Nederland underclass men

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kf89" post="1295945" timestamp="1349844843"]
NO offense to Mr. seay who is a great player,but he is not the same type of athlete to do all the things trevin sonnier did.Mr. Krautz or if Mr. Richard comes back are the next trevin sonnier/michael shaw/ryan butler/sean yoder type athletes,that can score from any where on the field.
[/quote]

I disagree abour Seay, do agree about Krautz, and do not think Richard will come back, he is an athlete not really a football player. Richard would be a good receiver but not an all purpose player (he should be playing baseball). Broussard on Jv has a huge leg and think he would be happy just kicking, but can be a great addition to the receiving core, fast, good size, good athlete. The most important about all the kids mention that they are great kids.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1295925" timestamp="1349839565"]
I think part of the problem with the receivers is that they are all plenty short.
[/quote]Except Kimler, who is a legit 6'2", maybe 6'3". Not sure why he does not get targeted more. Best athlete on the team, IMO. May be bc Shaw and Barrow are so efficient, they don't need to use him. Would like to see him play more when we get near the end zone and utilize his height/size.

Someone said on another thread that Preston White would start at QB next year and Bret Smith the next year, and that may well happen, but the competition in the spring should be good. Seay should be in the mix. Bret's  big, strong, and has a strong arm and a smart player . Jacob Jones (freshman) is accurate and a good field general,. Preston may be the front runner, but the competition in the spring should make all of them better. Can't remember a time with this many good qb's log jambed together. 

White is excellent as QB, strong arm, tall and athletic.  White is set to lead the Dogs next season and Smith to follow.  Smith is very confident in any sport he plays, very athletic, tall and great size.  Both run effective offense and BOTH are team players, no whinning from either of those players.  Great kids off the field as well. Both tremendous baseball pitchers and players.  These players are the best arms (accurate and smart football players) in the bunch and are team players.

Jones is definetly at the right level.

The future looks bright in Nederland... No controversy in Nederland, maybe you, football04, should head to reservation ...... for that .......8) 8) 8)

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1296581" timestamp="1349909917"]
White is excellent as QB, strong arm, tall and athletic.  White is set to lead the Dogs next season and Smith to follow.  Smith is very confident in any sport he plays, very athletic, tall and great size.  Both run effective offense and BOTH are team players, no whinning from either of those players.  Great kids off the field as well. Both tremendous baseball pitchers and players.  These players are the best arms (accurate and smart football players) in the bunch and are team players.

The future looks bright in Nederland... No controversy in Nederland, maybe you, football04, should head to reservation ...... for that .......8) 8) 8)
[/quote]
No offense 1987, I do not think 04 was stirring up controversy. I think he saying that we are deep and many options, so it will be wide open next year. I do agree, that there is a progression and it looks obvoius, but you never know. I know all 4 players and wish them well.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1296581" timestamp="1349909917"]

[/quote]
I didn't realize you, thedogs1987, were setting the line up for the next 2 years. How is having an opinion about underclassmen for next years team before the offseason ever starts be controversy, and besides I said Preston was the frontrunner, but the other 2 are pretty good as well. 

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1296663" timestamp="1349917412"]
87, you sitting in on coaches meetings, if not, button up the plan for 2014, kind silly to hear this
[/quote]

Ndnomakong, In Nederland, we  let the coaches make the decision about QB.

To not hear what is being said, means you are not at the right places in Nederland.

I think it's kind of silly to say untrue things about some of these kids.  Be respectful, 04, I know you have a hard time doing that.

And if you want to bash any of these kids, I will personally invite you to my house and you can tell what you know as fact.  That's an invite ;)

As I have said, the future of Nederland is bright, how ever the coaches decide.  They must be living right in Nederland. 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1296672" timestamp="1349918723"]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=104364.msg1296663#msg1296663 date=1349917412]
87, you sitting in on coaches meetings, if not, button up the plan for 2014, kind silly to hear this
[/quote]

To not hear what is being said, means you are not at the right places in Nederland.

I think it's kind of silly to say untrue things about some of these kids.  Be respectful, 04, I know you have a hard time doing that.

And if you want to bash any of these kids, I will personally invite you to my house and you can tell what you know as fact.  That's an invite ;)

As I have said, the future of Nederland is bright, how ever the coaches decide.  They must be living right in Nederland. 8) 8) 8)
[/quote
Who said anything untrue 87, I said they are all good, is that your idea of bashing, I am very respectful and have said nothing derogatory about any of them, try some anger management 87.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1296672" timestamp="1349918723"]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=104364.msg1296663#msg1296663 date=1349917412]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I know 04 can defend himself, but where do you get disrespect?

Back on topic, I think the sophmore class this year is much like the senior class this year. They are very talented. I think we will see a lot of Jr's starting next year. I beleive we have 4 sophmores that start now on varsity. It will be interesting how it plays out. I was told that Jack Lynch at CO said he has never had so much talent on 1 team the year the sophmore group was in 8th grade.

[quote name="GrayDog" post="1296684" timestamp="1349920307"]
Broussard had 3 TD catches against Livingston, 1 for about 70 in the first quarter and half.  And an INT return to about the 5 where he got shoved out and broke his ankle on that play.  3 sport athlete--hope he'll be back soon!
[/quote]
Colton is a great athlete and will succeed in any sport he wants to. He could be a 5 sport athlete if they did not conflict. I hope he has a speedy recovery! Great kid

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1296687" timestamp="1349920490"]
[quote author=GrayDog link=topic=104364.msg1296684#msg1296684 date=1349920307]
Broussard had 3 TD catches against Livingston, 1 for about 70 in the first quarter and half.  And an INT return to about the 5 where he got shoved out and broke his ankle on that play.  3 sport athlete--hope he'll be back soon!
[/quote]
Colton is a great athlete and will succeed in any sport he wants to. He could be a 5 sport athlete if they did not conflict. I hope he has a speedy recovery! Great kid
[/quote]
I knew Colton hurt his ankle but didn't know he broke it, hate to hear that, he is a great kid.

Since I was the first to post White will be the 2013 QB  and Smith the 2014 I will say this about Seay. No doubt Seay would be a very capable QB for Ned. Reality is Ned is a much stronger team with Seay playing D and some O. Maybe WR, Wilddog or some form of ball handler. White and Smith are very capable QB's as well, but I'm not sure where they play if not QB. Both strengths are at QB and very capable to lead the Dogs. Ned has an abundance of talent for the next two years at least and I don't see Neumann employing a Vidor scheme (QB/LB) with Seay. Not saying he couldn't handle the job, but I don't see Neumann taking the chance with the talent he will have.

On another note: Couron will likely be replaced by Jeron Johnson and Pryor by Holman 

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1296700" timestamp="1349921382"]
Since I was the first to post White will be the 2013 QB  and Smith the 2014 I will say this about Seay. No doubt Seay would be a very capable QB for Ned. Reality is Ned is a much stronger team with Seay playing D and some O. Maybe WR, Wilddog or some form of ball handler. White and Smith are very capable QB's as well, but I'm not sure where they play if not QB. Both strengths are at QB and very capable to lead the Dogs. Ned has an abundance of talent for the next two years at least and I don't see Neumann employing a Vidor scheme (QB/LB) with Seay. Not saying he couldn't handle the job, but I don't see Neumann taking the chance with the talent he will have.

On another note: Couron will likely be replaced by Jeron Johnson and Pryor by Holman
[/quote]

Can you ever really replace a Couron?  ;D  He will be missed as will Pryor.  Great players.  Joy to watch.

As for White, nice arm.  White punts, too, not sure about receiving skills, good hands.  Smith could be linebacker and has great hands, could move out to TE as you will have Washington, and Stewart.  Like to see more to our TE.  Stewart (off subject  here) has great hands and is a strong runner, like what I have seen of him on varsity this season.

Future is bright in Nederland 8) 8) 8)

Broussard is amazing and has a host of fellow receivers that will be great next season as well....Borderlon and Richardson.  Richardson is a play maker and look forward to all that he can do as well.  Between, Broussard and Richardson receiving excitement ahead for Bulldogs.  Both with nice size and speed and add that Kimbler and a great running game.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

And to mention, all these kids are team players and care about the program of "the Nederland Bulldogs."

They work hard and would do whatever Neumann needed them to do for the team.  Great individuals on the football field and off, as well. 

Hope this year's soph class can live up to the hype.  Cuz the actual best class Lynch ever had, which is this years Senior class... created their history and is still doing so.  Would love to see it from these sophs, but right now it's the seniors time, they own this team and hopefully future teams can aspire to be what they've been over the past three years.

The soph class is extraoridnary.

Great kids, on and off the field.  They have respect for the program and are team players, in every sport that they play, including football.

I have watched them for a while and it be will surprising to some to what they will do.  They are quiet, hard-working kids who excel in the classroom and have an extremely close bond. 

Some ways they do mimic the current senior class, who has taught them a lot.

A lot of these athletes have older brothers, cousins who have contributed to the program and they respect everything about it and want to represent their families, community and self with respect and honor.

8) 8) 8) 8)

I think you just proved my point 1987. If White doesn't play QB, where he would be effective, he is a punter. Too many WR at Ned the next few years so I don't see White as a starter there. I will go one step further and say if White does not start at QB he will concentrate on baseball. I do agree with you about Smith at TE, but he will not make LB--just doesn't have the speed that others on the team will have.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33