What's with the chip on the shoulder?

GoDogs27

I don't understand why nearly every post I read about Vidor seems to have a glaring overtone to it; which is nobody respects us, nobody gives us credit, nobody believes in us, Mathews isn't respected etc. Get over it already. I think most people have given credit where credit is due. Vidor fans seem to have this complex they can't get rid of. You have a great program going right now. Enjoy it instead of constantly trying to defend it. You may not have the tradition and history of programs like WO-S, PN-G, Ned, etc., but that doesn't mean people don't respect what Vidor has been doing over the last few years, which is building a good program. There is quite a bit of animosity toward Nederland and MC fans in general from some Vidor fans and I am not sure where it comes from. This isnt new either. It was this way even back when Vidor was a doormat. I don't know if it stems from the rivalry complex or what, but it seems almost childish at times. I know a lot of what's said is general smack talk, and I can definitely understand and appreciate that aspect, but enjoy the ride and don't get lured in to traps. Act like you've been there before. Let Friday nights do the talking, not who beat who by how many points in X amount of overtimes, etc. Nobody can dispute whether or not Vidor is a step up from where it's been in the past. Can Vidor sustain it and become a tradition-rich program? Only time will tell, but trying so desperately to demand respect overnight from everyone isn't going to get you there.

I can understand where they are coming from. 1st... people were saying that their first preseason games were not a test..cause you know those teams were not that good...but Clearbrooks gonna be a test...yep that will prove your worth. Well they dispatched that team hands down....and now thats being thrown back in their face to. But what do I know...I'm just a fan of a "Toilet Bowl" team whose season is down the tubes before it has even started.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1275243" timestamp="1347992090"]
Thank you for that unnecessary "lecture". ::)
[/quote]

You're welcome! Anytime! Not really a lecture. People are going to do what people want to do. Just trying to understand where it comes from. Maybe I am wrong but I feel like that's all I see on here.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1275257" timestamp="1347992791"]
I can understand where they are coming from. 1st... people were saying that their first preseason games were not a test..cause you know those teams were not that good...but Clearbrooks gonna be a test...yep that will prove your worth. Well they dispatched that team hands down....and now thats being thrown back in their face to. But what do I know...I'm just a fan of a "Toilet Bowl" team whose season is down the tubes before it has even started.
[/quote]
That's sort of my point. I have no idea about their team, but I was impressed at the way they handled CB. A lot of people gave Vidor props and kudos last year and this year so far.

Dogs27, you've taken plenty of shots at Vidor, along with plenty of Ned. and PNG fans.  There is a few Vidor fans that seem to over excited
about the upcoming season.  But it is threads like this that Ned. fans seem to start every single year this website has been around, and
at some point you get tired of hearing it.  But I can PROMISE you this, Newman and company and the Dog Pound has plenty of respect for Vidor football.  And that my friend you can take to the bank.  See  ya Sept 28, 2012.  Lets have good clean injury free game.  Good luck.

[quote name="jimbob82" post="1275301" timestamp="1347995529"]
Dogs27, you've taken plenty of shots at Vidor, along with plenty of Ned. and PNG fans.  There is a few Vidor fans that seem to over excited
about the upcoming season.  But it is threads like this that Ned. fans seem to start every single year this website has been around, and
at some point you get tired of hearing it.  But I can PROMISE you this, Newman and company and the Dog Pound has plenty of respect for Vidor football.  And that my friend you can take to the bank.  See  ya Sept 28, 2012.  Lets have good clean injury free game.  Good luck.
[/quote]
You should probably read posts before commenting. Either that or you just aren't capable of processing what's being posted. Smack talk is all part of it and I understand that. It comes from all sides. But I don't believe everyone is "taking a shot" at Vidor in regards to not giving them the respect they deserve. I said before the year started that 20-4A was a better district when Vidor is relevant. You can't please everyone and not every person is going to give certain teams respect, but I don't feel like I have said anything to take away what Vidor has accomplished. As for threads like this being started every year, I don't recall them, but that's a chicken and egg issue if that's the case. It's an observation and an inquiry. Not a reason to get all knotted up over. I like it when Vidor has a great team, it makes Nederland better win or lose. Just don't understand how so many people can give respect to Vidor and still some fans seem to have a complex about it. Heck, even the pollsters on this board think you're better than Nederland. You win.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1275310" timestamp="1347996297"]
[quote author=jimbob82 link=topic=103335.msg1275301#msg1275301 date=1347995529]
[/quote]
You should probably read posts before commenting. Either that or you just aren't capable of processing what's being posted. Smack talk is all part of it and I understand that. It comes from all sides. But I don't believe everyone is "taking a shot" at Vidor in regards to not giving them the respect they deserve. I said before the year started that 20-4A was a better district when Vidor is relevant. You can't please everyone and not every person is going to give certain teams respect, but I don't feel like I have said anything to take away what Vidor has accomplished. As for threads like this being started every year, I don't recall them, but that's a chicken and egg issue if that's the case. It's an observation and an inquiry. Not a reason to get all knotted up over. I like it when Vidor has a great team, it makes Nederland better win or lose. Just don't understand how so many people can give respect to Vidor and still some fans seem to have a complex about it. Heck, even the pollsters on this board think y[b]ou're better than Nederland. You win.[/b]
[/quote]

Now nobody said all that! That has yet to be proved. Now if they take the crown away....they are gonna be so hard to live with! ;D

[quote name="NDNation" post="1275321" timestamp="1347996906"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=103335.msg1275310#msg1275310 date=1347996297]
[quote author=jimbob82 link=topic=103335.msg1275301#msg1275301 date=1347995529]
[/quote]
You should probably read posts before commenting. Either that or you just aren't capable of processing what's being posted. Smack talk is all part of it and I understand that. It comes from all sides. But I don't believe everyone is "taking a shot" at Vidor in regards to not giving them the respect they deserve. I said before the year started that 20-4A was a better district when Vidor is relevant. You can't please everyone and not every person is going to give certain teams respect, but I don't feel like I have said anything to take away what Vidor has accomplished. As for threads like this being started every year, I don't recall them, but that's a chicken and egg issue if that's the case. It's an observation and an inquiry. Not a reason to get all knotted up over. I like it when Vidor has a great team, it makes Nederland better win or lose. Just don't understand how so many people can give respect to Vidor and still some fans seem to have a complex about it. Heck, even the pollsters on this board think y[b]ou're better than Nederland. You win.[/b]
[/quote]

Now nobody said all that! That has yet to be proved. [b]Now if they take the crown away....they are gonna be so hard to live with! [/b] ;D
[/quote]

Even as a die hard, all my life, Pirate fan, I don't even think I will be able to live with the other fans if we take the crown away!!  I can see the extreme amount of threads that will be started!

It's not so much of a "chip on the shoulder" thing, it always seems as if no matter who Vidor plays or wins against, there is always a reason as to why we won.  Just as it's stated above, going into the Clear Brook game there was all this hype of this is going to be the real test for Vidor!!  Well, we came out on top, 33-14 to be exact and now it's, oh they weren't that strong of a team anyways, maybe a weak 5A team but no strong 5A team.  In the event Vidor pulls a win out next week against Ned, I am sure it will be something else as to "why" they won.  Not "just because Vidor played a great game" tonight.  I have much respect for all the teams in our district, as we all should.  ;)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1275236" timestamp="1347991711"]
I don't understand why nearly every post I read about Vidor seems to have a glaring overtone to it; which is nobody respects us, nobody gives us credit, nobody believes in us, Mathews isn't respected etc. Get over it already. I think most people have given credit where credit is due. Vidor fans seem to have this complex they can't get rid of. You have a great program going right now. Enjoy it instead of constantly trying to defend it. You may not have the tradition and history of programs like WO-S, PN-G, Ned, etc., but that doesn't mean people don't respect what Vidor has been doing over the last few years, which is building a good program. There is quite a bit of animosity toward Nederland and MC fans in general from some Vidor fans and I am not sure where it comes from. This isnt new either. It was this way even back when Vidor was a doormat. I don't know if it stems from the rivalry complex or what, but it seems almost childish at times. I know a lot of what's said is general smack talk, and I can definitely understand and appreciate that aspect, but enjoy the ride and don't get lured in to traps. Act like you've been there before. Let Friday nights do the talking, not who beat who by how many points in X amount of overtimes, etc. Nobody can dispute whether or not Vidor is a step up from where it's been in the past. Can Vidor sustain it and become a tradition-rich program? Only time will tell, but trying so desperately to demand respect overnight from everyone isn't going to get you there.
[/quote]

I can't speak for the rest of the fans on the board, only myself so here goes. First, I enjoy the smack talk as long as it stays about football and doesn't get into other crud. I'm a smart a__ and like it; why wouldn't you want to do that here...it's addictive. Especially when you do have a good football team, and we have a good football team. Second, we Pirates have enormous respect for the programs PNG and Nederland have...our goal all along has been to copy your success and we believe the formula is in place to do that. We're building on five pretty good years now and looking toward the future with some great kids coming up through Jeff's program. The problem is that a lot of people are condescending towards us because of our city's past whether some want to admit it or not; it gets really old after awhile and is a touchy subject. I think I've said this before but I'll say it again; there is about a nickel's difference between the kids @ Vidor, PNG, Ozen, Central, Ned, WOS...etc. I love it when people think they grow a better grade of child in their school district. Most of their parents work for petrochemical or petrochemical service industries. Vidor is no different. The demographics of our city have changed tremendously over the last 20 years and there are some extremely successful people that are from here and live here. The past is the past, we can't change that but we can change the future and have...GO PIRATES!!!

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1275236" timestamp="1347991711"]
[/quote]

GoDogs27..lol I think that Vidor is living rent free in your head right now..... ::)

[quote name="incognito" post="1275460" timestamp="1348006823"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=103335.msg1275236#msg1275236 date=1347991711]
[/quote]

GoDogs27..lol I think that Vidor is [b]living rent free [/b] in your head right now..... ::)
[/quote]LOL  :D :D Hilarious

[/quote]

GoDogs27..lol I think that Vidor is living rent free in your head right now..... ::)
[/quote]
Wow. I'm sorry but this is funny!

[/quote]

[/quote]
  :D :P

[/quote]

May be, but what's the difference in Nederland living rent free in the heads of some Vidorians for decades? My inquiry was to why Vidor doesn't just enjoy the success instead of always demanding respect from other cities. It wasn't meant as a sleight in any way. I wouldn't quite classify that as anyone being in my head. That usually require paranoia. And nothing will be free in 10 days.

Pirategirl should the Bulldogs lose next Friday there very well may be some Nederland fans make excuses for the loss, but just remember it was pirate fans last year who made excuses, you had players hurt, No. 9 for the dogs made a lucky catch on 4th down, and their were snide remarks that we bought the Refs. all these remarks were on this board last year. Just sayin

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi