World Powerlifting Congress Meet

Heading to Las Vegas on Wed for Powerlifting WORLDS !!!!
We have 17 kids lifting from the CROSS TRAINERS Gym ( Mike Denmon) lifting ages 12 - 20. They are from Nederland, Buna , LCM, Silsbee, Vidor,West Brook and Splendora. Both girls and boys will lift Friday and Saturday against people from across the country and the world. Good luck to all of them .

Would like everyone to also know that Mike is in Houston taking treatments and will not be able to make the trip. He has given lots of time and energy to these kids and has never asked for anything in return. Please keep him and his family in your prayers so he can beat his illness and be back in the gym real soon.

Got back from Vegas this morning in time to go to work. >:( We had 13 GOLD metals and 3 SILVER!!!!!!! :D  Ricki Calvert was named BEST lifter in her weight division and Maygan Crosslin was named BEST Lifter in her division.
Blythe Ferguson(LCM) set WORLD RECORDS for age and weight class in all 3 lifts and also total.
Makaley Harper (NED) set a WORLD RECORD in her Deadlift.
12yr old Shane Ratcliff finally broke ou 

Great week in Vegas but I am glad to be home!!!!! I cannot tell you how many complements our kids from SETX got from all the foreign JUDGES and competitors on their lifting form, composure and enthusiasm I think our girls took a picture with EVERY LIFTER there. They cheered for all and were by far the best cheerleaders at the place. This was a true WORLD event with around 700 lifters from GER,PORTUGAL, RUSSIA , AFRICA and all over trying to see who was the best.

I was honored that Mike  had enough faith in me to help but Robert (Junior) Johnson and Bethani Duncan deserve all the credit for keeping Mikes Gym going  in his absence. I found out how much work goes into keeping all these kids wrapped one right after the other. Get well soon MIKE !!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder