Png vs Lcm predictions

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say it, but LCM wins this one....those Bears defend their home turf like, well, Bears.  I hate it when we have to play them at their place...its like a different team when they are at home.  PNG wont have the season they wanted this year, but I do expect them to win more than one district game.  I just dont think it will be this game.  Its just an opinion though and I expect PNG to play hard, just like they always do.

LC-M, for whatever reason, thinks we're their rival (think Nederland-Vidor). Plus this is their homecoming. You can count on them to be motivated to play.

That said, the only 20-4A team we never lost to while I was in high school was LC-M. We went 3-1 against most teams - Lumberton, Vidor, Central, Ozen - broke even against Nederland and had losing records to Livingston (1-2) and Dayton (0-1). The one team whose number we just seemed to have was LC-M. Even during Crouch's first two years, 2009 and 2010, years when LC-M was going to beat PN-G and march into the playoffs on the backs of Hunter Gonzales and the stable of WRs he commanded, PN-G won and during the season after I graduated in 2011, won decisively. Even in 2008, our disaster year, we rolled right over LC-M (I think 34-7 was the final score).

Now history means nothing on the football field. LC-M's stats show a balanced offense that divides the ball pretty evenly between Sezer on the ground and Doyle through the air. It also a shows a productive offense that has put up more than thirty points a game the last three games running. I'm confident that we can corral Sezer and at least slow down the run. I'm concerned about the passing game because our secondary has been our weakness on that side of the ball, but if we key in on Doyle, who seems to be the workhorse behind LC-M's passing game, we might be able to slow that down a little too. Offensively, LC-M doesn't seem to have much defense against the run, and our running game was our strength this past week. We really seem to be getting the running game going with Medina and Wommack. Also, AJ seemed much improved against Lumberton compared to past games, so I feel we can mix in the pass effectively to keep LC-M's defense honest.

We can win this, but it's going to be a fight. PN-G is going to have to treat every game from here on out like a playoff game if the Indians want to be alive in the postseason. So with that said....

Port Neches-Groves Indians                    38
Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears              31    Final

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder