Nederland 9-1 vs Dayton 9-1 Bi-District who you got?

who wins  

308 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Nederland
    • Dayton

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point im picking dayton just because its my team. If I didnt live in dayton and support this team theres no way I could pick them to beat ned. Alot stuff has been happening this year that leads me to believe some of the kids on this team have no respect for our coaches and are above the team. Dayton has an excellent group of sophmores and freshman that need good leadership. I think dayton started 6 sophmores on offense last night and I was good with that. Its probably to late for this year but our coaches need to let these kids know they are not entitled to anything you have to earn it. Im still steaming about what transpired last night and im not talking about the sc beat down dayton received.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1326373" timestamp="1352566672"]
At this point im picking dayton just because its my team. If I didnt live in dayton and support this team theres no way I could pick them to beat ned. Alot stuff has been happening this year that leads me to believe some of the kids on this team have no respect for our coaches and are above the team. Dayton has an excellent group of sophmores and freshman that need good leadership. I think dayton started 6 sophmores on offense last night and I was good with that. Its probably to late for this year but our coaches [b]need to let these kids know they are not entitled to anything you have to earn it[/b]. Im still steaming about what transpired last night and im not talking about the sc beat down dayton received.
[/quote]Unfortunately, our society has become an entitlement nation. It starts from above, and it trickles down to the kids. Not from Dayton, So I do not know the situation, but I am speaking for kids everywhere. I think it started when "everyone gets a ribbon "but that is a whole other topic isn't it? However, it does coincide with what you are saying.

If the offense hasn't made any improvement in 10 weeks it ain't gonna happen in 6 days. Hate to go against my Broncos but I just don't see them winning this one. One and done for the Bronx this year.

Ned 35
Dayton 9

It's even worse than that though. The Stewart era is officially over. You had a little residual effect last year but now and next year that will all fade away. The balance of power will shift in 194A. SC again next year, Crosby and BH after that. This is not dejection after 1 beatdown by a good team. This is what I have seen slowly brewing for 2 years now. Most Dayton fans won't admit it but they see it too. Fun while it lasted though! ;D

[quote name="FootballFreek!" post="1326421" timestamp="1352569242"]
If the offense hasn't made any improvement in 10 weeks it ain't gonna happen in 6 days. Hate to go against my Broncos but I just don't see them winning this one. One and done for the Bronx this year.

Ned 35
Dayton 9

It's even worse than that though. The Stewart era is officially over. You had a little residual effect last year but now and next year that will all fade away. The balance of power will shift in 194A. SC again next year, Crosby and BH after that. This is not dejection after 1 beatdown by a good team. This is what I have seen slowly brewing for 2 years now. Most Dayton fans won't admit it but they see it too. Fun while it lasted though! ;D
[/quote]not willing to go that far yet. Stewart had a 5-6 year in 04 and was one and done that year and 05. I just think discipline has went way down and play calling is horrible. Talent in sophmore and freshman class is excellent I hope dayton doesnt screw it up.

Maybe Dayton has been too close to BH cuz now they're starting to sound like us.  Last week, you guys were All-World" beaters and now, troubles in the ranks.  Maybe Joel isn't the Stewart reincarnation, talent but no leadership, players above everybody else?  Guys, this is the same team that y'all felt were basically untouchable 7 days ago.  I agree, lighten up on team and staff....Dayton does have a good team, it just got a little reality check from a really talented team in SC!!

[quote name="FootballFreek!" post="1326421" timestamp="1352569242"]

Ned 35
Dayton 9

It's even worse than that though. [b]The Stewart era is officially over. You had a little residual effect last year but now and next year that will all fade away.[/b] The balance of power will shift in 194A. SC again next year, Crosby and BH after that. This is not dejection after 1 beatdown by a good team. This is what I have seen slowly brewing for 2 years now. Most Dayton fans won't admit it but they see it too. Fun while it lasted though! ;D
[/quote]My Dayton insider basically told me the same thing before the season. I never posted it because I knew where it would lead. A prime example of your statement is your domination of Crosby over the last decade and a half, two schools with similar talent and a lopsided record. Purely coaching, Dayton had one of the best to ever wear a headset, now they have a void to fill. I just wonder if Crosby had never let Stewart go if we would have had the same success and maybe a title?

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1326442" timestamp="1352569831"]
[quote author=FootballFreek! link=topic=106064.msg1326421#msg1326421 date=1352569242]

Ned 35
Dayton 9

[/quote]not willing to go that far yet. Stewart had a 5-6 year in 04 and was one and done that year and 05. I just think discipline has went way down and [b]play calling is horrible[/b]. Talent in sophmore and freshman class is excellent I hope dayton doesnt screw it up.
[/quote]

Got to play what ya got & put them good position to make plays

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1326464" timestamp="1352571746"]
Maybe Dayton has been too close to BH cuz now they're starting to sound like us.  Last week, you guys were All-World" beaters and now, troubles in the ranks.  Maybe Joel isn't the Stewart reincarnation, talent but no leadership, players above everybody else?  Guys, this is the same team that y'all felt were basically [b]untouchable 7 days ago[/b].  I agree, lighten up on team and staff....Dayton does have a good team, it just got a little reality check from a really talented team in SC!!
[/quote]
You never heard this fan say that. Anybody who knows anything about high school football and saw Dayton at any point this year wouldn't have said that.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1326442" timestamp="1352569831"]
[quote author=FootballFreek! link=topic=106064.msg1326421#msg1326421 date=1352569242]

Ned 35
Dayton 9

[/quote]not willing to go that far yet. Stewart had a 5-6 year in 04 and was one and done that year and 05. [b]I just think discipline has went way down and play calling is horrible.[/b] Talent in sophmore and freshman class is excellent I hope dayton doesnt screw it up.
[/quote]
Exactly. Only time will tell. A team takes on the personality of the coaching staff. Liltex eluded to that personality last night.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1326476" timestamp="1352572597"]

Ned 35
Dayton 9

It's even worse than that though. [b]The Stewart era is officially over. You had a little residual effect last year but now and next year that will all fade away.[/b] The balance of power will shift in 194A. SC again next year, Crosby and BH after that. This is not dejection after 1 beatdown by a good team. This is what I have seen slowly brewing for 2 years now. Most Dayton fans won't admit it but they see it too. Fun while it lasted though! ;D
[/quote]My Dayton insider basically told me the same thing before the season. I never posted it because I knew where it would lead. A prime example of your statement is your domination of Crosby over the last decade and a half, two schools with similar talent and a lopsided record. Purely coaching, Dayton had one of the best to ever wear a headset, now they have a void to fill.[b] I just wonder if Crosby had never let Stewart go if we would have had the same success and maybe a title?[/b][/quote]
No doubt in my mind. Especially with Merka.

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1326464" timestamp="1352571746"]
Maybe Dayton has been too close to BH cuz now they're starting to sound like us.  Last week, you guys were All-World" beaters and now, troubles in the ranks.  Maybe Joel isn't the Stewart reincarnation, talent but no leadership, players above everybody else?  Guys, this is the same team that y'all felt were basically untouchable 7 days ago.  I agree, lighten up on team and staff....Dayton does have a good team, it just got a little reality check from a really talented team in SC!!
[/quote]was gcm that good last year. Yes sc is good but dayton made them look great. Alot of what people say is smack talk even if they know there team is struggling. If you wouldnt have known gcm and watched them play dayton you would have sworn they were state bound.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123