Mount Enterprise vs. Evadale

boski

Both Mt Enterprise and Tenaha will be hard to beat next year, especially Tenaha. They started a lot of freshmen this year and will lose little to graduation. They played one of the most brutal 1A-DII non conference schedules in the state, and hung with them all. These were all 1A-D1 top 10 teams. They had a lot of injuries during this period and have been on cruse control trying to get everyone healthy for a playoff run.       

I have been rather quiet this year here in the forum, but I just have to sound off now

In my best HD 55 impression let me share some fact
Regardless of tonights outcome the Rebels will be making their 7 straight playoff appearance. In that time they have 5 district championships, one area championship and one regional semi-finalist (we lost to the eventual state champion, Fall City)

Evadale is a school with a population of 135 students, with about 75 young men from grades 9 through 12. 45 of those played football this year. They still had a JV team and traveled with 22 or 23 until district arrived.

I just think that a school that has dominated the SETX landscape for most of the past 7 years does not have to apologize for not being the state champion each and every year. The school or the coaches have never picked the district that they play in, thery have not choosen the region they have to work through the playoffs in, they did not make the enrollment cut offs to make them a small school. They have played 2A teams and good private school teams in non-district games. They have played 1A D1 teams in non-district and they did not go into Tenaha and lay down just because they were last years state champions.

Our kids practice and play hard in every sport no matter the opponent. The only choices that we ever get to make is who we play in a tournament and what coach does not try to make it possible for his team to win their own tournament. But the Rebels and Lady Rebels don't just invite pushovers to tournaments.

Rebels
Football 7 straight playoff appearences 2006-2012  5 straight district championships 2007-2011 Regional Semi Finalist 2010
Basketball 4 straight playoff appearences 2009-2012 3 straifgfht district championships 2010-2012 Area Champs 2012, State Runner up 2010
Baseball 7 straight playoff appearenes 2006-2012 7 straight district championships 2006-2012 Area Champs 2008, Regional Semi Finalist 2010, State Runner Up 2011.
Track 4 straight district championships 2009-2012 Area Champions 2012
Lady Rebels
Volleyball 3 straight district championships 2010-2012 Area Champs 2012
Basketball 8 straight district championships 2005-2012 Area Champs 2006 & 2008 Regional Semi Finialist 2011
Softball 2 playoff appearences 2011-2012

The Rebels and Lady Rebels had a combined 80.4 winning percentage over the past 5 years.

I know our kids are competitors and they work hard at every sport they participate in. We have endoured the weak district talk and now we have a strong district. Our kids just know that you have to play the team that shows up on the far side of the field. They don't ask about the size of the school or anything else they just play the games 

I agree Yeller that Evadale has dominated the last several years. I was a part of the 2009 football team that went 10-0, the 2010 baseball state runner up team, and the regional semi finalist football team of 2010. Im a huge Evadale fan, but Im also a realist. The talent just isn't there right now like it was. But I will always support the Rebels and Im glad that we are in the playoffs once again! Good luck tonight men

Have to agree with ya bull...Rebs have been tough since 2007, but this year may be the least talented, least physical team in recent history.  Maybe ever.  As yall know Im a big Evadale fan and have some close ties to EISD.  Ive followed them as closely as possible for 20+ years, but this year they are down, way down.  They have some really good kids coming and will be in contention for the crown in a year or two.
And yes Yeller, that was just like HD 55 with all the history.  So in my friendliest way possible, those stats are good for grinding up, adding a little Hershey's and milk and you've got a nice shake!!!

Good luck Rebels and Go Pirates!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin