have seen all the teams play in region 3 with the exception of HD.  Will see them this friday p.m..  Any of the others have a shot on any given day. 

tram, haven't seen you on here in a while. Is Mart legit this year? I know they had some defensive and health issues early in the year, but seems like they're rolling now and I know Mart always has a shot come playoff time. BigTank says that their backfield is lights out with a Soph/Fresh combo. How do they compare to Alto, SA, and WS in your opinion?

T+R+A+M flipped = M A R T  ;)

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1338033" timestamp="1353439968"]
I am tired of hearing all of this crap about Mart having a winning tradition.  These are different kids from the good teams in the past.  They may have a winning attitude, but if they do not turn it into points they will not be going far.  West Sabine needs to go out and handle their business on defense.  Hit em hard, and dont give em a inch!
[/quote]

The Mart team this year is practically the same one that took the field last year. Reached the semi's last year...not bad for a rebuilding year following a state championship.

It's so annoying when a team has a little success and thinks they have established themselves.  When you get multiple state championships, 700+ all times then hate on others.

I love how San Augustine fans are so concerned with this game!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317

• He actually had a pretty solid year for a sophomore starting in that district. I can assure you, it hasn't hurt his recruiting at all and that will only improve with the move back to the Wack. 
    • If Crumedy eventually has bigger aspirations than being in Jasper, every aspect of the program will be looked at when someone interviews him for any job. He knows that. The mindset needs to be that any time someone wears a Jasper uniform, that they're doing everything they possibly can to win. It matters.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up It's a poll but I could definitely see this as realistic.   From the article: Catholics in the United States have swung dramatically against President Biden in recent years, now boasting a significant statistical break towards his GOP challenger. Pew Research released on Apr. 30 a report exploring support for presidential candidates sorted by religious affiliation. The poll found that 55% of Catholics support or lean towards supporting former President Donald Trump in a head-to-head against Biden. Conversely, only 45% of Catholics support Biden in the same one-on-one pairing. The 12% margin of support in favor of Trump marks a significant shift from 2020, when he held an extremely narrow lead — 50% to 49%. Biden currently leads among Hispanic Catholics with a narrow 49%-47% split, but the close contest marks a major shift rightward for the demographic. In 2020, a similar poll from Pew Research found Hispanic Catholics preferred Biden to Trump with a staggering 67%-26% split.
    • You said a lot there. Truthfully, that is the root of the issue. Who cares what a kid thinks about how coaches are running a program? Kids play, coaches coach. For some reason, parents have this backward in a lot of places and its wreaking havoc. 
    • He's already stated he's a huge Clinton fan.
  • Topics