What is the best select softball organization in Southeast Texas?

What is the best select softball organization in Southeast Texas?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best select softball organization in Southeast Texas?

• Beaumont Blast
    • Orange Crush
    • MOGO
    • GT Shakers
    • Other

Shaker parents will say the Shockers, and the coaches will remind everyone they did go to ASA Gold Nationals one time last decade.  Crush parents will point to the 40 teams they have playing.  Blast will comment on the Gold National heritage of their organization... or their namesake's organization... or their cousin's... I never get that straight.  ;)

All ribbing aside, why can't we just say there are several organizations doing a great job of giving local girls the opportunity to earn college offers?  There are a lot of coaches that give their free time to help girls be good players and better young women.  Robert Armentrout gave my daughter her first batting lesson years ago.  Billy Mitchell gave her a place to play when I refused to drive to Houston anymore.  Kenny Blanda helped coach her in 8U and then years later gave her the first exposure opportunities (in a college way, not a Bo way).  John Harrell gave her extreme motivation about seven years ago when he told her there was no place for her on his team- may be the best thing that ever happened to her, and I don't mean that rudely. 

All those folks helped her, and this week she accepted a scholarship offer to live her dream.  She'll be studying sports therapy and youth ministry at Central Methodist University, a Top 25 team that played in the NAIA World Series this past summer. 

Far as I'm concerned, they're all great and should be equally congratulated for helping my kid and many others achieve an incredible goal.  I'd vote for all of them but the poll won't let me.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, Hey. Let's not talk about parents! I am an Aces Express Dad and not nuts! AEGold. My daughter played in GT Shockers organization, and Trout has helped her any time we asked - even while she was playing for Orange Crush. Good people in both organizations. But the best thing about playing in a reputable organization in Houston is that the Dads are taken out of the decisions. We get to just be Dad! We were given some advice once -  to play on the highest ranked team that you can get on. She set a goal and made it, and we will always appreciate those SETX organizations who have helped her along the way.

They all have place and have ALL done a great job getting kids signed. The Houston outfits are also GREAT at doing this . The SETX groups have learned over the past 10 years what Houston already knew and CRUSH, SHOCKERS  and BLAST have all been very successful at getting kids to the next level. As far as DADDY BALL in the higher ranked teams. Both JHARRELL and TROUT's daughters have long since quit playing and they both continue to coach and get players signed. The best one is the one that fits you and your kid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317