Nederland underclass men

[quote name="bigdog" post="1296901" timestamp="1349968207"]
Does any one have a Varsity roster that they can post?
[/quote]
go to NISD website under athletics, football. I am not sure how accurate is now, but should be close. They have all the team rosters
http://www.nederland.k12.tx.us/NHS/Department/35-Athletics/Portal/football

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I hear a lot of names from the stadium PA system on Thursdays and in starting this thread was curious how these guys were doing.  This thread has answered that and much more... I'm impressed!  Now I know why I hear Krautz's name so often.    I still plan on catching a game or two to see for myself all these guys perform! 

[quote name="TheLand8" post="1297608" timestamp="1350026157"]
plus the policy is simple really; the best player plays and competition is a great thing.

This ia where you are very wrong! Nuemann has built a program on the TEAM. The best player at hte postion that helps the TEAM. I am not saying you are incorrect about your assessment, I am saying that players play where the TEAM needs you. I am sure a lot teams have many options at certain postions, the good teams choose to play the players where they help the team.

I do agree internal competition is great for all players. No one gets comfortable and pushes each other.

BTHO OU !!!! Horns Up, thumps down!
[/quote]

Guest TheLand8
[quote name="player66" post="1297878" timestamp="1350064446"]
[quote author=TheLand8 link=topic=104364.msg1297608#msg1297608 date=1350026157]
plus the policy is simple really; the best player plays and competition is a great thing.

This ia where you are very wrong! Nuemann has built a program on the TEAM. The best player at hte postion that helps the TEAM. I am not saying you are incorrect about your assessment, I am saying that players play where the TEAM needs you. I am sure a lot teams have many options at certain postions, the good teams choose to play the players where they help the team.

I do agree internal competition is great for all players. No one gets comfortable and pushes each other.

BTHO OU !!!! Horns Up, thumps down!
[/quote]
[/quote] what position does larry coach?

I used to be part of this Sophmore group, and trust me, they are loaded at almost every position, and for all the people talking about Seay, he's played qb/lb-db his whole life, and he is better than smith, and he could really push White for the job next year, he's stronger faster and a bigger arm, he could actually be the next Trevin Sonnier type.

I was trying to think of all the Nederland football players that went on to play college football out of the Nuemann's program. There used to be a website and it is gone now. Does anyone rmemer who they are? I know this is probably a thread of its own, but would also like to compare some of our future dogs.
Here are some that comes to mind
The Hueber brother - Played O Line and D line? I think 1 went to Baylor and dont remember where the other went.
The Mayhew brothers - O line, I think Rice and Houston?
Yoder - Slot WR, school ?
Brisendine - LB, SFA
Divante Johnson - DE, University of Texas

Guest TheLand8
[quote name="dogbite" post="1297987" timestamp="1350071529"]
All of them!  He organizes, game plans, runs the program, and then coaches the position coaches on what he wants from their positions.
[/quote] chill with that dogbite, he might run the program but he is cashin out on players and coachin staff!

Horns Up, Thumps Down

I am a dad  so listen up

NED JV QB

Bret Smith, 15 yr old, 6'1", 190 lbs, thru 5 games

69/98 for 805 yds with 11 tds and 4 int (over half his incompletions have been drops)

and has ability in the two minute drill that a Manning would like to have.

If you dont believe me talk to one of the coaches.

These kids mentioned are all team players and care about the Nederland Bulldogs.  All great kids, IMO. 

Coaches will do what makes the "most sense/best" for the team.

As I have said, future bright for Nederland  8) 8) 8) 8).  No controversy here.

This is a non-issue in my book.

P.S.  Don't like downing of any player from Nederland, curious that these "posters" only have a few posts.  You can message me and I will give my address and we can have a meeting to talk about this  ;)
No fan or anyone who has knowledge of the team would bash the players.  This is not PNG!!!! ;D

Here is my opinion for what it is worth. First, some folks keeping pushing Seay (not sure why), but Nederland throws the ball about 12 to 20 time per game. If you have watched nederland the last 15, 20 years, we do not showcase the QB, we rely on game management, run the ball, good defense, and throw to keep the other D honest and take our shots when it is time. We have some good qb's coming up that can do that. Seay would be  a waste at QB, since White, Smith and Jones do not play defense. for seay to hand the ball of 20+ times and throw 15 times does not help the TEAM. Seay can play any skill position on offense and any defensive postion (including nosegaurd ;D)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder