Nederland 9-1 vs Dayton 9-1 Bi-District who you got?

who wins  

308 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Nederland
    • Dayton

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1328523" timestamp="1352756486"]
I'm going to the Dayton vs Nederland game.  If Dayton plays Nederland close or beats them ...then you gotta consider that Nederland BEAT Vidor.  It really makes any hopes of a good game between Nederland & Summer Creek seem unlikely.  We already know what SC will do to Dayton if we see them again.  I'm really going to the game to see how strong Nederland is at this point in the season.
[/quote]if sc saw dayton again it would mean dayton beat ned and either angleton or dawson.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1328523" timestamp="1352756486"]
I'm going to the Dayton vs Nederland game.  If Dayton plays Nederland close or beats them ...then you gotta consider that Nederland BEAT Vidor.  It really makes any hopes of a good game between Nederland & Summer Creek seem unlikely.  We already know what SC will do to Dayton if we see them again.  I'm really going to the game to see how strong Nederland is at this point in the season.
[/quote]

If Vidor beats SC Friday Night, are you still going to the game?  Anyway, in sports A+B does not always equal C.  I know you know that.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1328070" timestamp="1352729797"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106064.msg1328033#msg1328033 date=1352725506]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=106064.msg1327999#msg1327999 date=1352720731]
Hate to bust the Nederland Bulldogs bubble, but Nederland is NO Summer Creek.  The Broncos will rebound and this will be a great game.
[/quote]
We may not be, but we are right up there with them.
[/quote]We played all three, and the one thing I can tell you is that Ned is no Summer Creek. Not even close. Ned is about equal with Dayton, Dawson is the only team with a shot to knock off Summer Creek. They beat you by a couple touchdowns in a bad game. I understand y'all use Ned and their defense as the bell cow but here are some closer numbers. Yes, I do know a win is a win but the numbers will eventually catch up with you. Ned: allowed 311 and outgained by GCM, allowed 298 and was outgained by Angleton, allowed 311 to Vidor and was outgained, allowed 291 to LCM and only had 5 more yards, allowed 273 to Port Neches. It's not like Ned's d is suffocating, and the only game their offense broke 400 yards is Lumberton. Even with Dayton's offense looking as bad as it has, I still think they scratch out enough points to beat Ned.
[/quote]
And half of those games we either had a defenesive or a special teams touchdown. We have like 8 pick 6's and a couple punts brought back. Most of the games we had our backups in there because we did not need our starters in anymore.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1328218" timestamp="1352740100"]
I say keep listening to Coug 14 --- NED only has Hopkins to worry about on O.
[/quote]
What about Kimler, big and physical. Barrow fast. Our fullbacks will shove it down your throat. Raines will run around you, then throw it down field. And Shaw.. Speed man, quick. Our o-line may not be big, but they are aggresive. Stamply played a little tightend. Washington was the TE last year and can possibly be it in the playoffs.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1327782" timestamp="1352686404"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=106064.msg1327777#msg1327777 date=1352686189]
Here is the deal, 19-4A's # 5 and #6 teams would make the playoffs in 20-4A.  Dayton is about to get their arses put in check, if not already done.  Nederland has already proven they can not play with Dayton this year.  The Broncos will come out more determined and focused than any other game they have played.  You have an emotional team with a few goobers on the team that needed a reality check.  THEY GOT IT.  If Dayton plays Chambers at QB, they lose.  If not, they win.  It's going to be a battle of who playes the better defense.  Dayton will win this game on special teams play. 
[/quote]
If you are basing your prediction on Defense and Special Teams and having Dayton win, you must not have seen Ned this year. Our defense is the real deal, and our ST is outstanding as well.
[/quote]

They were the "real deal" last year when we beat them and the "real deal" this year when Dayton spanked them like a french poodle.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1328588" timestamp="1352760378"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106064.msg1327782#msg1327782 date=1352686404]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=106064.msg1327777#msg1327777 date=1352686189]
Here is the deal, 19-4A's # 5 and #6 teams would make the playoffs in 20-4A.  Dayton is about to get their arses put in check, if not already done.  Nederland has already proven they can not play with Dayton this year.  The Broncos will come out more determined and focused than any other game they have played.  You have an emotional team with a few goobers on the team that needed a reality check.  THEY GOT IT.  If Dayton plays Chambers at QB, they lose.  If not, they win.  It's going to be a battle of who playes the better defense.  Dayton will win this game on special teams play. 
[/quote]
If you are basing your prediction on Defense and Special Teams and having Dayton win, you must not have seen Ned this year. Our defense is the real deal, and our ST is outstanding as well.
[/quote]

They were the "real deal" last year when we beat them and the "real deal" this year when Dayton spanked them like a french poodle.
[/quote]
This years team would blow out last years. That scrimmage we were still wondering who was going to play where. And we have improved alot since then. Dayton has gotten worse on the other hand. Just watch how Hopkins will shove it down your throat, and Shaw break off a end around or screen.

I love this. Dayton gets beat soundly by a good 5A team that will probably go to state and suddenly everyone in 4-A thinks they can take out the Broncos easily. I cant wait to prove some teams wrong. I do not believe any team from 20-4a has beaten Dayton in the past 7 years except for a fluke game in Lumberton and they still think they will beat us. Only time will tell but everyone finds a needle in a haystack occassionally like Barbers Hill last year and Crosby the year before.

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="1328627" timestamp="1352763677"]
I love this. Dayton gets beat soundly by a good 5A team that will probably go to state and suddenly everyone in 4-A thinks they can take out the Broncos easily. I cant wait to prove some teams wrong. I do not believe any team from 20-4a has beaten Dayton in the past 7 years except for a fluke game in Lumberton and they still think they will beat us. Only time will tell but everyone finds a needle in a haystack occassionally like Barbers Hill last year and Crosby the year before.
[/quote]
How cares about that. It is about the now, right now Nederland is better than Dayton. Dayton would finish third in out district this year.

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="1328640" timestamp="1352764550"]
Keep thinking that way and see what happens Saturday. You should kinow when you see that Horseshoe that you are beat............ 8)
[/quote]
You will be suprised by this Nederland team when they strap up and beat you down to wear you are barely walking.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1328674" timestamp="1352767564"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106064.msg1328641#msg1328641 date=1352764659]
just read somewhere Dayton is the Home team. uh oh!  :'(
[/quote]

No uh oh! Visitors side is home to us, we would think something was up if we were on the other side.
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="who-you-think" post="1328705" timestamp="1352769639"]
What happen last time nederland played dayton in the playoffs
[/quote]

ned won 42-14 right?

What happened on 06-07? Dayton 2-0 and outscored ned 98-7..... neither of those matter saturday... noone left from either of those teams still playing. [quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106064.msg1328643#msg1328643 date=1352764807]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=106064.msg1328640#msg1328640 date=1352764550]
Keep thinking that way and see what happens Saturday. You should kinow when you see that Horseshoe that you are beat............ 8)
[/quote]
You will be suprised by this Nederland team when they strap up and [b]beat you down to wear you are barely walking.[/b][/quote]

seriously?????  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder