DCTF Friday Football Live Tour: Week 6- Brenham @ Montgomery... Predictions?

Brenham has not faced a team that runs the ball like Montgomery does, period. They are coming off a win that was expected to turn out the way it did, Willis isn't exactly a premiere team, and it turned into a good tune up game. There is a two headed monster in the back field for the bears in Linton and Allen both are homerun threats from anywhere on the field and trust me Montgomery will have a few tricks up their sleeve.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BearBacker15" post="1297125" timestamp="1349981250"]
Brenham has not faced a team that runs the ball like Montgomery does, period. They are coming off a win that was expected to turn out the way it did, Willis isn't exactly a premiere team, and it turned into a good tune up game. There is a two headed monster in the back field for the bears in Linton and Allen both are homerun threats from anywhere on the field and trust me Montgomery will have a few tricks up their sleeve.
[/quote]

We face Montgomery every year, and I havn't seen anybody even close to LeRoy Dobbins' talent on the field, and we managed to get through that.  We have our own monster in the backfield, but it has 4 heads.  They compliment each other well too.

K.D. Leakes (SR)
Darrion Johnson (JR)
Tyler Watts (JR)
Earnest Patterson (Soph)

You can't honestly say Brenham runs the ball as well as Montgomery does and yea y'all survived Leroy with a state ranked defense loaded with D1 talent the cubs are a far cry from that this year. Linton and Allen are much differance runners than dobbins was so the run game is much more smash mouth rather than finesse. Either way we shall see tomorrow night.

[quote name="BearBacker15" post="1297536" timestamp="1350012018"]
You can't honestly say Brenham runs the ball as well as Montgomery does and yea y'all survived Leroy with a state ranked defense loaded with D1 talent the cubs are a far cry from that this year. Linton and Allen are much differance runners than dobbins was so the run game is much more smash mouth rather than finesse. Either way we shall see tomorrow night.
[/quote]

I honestly think our run game is better than y'all's.  (Except the Dobbins era) Like you said, we'll see tomorrow.

IT'S MOTHERFLIPPIN' GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

P.S. BF, normally we agree on a lot of things, but I disagree with Brenham's run game being better. Bears have consistently ran with success even against #1 Dawson and Top 10 Angleton. Brenham does have the better defense, but I'll take Montgomery's run game over the Cubs.

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1297746" timestamp="1350052991"]
IT'S MOTHERFLIPPIN' GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

P.S. BF, normally we agree on a lot of things, but I disagree with Brenham's run game being better. Bears have consistently ran with success even against #1 Dawson and Top 10 Angleton. Brenham does have the better defense, but I'll take Montgomery's run game over the Cubs.
[/quote]

Usually I would agree if we're just talking about the past, (especially Dobbins era) but we have 4 backs capable of big things and a dual threat QB this year.  That's something Montgomery doesn't have.

Here's DCTF's outlook on tonight's game...

"We've got a dashing double in the Piney Woods this week, one of which proved impossible for the DCTF crew to ignore — Brenham at Montgomery, where the Fox Football Friday crew (7-11 PM, Fox Sports Southwest) will be setting up shop for the evening. But don't overlook The Woodlands at Lufkin, either. As usual, that one has a lot riding on it.

Brenham vs. Montgomery, once again, looks like it will decide the district title — after all, it's been that way for the past two years. Why change now? The only problem is that has never worked in Montgomery's favor, as the Bears are still looking for their first win over the Cubs as district rivals. Neither team has ridden a star to their unbeaten district records, but both are getting balanced efforts out of their run games and just enough from the passing attack to get by. I'll reveal my pick tonight on FFF, but for now, suffice to say that this should be close — again, it has been for most of recent memory."

Apparently he thinks the rushing attack are pretty even.

Pretty vague assessment. I'm sure they'll go into more detail during the pregame show. And just to clarify, I don't think there's a big advantage between he two run games. I just think Montgomery's is slightly better. The X-factor is Jimmy Dominick. He doesn't get many carries, but he scores or gets big gains on a lot of them. He can bust a big one any time he touches the ball. Very De'Anthony Thomas like in the way he is utilized and his scores per touch and yards per touch ratios. He also comes in to play OLB on occasion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder