NOV-3-12 OPEN UP

Ralph

Well how was your open day?  My families first weekend  was typical  as most years. The kids both shoot spikes.  The strange part was a nice buck my brother who was visiting killed. We hunt in Newton County near the Burkville area. This buck was a nine point 16-17 wide but was a monster in body size. He was almost what you would say  he was freaky. I truly wish we would have had time to find a certified scale somewhere.  My 30 years of hunting tells me this buck weighed 230 to 240 not field dressed. My dad killed a big one in north Louisiana in 1962 when I was a kid that weighed 226. I believe this one was bigger. His body shoulder to rear end covered a full size pickup tailgate and his massive neck and head hung off.  Anyhow just wondering if any one else has seen any extra huge bodied deer?

[quote name="Ralph" post="1320793" timestamp="1352140494"]
Well how was your open day?  My families first weekend  was typical  as most years. The kids both shoot spikes.  The strange part was a nice buck my brother who was visiting killed. We hunt in Newton County near the Burkville area. This buck was a nine point 16-17 wide but was a monster in body size. He was almost what you would say  he was freaky. I truly wish we would have had time to find a certified scale somewhere.  My 30 years of hunting tells me this buck weighed 230 to 240 not field dressed. My dad killed a big one in north Louisiana in 1962 when I was a kid that weighed 226. I believe this one was bigger. His body shoulder to rear end covered a full size pickup tailgate and his massive neck and head hung off.  Anyhow just wondering if any one else has seen any extra huge bodied deer?
[/quote]After we left our lease in Angelina county and were heading back through broaddus we stopped at little diner there and across the street there is a cleaning place for finishing your deer you took that day , and this guy had the biggest buck Ive seen in a long time, my father-in-law guessed he was pushing 225-230 and had at least 22" spread, big body and a big 12 point rack!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami