Nederland underclass men

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1294917" timestamp="1349726618"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=104364.msg1294852#msg1294852 date=1349722686]
From what I understand, Nederlands JV QB is on Varsity playing Safety. I think his name is Seay? Could be wrong.
[/quote]

How could a JV quarterback play on Varsity?

Oh, wait you're from PNG.  Got it. ;D
[/quote]
You know what I meant!  ;D

[quote name="badndn" post="1294923" timestamp="1349726831"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=104364.msg1294917#msg1294917 date=1349726618]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=104364.msg1294852#msg1294852 date=1349722686]
From what I understand, Nederlands JV QB is on Varsity playing Safety. I think his name is Seay? Could be wrong.
[/quote]

How could a JV quarterback play on Varsity?

Oh, wait you're from PNG.  Got it. ;D
[/quote]
You know what I meant!  ;D
[/quote]

Wait, you are not helping Faircloth with the playbook are you? ;D

I could see where the confusion could come in. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Go Dogs!

[quote name="3bsports" post="1295053" timestamp="1349738070"]
Good Question...so is Seay really a back up QB?  Now i'm confused?
[/quote]

The question was, "is badndn helping Faircloth with playbook?

I guess we might draw a map and give you directions to the Reservation next, for MCM?

I am sure that yall might get lost, or just no-show (but who could blame you this year) ;D

I see Sage Seay being Nederlands next Trevin Sonnier, locking down rec and stopping the run on D, playing rec and running a little wild DOG on offense, returning punts.... etc.  As crazy as it sounds we would be wasting his ability at QB, especially when you could have all that and a D good QB in Preston White

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1295092" timestamp="1349741016"]
I see Sage Seay being Nederlands next Trevin Sonnier, locking down rec and stopping the run on D, playing rec and running a little wild DOG on offense, returning punts.... etc.  As crazy as it sounds we would be wasting his ability at QB, especially when you could have all that and a D good QB in Preston White
[/quote]
I agree. I think the coaches will look at where all players fit to make the best team.
Back on topic, Freshman underclassmen RB and DB Austin Krautz will be on varisty next year somewhere on the field. QB Jacob jones, Justin Carr (little bro of Corbin Carr) and a couple of lineman I dont know. JV - WR Jace Bordelon, WR Colton Broussard, Curtis Beniot and some decent linemen that I do not know.

JV QB is Bret Smith, Freshman QB is Jacob Jones.
Both teams are good but not dominate. Not sure about JV, but the Freshman do not have any depth, short on receivers and agressive lineman. Freshman lost 3 kids that started at CO wilson to basketball and another WR moved to Bridge City.

I think, too, the players sometimes just like another sport better than football

And FOOTBALL is a game that if you don't want to play it, DON'T, because you probably will get hurt because 1/2 way doing anything in football spells disaster and probable injury.

Remember these kids don't get a multi-million dollar contract to play hs football....only usually harrassment by irrational fans who think they should perform like the professionals that they are watching on Monday Night Football (like tonight) and every once in a while they get a "great game"  by someone, and help us all, THIS BOARD is no friend to these kids, I really would hate to be a kid reading any of this stuff sometimes.

These are kids, they are real people, facing real issues/injuries/problems. 

Anyways, still the future is bright in Nederland like I have been saying.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1295177" timestamp="1349749426"]
Hate to hear when we lose football talent to specialize, likely in a sport they will be another prop in. 
[/quote]

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1295177" timestamp="1349749426"]
Hate to hear when we lose football talent to specialize, likely in a sport [b]they will be another prop in[/b].
[/quote]What does that even mean? ???
BTW-That Freshmen basketball team is very talented. I would guess they see a great opportunity to specialize in one sport. Hard to play FB AND BB. I know it can be done, but it takes a special athlete to be successful at both.

The freshmen linemen are plenty aggressive. I would count on a few of the offensive linemen being on varsity next year. You are correct about the lack of depth.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1295118" timestamp="1349744170"]
Both teams are good but not dominate. Not sure about JV, but the Freshman do not have any depth, short on receivers and agressive lineman. Freshman lost 3 kids that started at CO wilson to basketball and another WR moved to Bridge City.
[/quote]

[quote name="bigned85" post="1295764" timestamp="1349820739"]
The freshmen linemen are plenty aggressive. I would count on a few of the offensive linemen being on varsity next year. You are correct about the lack of depth.

[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=104364.msg1295118#msg1295118 date=1349744170]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I did not mean to offend the line, I think we are work in progress at this point.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1295925" timestamp="1349839565"]
I think part of the problem with the receivers is that they are all plenty short.
[/quote] The typical NED WR has always been short from what i've known and seen, NED was just blessed with having at least one or two who could take it to the house at any time IMO. Been that way for umpteen years  ;)

NO offense to Mr. seay who is a great player,but he is not the same type of athlete to do all the things trevin sonnier did.Mr. Krautz or if Mr. Richard comes back are the next trevin sonnier/michael shaw/ryan butler/sean yoder type athletes,that can score from any where on the field. 

[quote name="kf89" post="1295945" timestamp="1349844843"]
NO offense to Mr. seay who is a great player,but he is not the same type of athlete to do all the things trevin sonnier did.Mr. Krautz or if Mr. Richard comes back are the next trevin sonnier/michael shaw/ryan butler/sean yoder type athletes,that can score from any where on the field.
[/quote]

All of those are great athletes.  We know in Nederland what we have in the next few years 8) 8) 8)

Broussard (soph) is one of best athletes we have seen in a long time.  Player can do anything, play making receiver, kicker, punter, corner, and oh did I mention fast and strong. This kid is a highlight reel.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi