The Purple Mass Exodus Poll

GoDogs27

When do you think the Indian "faithful" will begin their mass exodus?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think the Indian "faithful" will begin their mass exodus?

• Beginning of 2nd Quarter
    • Halftime
    • Middle of 3rd Quarter
    • 5 Minutes left in game
    • They will stay until the end

[quote name="football04" post="1300171" timestamp="1350186473"]
Proud, Central's defense hasn't been to bad this year, do you think your offense is improving, 50 points is moving the rock
[/quote]

Totally unpredictable.
i.e.  LCM    horrible
      Central  exciting to watch.

I guess it depends on which team shows up and the day that the QB is having.
Nothing surprised by anything anymore.  :-\

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a daughter that has dated a Bulldog since she was in 9th grade and he played football for them.  So i have a soft spot for them.  But I told them under no circumstances will their kids (if and when they get married and have them) be bulldogs.  8) ;D ;D ;D  Just kidding.  I graduated from TJ and my husband from Spurger but his brother played for PNG and our kids graduated from PNG and we have one more that will graduate in 9 years.

[quote name="HonorPrideTradition" post="1301018" timestamp="1350313208"]
[size=12pt]I'll be there cheering for our boys til the last second clicks off the clock![/size]
[/quote]

Good for you, they need the support. If they work hard enough to get on the field we should stay in the stands!

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1300024" timestamp="1350179493"]
This didn't get debunked just last year.  pNG has a lot of people in the stands... a good portion are loyal, but they are as fair weather or more than everyone else.  In this thread they will point to the state attendance record, and try to shut you up.
[/quote]

that was over 30 yrs ago... You all had most of Southeast Texas going to those games supporting the Indians

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1301322" timestamp="1350332939"]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=104664.msg1300024#msg1300024 date=1350179493]
This didn't get debunked just last year.  pNG has a lot of people in the stands... a good portion are loyal, but they are as fair weather or more than everyone else.  In this thread they will point to the state attendance record, and try to shut you up.
[/quote]

that was over 30 yrs ago... You all had most of Southeast Texas going to those games supporting the Indians
[/quote]

Not 30, 13. The 39,000 fans that set the Astrodome's HS record tagged along in 1999, 34,000 of which sat on PN-G's side of the dome. The national record (along with the previous Astrodome record) was the one that was set in 1977 and still stands today.

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1301322" timestamp="1350332939"]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=104664.msg1300024#msg1300024 date=1350179493]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lets just be honest...We will out number you...any place, any time...we have two cities coming together to support 1 team. The only time you will out number us is at your Stadium. We dont need to bring up the state attendance record.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1300057" timestamp="1350181623"]
I am an NDN fan and have gone to many a game in the last 20 plus years and we never leave early. Now I am just one family. I do know there are tons of people who only go to games to be seen or to say they went to the game. We also have bandwagon fans just like every other school they jump on the band wagon when we are winning and tear down when they are having a bad year.

I saw it last night at the game. The stands were no where near as full as they would have been if we were winning more games this rear. All I can say is that if you weren't at the game last night you missed a good show. I will continue to go to watch my NDNS weather they win or lose. I will cheer them on every Friday night.

I can't wait for MCM it is normally the BEST game of the season. Good Luck NDNS.
[/quote]
Very nice...

We left at halftime at the Nederland - Livingston game. My 12 yr. old bulldog was sitting down not yelling...not like him at all... He asked me where I wanted him to throw up at you should have seen the people in front of us turn around... We left he throw up at home... That is the 1st game in 10+ yrs of going to Nederland football games we have gone before the clock read 0:00. That includes several beatdowns central has given us in the past...

[quote name="NDNation" post="1301327" timestamp="1350333280"]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=104664.msg1301322#msg1301322 date=1350332939]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lets just be honest...We will out number you...any place, any time...we have two cities coming together to support 1 team. The only time you will out number us is at your Stadium. We dont need to bring up the state attendance record.
[/quote]

It's not the size of the dog in the fight... it is the size of the fight in the dog...
So one city is enough

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1301340" timestamp="1350334036"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=104664.msg1301327#msg1301327 date=1350333280]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=104664.msg1301322#msg1301322 date=1350332939]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's not the size of the dog in the fight... it is the size of the fight in the dog...
So one city is enough
[/quote]

The size of the fight in the dog doesn't set records. Numbers do. ;D

[quote name="bigdog" post="1301345" timestamp="1350334325"]
Yeah, and all of the were from PNG, LOL.
[/quote]

Never said that. But be aware, that's a double-edged sword. It says a lot when PN-G not only attracts upwards of 20,000 of its own fans for deep playoff games, but also typically more fans from other SETX schools than those schools have at their own games. ;)

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1301351" timestamp="1350334571"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=104664.msg1301345#msg1301345 date=1350334325]
Yeah, and all of the were from PNG, LOL.
[/quote]

Never said that. But be aware, that's a double-edged sword. It says a lot when PN-G not only attracts upwards of 20,000 of its own fans for deep playoff games, but also typically more fans from other SETX schools than those schools have at their own games. ;)
[/quote]

Exactly.  Jealous much Bigdog??  Never seen so many people so concerned about the size or lack thereof of the fan support for PN-G. 

Whether the crowd was all from Port Neches, Groves, the Golden Triangle or poe dunk Texas - I think it speaks volumes that this school can draw a crowd like that to see them play football.  Love how everyone just jumps at the chance to tear everything down about PN-G; just because they are having a down year in football.

Glad the reservation is open at the top…  some Nederland fans wouldn’t be able to fit their heads in a closed stadium.
  ::)

LOL.  You might need to get a needle for your head  and some of your PNG friends.  I guess the PNG people have to cling to something, since they will be sitting home this year.  Its funny how they have to keep bringing up a attendance record that happened over 30 years ago, and act like it was all because of PNG and not because other people in the area want to watch high school playoff games.  I see people from other schools all the time at Nederland playoff games , and I am sure that Ned fans attend other games as well.

CAL2TEX- Wear your feelings on your shoulders much???? You can dish it out but can't take it! Yes we have heard PNG is famous all over the world and ya'll are the only ones that bring a crowd, seriously get a grip. And yes it is a good thing the stadium isn't closed so that some of you PNG fans( NOT ALL) will have room for your noses that are stuck so far up in the air!

[quote name="bigdog" post="1301385" timestamp="1350336970"]
LOL.  You might need to get a needle for your head  and some of your PNG friends.  I guess the PNG people have to cling to something, since they will be sitting home this year.  Its funny how they have to keep bringing up a attendance record that happened over 30 years ago, and act like it was all because of PNG and not because other people in the area want to watch high school playoff games.  I see people from other schools all the time at Nederland playoff games , and I am sure that Ned fans attend other games as well.
[/quote]

Fact-checking seems to be pretty popular these days, so let's do a little here.

First of all, the subject of this thread is PN-G fan attendance. This thread was not started by a PN-G fan. It was started by a Nederland fan. See quote below:

[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104664.msg1300019#msg1300019 date=1350179073]
We all know the theory of PNG's fans being the most loyal and that they never leave early has been debunked after we saw the mass exodus in MCM last year when Nederland stuffed the 4th and 1 attempt. When will it happen this year?  ;)
[/quote]

Second, PN-G's attendance records - of which there are many - were not brought up by a PN-G fan. In fact, the subject of attendance records in particular was brought up in the second post of this thread by a different Nederland fan. See quote below:

[/quote]

Third, no PN-G fan here ever said that these records were set by PN-G fans alone. However, you, in raising this point, need to be aware that you're only hurting your own case; if these records totaling well over 30,000 fans indicate a strong Southeast Texas following in addition to the strong following PN-G has on its own, that says a heck of a lot about PN-G's ability to bring not only tens of thousands of its own fans, [i]but also tens of thousands of other schools' fans[/i] - more, even, then every other Southeast Texas school besides Nederland bring to their own games.

Fourth, PN-G's last major attendance record was not set 30+ years ago. It was set just 13 years ago, during the memorable 1999 season.

And fifth, if what you say is true and some significant portion of PN-G's substantial fan following during deep playoff years is comprised of Southeast Texas fans from other schools, why is it that in every case, the PN-G crowd is overwhelmingly purple? Generally speaking, when fans of various schools attend a game and sit with the fan base of a school different than their own, they do not wear that school's colors, but rather their own school's colors. Given this observation, the only way your argument could be true in any significant fashion is if the entire Dayton fanbase has a thing for attending PN-G playoff games, and even then the PN-G crowd would be overwhelmingly comprised of PN-G fans and alumni.

So, you were saying? ;)

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1301404" timestamp="1350337842"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=104664.msg1301385#msg1301385 date=1350336970]
[/quote]

Fact-checking seems to be pretty popular these days, so let's do a little here.

First of all, the subject of this thread is PN-G fan attendance. This thread was not started by a PN-G fan. It was started by a Nederland fan. See quote below:

[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104664.msg1300019#msg1300019 date=1350179073]
We all know the theory of PNG's fans being the most loyal and that they never leave early has been debunked after we saw the mass exodus in MCM last year when Nederland stuffed the 4th and 1 attempt. When will it happen this year?  ;)
[/quote]

Second, PN-G's attendance records - of which there are many - were not brought up by a PN-G fan. In fact, the subject of attendance records in particular was brought up in the second post of this thread by a different Nederland fan. See quote below:

[/quote]

Third, no PN-G fan here ever said that these records were set by PN-G fans alone. However, you, in raising this point, need to be aware that you're only hurting your own case; if these records totaling well over 30,000 fans indicate a strong Southeast Texas following in addition to the strong following PN-G has on its own, that says a heck of a lot about PN-G's ability to bring not only tens of thousands of its own fans, [i]but also tens of thousands of other schools' fans[/i] - more, even, then every other Southeast Texas school besides Nederland bring to their own games.

Fourth, PN-G's last major attendance record was not set 30+ years ago. It was set just 13 years ago, during the memorable 1999 season.

And fifth, if what you say is true and some significant portion of PN-G's substantial fan following during deep playoff years is comprised of Southeast Texas fans from other schools, why is it that in every case, the PN-G crowd is overwhelmingly purple? Generally speaking, when fans of various schools attend a game and sit with the fan base of a school different than their own, they do not wear that school's colors, but rather their own school's colors. Given this observation, the only way your argument could be true in any significant fashion is if the entire Dayton fanbase has a thing for attending PN-G playoff games, and even then the PN-G crowd would be overwhelmingly comprised of PN-G fans and alumni.

So, you were saying? ;)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, NDOMAKONG 's prediction came true.  The attendance record the PNG fans tout the most is the one in 1977. And yes, that is over 30 years ago.  Also, those attendance records were for the most part set at State championship games.  If PNG happens to be the last team standing from the area, then yes, you will get fans from all over the area, in addition to fans across the state attending. 

Tell you what, next time you get to the playoffs in the 3rd or 4th round, take a poll of [u]everybody[/u] in the stadium and let me know if they are actually from PNG or from another town and just wanted to take in a playoff game. :)

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1301408" timestamp="1350338471"]
I simply stated that PNG has mostly great fans and that even a loyal following such as PNG has fair weather fans in the group.  My bad on starting the record attendance discussion, it was meant in jest, but there are a lot of folks who aren't able to Jest.
[/quote]

There's no offense taken here, and none intended towards you (or anyone else, for that matter). I agree with your statement; PN-G, just like every other fan base, is going to find out who's a fairweather fan and who's not during bad years. But bigdog is saying PN-G fans keep bringing this up like it's the only thing we have to tout. My only point in relation to you was that it wasn't a PN-G fan who brought it up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder