Nederland underclass men

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1296705" timestamp="1349923183"]
I have a better idea, let's move this thread to the YOUTH FOOTBALL SECTION, they can hash it out between the STJFL posts.
[/quote]

The post was not offend the Sr class, they are excellent group and I know a lot of the young men. You are correct, it is their time and they own the team. Great SR leadership! However this thread is about under classman and it was a compliment to the sophmore class as whole. I dont know where you get youth football out that.  I dont know how much you know about the Freshman, Sophmore, and Sr class, but since you brought up the STJFL, the all won STJFL championships.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seems like a lot of folks tweakin their elbows pattin themselves on the back... I like to see stuff proven on the field before I go spoutin off that's all.  And by the way... Lumberton wins a lot in STJFL too.. sometimes the translation is lost, so forgive me for wanting to see the business on the varsity football field... like I am currently seeing this year's group do.  Where do you get 4 soph starters also.  I've got Seay and Barton, of which only Seay plays all the snaps, Barton is a package player, no discredit to him he is going to be a great one.  Johnson has played extensively against the slot/wing T offenses, but not against the conventional offenses.  Barton/Johnson will be great players in time, just don't add up to the 4 starters mentioned. 

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1296711" timestamp="1349923660"]
Wish em all the best, and TRUE to the PROGRAM, they will keep their mouth shut and go to work, proving it on the field, not on a message board.
[/quote]

Well, I know that I am not a high school football player and chances are, they are not on the message board posting anything....

Between, football, school work and more football, they don't have the time.

The only ones on a message board are the fans (and who usually don't have an athlete at any level playing) giving their advice, criticism and Opinions. 

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1296713" timestamp="1349923721"]
I think you just proved my point 1987. If White doesn't play QB, where he would be effective, he is a punter. Too many WR at Ned the next few years so I don't see White as a starter there. I will go one step further and say if White does not start at QB he will concentrate on baseball. I do agree with you about Smith at TE, but he will not make LB--just doesn't have the speed that others on the team will have.
[/quote]

Would hate to lose White on fb field to baseball.  He's got talent.  Smith is not as fast as some, but makes up with it with his smartness on the fb field.  I don't think he wants to play LB, hasn't played that since STJFL ;)

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1296719" timestamp="1349924426"]
Just seems like a lot of folks tweakin their elbows pattin themselves on the back... I like to see stuff proven on the field before I go spoutin off that's all.  And by the way... Lumberton wins a lot in STJFL too.. sometimes the translation is lost, so forgive me for wanting to see the business on the varsity football field... like I am currently seeing this year's group do.  Where do you get 4 soph starters also.  I've got Seay and Barton, of which only Seay plays all the snaps, Barton is a package player, no discredit to him he is going to be a great one.  Johnson has played extensively against the slot/wing T offenses, but not against the conventional offenses.  Barton/Johnson will be great players in time, just don't add up to the 4 starters mentioned.
[/quote]

Not sure what you are talking about, it seems like you just want to argue. Who is patting their selves on the back. I said I [u]believe[/u] we have 4 starters, I was not sure. If I am not mistaken, Barton and Sage start, Johnson has started, and was not sure if Stewart is a Jr or soph (also was not sure if he started).

For some reason you think Im comparing STJFL to the talent we have now. I never mentioned youth football until you did. There is no comparing 11 & 12 year olds to 16, 17, & 18 year olds and how kids develop etc. Some ofthe comments on this thread is looking at the recent history as last years Freshman's class, they were undefeated and most games were over by halftime.

Sounds like you have an issues about talking about the future and acknowleding that we have some talented kids coming up.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1296732" timestamp="1349925448"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=104364.msg1296726#msg1296726 date=1349924912]
You're right, I'm sure none of the posters on this thread are dad's of underclassmen.
[/quote]

I am not.  Who are you?
[/quote]
I'm not either, mine graduated in 05, but I know these kids and coached most of them, they are great kids and I love following them.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1296737" timestamp="1349926027"]
back on topic now, this is giving even me a headache.

whats the freshman and jv records this year? any stud RBs 20-4A should look out for next season to be paired up with Hopkins?
[/quote]

Im with you on that!
Freshman are 1-1 in district and 2-3 overall. JV is 1-1 in district, i think they are 3-2 overall. Freshman has RB Krautz that is one to watch in the next year or so.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1296741" timestamp="1349926311"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104364.msg1296737#msg1296737 date=1349926027]

whats the freshman and jv records this year? any stud RBs 20-4A should look out for next season to be paired up with Hopkins?
[/quote]

Im with you on that!
Freshman are 1-1 in district and 2-3 overall. JV is 1-1 in district, i think they are 3-2 overall. Freshman has RB Krautz that is one to watch in the next year or so.
[/quote] Is he a big back, small with speed or a combo of size and speed?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1296743" timestamp="1349926776"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=104364.msg1296741#msg1296741 date=1349926311]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104364.msg1296737#msg1296737 date=1349926027]

[/quote]

Im with you on that!
[/quote]
I would say combo, 15 year old that is 5'9 about 140lbs, with a lot of speed. He had an older brother play a few years back and then went to Lamar on a track scholarship

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1296745" timestamp="1349926944"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104364.msg1296743#msg1296743 date=1349926776]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=104364.msg1296741#msg1296741 date=1349926311]

[/quote]

Im with you on that!
[/quote]
I would say combo, 15 year old that is 5'9 about 140lbs, with a lot of speed. He had an older brother play a few years back and then went to Lamar on a track scholarship
[/quote] oh, a Dustin Driskell type RB?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder