• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1272405" timestamp="1347722274"]
[quote author=griff link=topic=103084.msg1272403#msg1272403 date=1347722154]
[quote author=Judex link=topic=103084.msg1272287#msg1272287 date=1347714854]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=103084.msg1271990#msg1271990 date=1347684604]
PAM would smash the Stangs to the center of the Earth. WO-S better concentrate on their 3A opponents cause your success hasn't been to stellar if you ask me. I thought you guys would dominate 3A.
[/quote]

Yeah, and I thought throwing all the potential from TJ and Lincoln together would [i]surely[/i] result in immediate success, but you guys somehow have managed to screw that up huh? We were the smallest 5A when we started this 3 decade donkey-stomp and we have always played teams bigger than us. Somehow we still have the best winning percentage in the state of Texas. Proof is in the pudding. Aren't you one of the same jawjackers that was coming on here talking about how Central would stomp us with all that speed and depth you guys squeaked by?
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, Judex.  PAM has never had top notch coaching to make them a consistent winner.  With the current formula, they will have the occassional big year with a few disappointing ones wrapped around them.  If you assigned the WO-S coaching staff to the PAM football team, that would be a ferocious program.
[/quote] Since Coach Harrison took over PAM has gotten better each year, look at the records. Numbers dont lie.  8)
[/quote]

Several years of consistent winning and playoff success will tell the full story.  That book isn't finished.  I'm not convinced just yet.  We'll see.

wow,okay  to judex a little education here. i will start off in the past, starting with why PAM wasnt this super power everyone thought we were going to be. #1. in 5a, i dont care how many athletes and talent you have thats hard to do. yes brook did it but that's like winning the lottery. what have they done since then?? back when PAM was consolidated, the feeder schools was doing there thing,the adults were back biting etc...unlike in wo-s to where it was a system in place. oh,by the way, wo-s didn't want no more of pam after jamaal  ran all over them during a game like scrimmage. after a couple of those,the pony boys tapped after getting donkey stomped. speaking of the past, when was the last title brought to wos?? it's about what have you done for me lately. when wos got moved to 3a, it was assumed titles would be rolling in...NOT!! that same assumption was and sometimes is still put on PAM. now in all honesty,put away your horse shoes,your dan hooks for pres. banners,your 80's state championship souvenier cup and ask yourself this...who in the golden triangle, the lakes(jasper moving south hitting newton,kirbyville,silsbee,lumberton,vidor, allthe schools...name one who can beat PAM right now. i guess you would say wos...well you are wrong. why? PAM has a true PROGRAM. a coach the kids have bought into. a system that is run from  pop warner to varsity. the same plays you see on friday night,you can see them on tues,thurs and sat. PAM is the dominant team in the area. wos only put up 14 against central?? wos FANS have little man syndrome. well some of them. this is what you here "we are a small 3a beating people bigger than us...we can beat brook, we can beat pam...bring em on". really?? really?? my advice for wos posters,stay in your lane, worry about trying to survive in 3a,because wos have not since they go there...oh wait 99 when wos was 4a,but you didn't bring it home. so what have wos done as of late??? PAM made it to the semi finals last year...what about wos??

Why is PA Memorial fans so cocky?? PA has great talent year in and year out I think PA has over 2500 kids at their school.. WOS is 50 kids away from being a 2A school, but big bad PA say it would b a good game but depth would get you guys in the 4th. What a joke!!! Let a 1A school challenge WOS I don't give a flying you know what who they are it won't be close at any point of the game! So all you PA fans saying you would beat WOS news flash your suppose to. But the chance of WOS beating you guys is just as high and as a matter of fact with the exception of last year it can be argued that dating back to 2006 WOS would have beaten you guys each year, because we are that dang good! So get off your we are big bad memorial crap! You guys are good but just because its even a debate about if WOS can beat y'all shows your not as good as you think you are! Name a 2A school who can beat WOS in the state?? Thre are about 3-6 3A schools that could beat PA and that's a true statement andybody being honest with themselves and not a blind fan will know I'm right..

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1272730" timestamp="1347738711"]
Why is PA Memorial fans so cocky?? PA has great talent year in and year out I think PA has over 2500 kids at their school.. [b]WOS is 50 kids away from being a 2A school[/b], but big bad PA say it would b a good game but depth would get you guys in the 4th. What a joke!!! Let a 1A school challenge WOS I don't give a flying you know what who they are it won't be close at any point of the game! So all you PA fans saying you would beat WOS news flash your suppose to. But the chance of WOS beating you guys is just as high and as a matter of fact with the exception of last year it can be argued that dating back to 2006 WOS would have beaten you guys each year, because we are that dang good! So get off your we are big bad memorial crap! You guys are good but just because its even a debate about if WOS can beat y'all shows your not as good as you think you are! Name a 2A school who can beat WOS in the state?? Thre are about 3-6 3A schools that could beat PA and that's a true statement andybody being honest with themselves and not a blind fan will know I'm right..
[/quote]

Let's get our facts straight. WO-S is not 50 kids from being a 2A school. ::)

WO-S enrollment is 686. That's 256 more than the cutoff for 2A.

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1272703" timestamp="1347736935"]
wow,okay  to judex a little education here. i will start off in the past, starting with why PAM wasnt this super power everyone thought we were going to be. #1. in 5a, i dont care how many athletes and talent you have thats hard to do. yes brook did it but that's like winning the lottery. what have they done since then?? back when PAM was consolidated, the feeder schools was doing there thing,the adults were back biting etc...unlike in wo-s to where it was a system in place. oh,by the way, wo-s didn't want no more of pam after jamaal  ran all over them during a game like scrimmage. after a couple of those,the pony boys tapped after getting donkey stomped. speaking of the past, when was the last title brought to wos?? it's about what have you done for me lately. when wos got moved to 3a, it was assumed titles would be rolling in...NOT!! that same assumption was and sometimes is still put on PAM. now in all honesty,put away your horse shoes,your dan hooks for pres. banners,your 80's state championship souvenier cup and ask yourself this...who in the golden triangle, the lakes(jasper moving south hitting newton,kirbyville,silsbee,lumberton,vidor, allthe schools...name one who can beat PAM right now. i guess you would say wos...well you are wrong. why? PAM has a true PROGRAM. a coach the kids have bought into. a system that is run from  pop warner to varsity. the same plays you see on friday night,you can see them on tues,thurs and sat. PAM is the dominant team in the area. wos only put up 14 against central?? wos FANS have little man syndrome. well some of them. this is what you here "we are a small 3a beating people bigger than us...we can beat brook, we can beat pam...bring em on". really?? really?? my advice for wos posters,stay in your lane, worry about trying to survive in 3a,because wos have not since they go there...oh wait 99 when wos was 4a,but you didn't bring it home. so what have wos done as of late??? PAM made it to the semi finals last year...what about wos??
[/quote]

How come you think  your so much better than us just because you made it 1 step further? No we couldn't survive in 5A long term, we don't have the numbers..but for one game we are capable of beating ANYONE.

Facts: All time records vs TJ (including the Dodge years) 9 wins-6 losses- 1 tie...against Lincoln 18 wins-1 loss-1 tie....all-time record against those schools..

27 wins - 7 losses - 2 ties.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1272736" timestamp="1347739101"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=103084.msg1272730#msg1272730 date=1347738711]
Why is PA Memorial fans so cocky?? PA has great talent year in and year out I think PA has over 2500 kids at their school.. [b]WOS is 50 kids away from being a 2A school[/b], but big bad PA say it would b a good game but depth would get you guys in the 4th. What a joke!!! Let a 1A school challenge WOS I don't give a flying you know what who they are it won't be close at any point of the game! So all you PA fans saying you would beat WOS news flash your suppose to. But the chance of WOS beating you guys is just as high and as a matter of fact with the exception of last year it can be argued that dating back to 2006 WOS would have beaten you guys each year, because we are that dang good! So get off your we are big bad memorial crap! You guys are good but just because its even a debate about if WOS can beat y'all shows your not as good as you think you are! Name a 2A school who can beat WOS in the state?? Thre are about 3-6 3A schools that could beat PA and that's a true statement andybody being honest with themselves and not a blind fan will know I'm right..
[/quote]

Let's get our facts straight. WO-S is not 50 kids from being a 2A school. ::)

WO-S enrollment is 686. That's 256 more than the cutoff for 2A.
[/quote]

Thanks for correcting the off-handed "Obama-ish" statement. :)

[quote name="bigd92" post="1272758" timestamp="1347739868"]
PAM fans didnt bring us into the fold some of your guys did. WO-S posters are the ones gloating and being annoying at this point.Best of luck to the Stangs.
[/quote]This^^^

and im still trying to see where [b]Memorial took WO-S off the schedule [/b] like one of the WO-S posters said in that wo-s/jags predictions thread  ;)

exactly bigd. pam gets flack for playing central and ozen and weak 5a schools lol...why would we want to play a little 3a and smash them?? and before you spout off numbers,know your facts like aaw said. PAM does not have over 2500. we are actually the second smallest school in district lp or brook is smaller by a couple. we are in the 2200-2300 range. i'm not a cocky pam fan. read my post. i'm very critical of the titans,but i do know that NO team in the golden triangle area and the areas i mentioned,can not beat them...this year,last year,year before that etc...the one horrible year the titans were simply pitiful was the rita year and one year between then and 08. from 09 to now,PAM has been the top dog.period.

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1272703" timestamp="1347736935"]
[/quote]

I am not sure how you think you are educating me here. No one - NO ONE - will dispute who has the most firmly established "Program" in Southeast Texas. You know it, we all know it and it's why everyone hates us - respectfully or not. It actually [i]means something[/i] to [i]earn[/i] a silver helmet. There's a reason that we have never fielded very many players, but the ones that do make it and stay with it can go 4 quarters like no other team. Every year we were stomping Lincoln and TJ, they had just as much, if not more actual "talent" on the field. Many of those kids went on to much more successful football careers after high school, when they actually got to "programs" that knew how to utilize their talent. At WO-S, not only have we had the horses but we have had the type of "program" that capitalizes on all the talent that our players possess. I like PAM. I pull for all Southeast Texas teams. I want to see PAM succeed and I hope that you guys have finally put together a "Program." But you ain't there yet. You need to sit and have some patience son. I can tell you this - if Jamaal Charles had been at WO-S, we would have made a helluva lot more noise than you guys did - probably be hanging [i]another[/i] state championship banner on the wall ;)

that's the problem...wos was good. now just...avg. don't come on here acting like wos actually cut people smh..they have so few little players because of lack of economic growth. that walmart aint packing them in anymore!! wos have no choice but to play a few kids!! no one said PAM are world beaters,but some wos are acting like they are. let me tell ya something else, besides coles short lived nfl career and one other wr, and earl thomas,who else??? PAM/port arthur has placed more players in the nfl and major d1 schools than ANY town/city in the triangle,since you want to go there. wos is a shell of the old days. hooks was wos. now they can only hoist district championships over the likes of orange field, bridge city,etc...wooww tough district ::)

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1272881" timestamp="1347745215"]
that's the problem...wos was good. now just...avg. don't come on here acting like wos actually cut people smh..they have so few little players because of lack of economic growth. that walmart aint packing them in anymore!! wos have no choice but to play a few kids!! no one said PAM are world beaters,but some wos are acting like they are. let me tell ya something else, besides coles short lived nfl career and one other wr, and earl thomas,who else??? PAM/port arthur has placed more players in the nfl and major d1 schools than ANY town/city in the triangle,since you want to go there. wos is a shell of the old days. hooks was wos. now they can only hoist district championships over the likes of orange field, bridge city,etc...wooww tough district ::)
[/quote]

Hooks? You really don't get it. All we do is win. I didn't say we cut people. They quit. They go elsewhere to play. That's a fact.

Thanks for making my argument for me. Like I said, you guys have done less with more actual talent. THAT'S my point.

P.S. Don't disrespect Kevin Smith like that. You clearly must be a Cowboys hater too, lol ;)

[quote name="Judex" post="1272885" timestamp="1347745679"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103084.msg1272881#msg1272881 date=1347745215]
[/quote]

Hooks? You really don't get it. All we do is win. I didn't say we cut people. They quit. They go elsewhere to play. That's a fact.

Thanks for making my argument for me. Like I said, [b]you guys have done less with more actual talent[/b]. THAT'S my point.

P.S. Don't disrespect Kevin Smith like that. You clearly must be a Cowboys hater too, lol ;)
[/quote]you could also say the football program has done more with the talent with [b]less coaching [/b] pre-coach harrison years  ;)

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1272881" timestamp="1347745215"]
[/quote]

I am not from WOS but year in and year out dating back to when WOS was formed there is no other school in this area that has had the success WOS has. Not many lean years for them. The only other school would be Newton. Would PAM beat both of these schools, probably so but it would be a battle. But if you look at long term programs, there is no comparison. PAM is not in the same league, WOS and Newton basically has had the same coaching staff for 25+ years. Plus I promise you this when ever you can coach the same style for that many years there is an advantage. The main advantage is the parents and kids buy into the system. Cornel left WOS, guess what it was not long and he was back. Why because I have seen WOS in pads on a thursday. How many schools are in pads on thursday in this day and time? My guess is WOS and maybe Newton and their record speaks for itself.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1272738" timestamp="1347739181"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103084.msg1272703#msg1272703 date=1347736935]
[/quote]

How come you think  your so much better than us just because you made it 1 step further? No we couldn't survive in 5A long term, we don't have the numbers..but for one game we are capable of beating ANYONE.

Facts: [u][b]All time records vs TJ [/b][/u](including the Dodge years) 9 wins-6 losses- 1 tie...against [b][u]Lincoln[/u][/b] 18 wins-1 loss-1 tie....all-time record against those schools..

[/quote]

Man you guys can't even have a debate about PAM without going back to those schools. The city of PA has moved on. The school has moved into forward progress. Now every time someone form other surrounding cities "SUCK PAM INTO" their debates that's what the do, back to the past. And for the record it was you WOS/Central fans that brought PAM into this debate since you guys brought us into this riddle me this... which of you WOS fans remember about 3 years ago when Singleton and Seales were in the 10th grade and PAM's JV tore up Dan R Hooks stadium?

getting out of hand...okay nobody is questioning wos history or anything. it's the now. remember,wos fans dragged wb and pam into this. so,with that being said...wos will never and i mean never win another state title. why?? well there are other powerhouse 3a's that are far more superior. get outside that corner in texas and wos is not feared...trust me. if so,since dropping to 3a,they would have been relivent. they are a powerhouse int the triangle...just like PAM. yes i said it. get outside of 21 5a and the air is a little thinner. PAM and everyone knows it that it could be ugly if we played ANY of the teams in that area. westbrook is the only school in the triangle that had our number,as we had westbrooks the first 3-4 years. kids quiting?? doubt it,but if that makes you cuddle with mr. teddy to sleep better at night then go for it. ever wonder why lcm is on the rise?? because everyone is moving from wos!!!!!! and taking the kids with them!!!you have under 650 students...man,lawd lol  hey ghost,they are winless against us in scrimmages lol...we have beaten them and made them tap lol

I agree with you that "NO" Team in the area (GT) has much of a chance to reach the title game muchless win a state championship. But I can promise you this, teams around the state of Texas know who WOS and Newton are. Regardless if they make it to that title game are not. Even "NOW" as you say they know and they also know they will have a battle on their hands.  I agree WOS has not made the noise in 3A like everyone thought but that being said anything can happen on any given friday night. Did not read the whole thread got in on the end but just an observation that If kids do quit the mustang program and I am sure they do, it is because they could not handle the hard work or discipline that is required to succeed. I say let them quit and if you only have 11 left then that 11 will fight till the end. It is all about being hungry and motivated. Some kids have it, some don't.  Plain and simple.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1272730" timestamp="1347738711"]
[b][u]Why is PA Memorial fans so cocky?? [/u][/b]PA has great talent year in and year out I think PA has over 2500 kids at their school.. WOS is 50 kids away from being a 2A school, but big bad PA say it would b a good game but depth would get you guys in the 4th. What a joke!!! Let a 1A school challenge WOS I don't give a flying you know what who they are it won't be close at any point of the game! So all you PA fans saying you would beat WOS news flash your suppose to. But the chance of WOS beating you guys is just as high and as a matter of fact with the exception of last year it can be argued that dating back to 2006 WOS would have beaten you guys each year, because we are that dang good! So get off your we are big bad memorial crap! You guys are good but just because its even a debate about if WOS can beat y'all shows your not as good as you think you are! Name a 2A school who can beat WOS in the state?? Thre are about 3-6 3A schools that could beat PA and that's a true statement andybody being honest with themselves and not a blind fan will know I'm right..
[/quote]

You call PAM fans "cocky" but wasn't it a WOS fan that started the thread "WOS mustangs 24a district CHAMPS!!!" (exactly how its typed) So what exactly do you call that?

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1272947" timestamp="1347748570"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=103084.msg1272738#msg1272738 date=1347739181]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103084.msg1272703#msg1272703 date=1347736935]
[/quote]

Facts: [u][b]All time records vs TJ [/b][/u](including the Dodge years) 9 wins-6 losses- 1 tie...against [b][u]Lincoln[/u][/b] 18 wins-1 loss-1 tie....all-time record against those schools..

[/quote]

Man you guys can't even have a debate about PAM without going back to those schools. The city of PA has moved on. The school has moved into forward progress. Now every time someone form other surrounding cities "SUCK PAM INTO" their debates that's what the do, back to the past. And for the record it was you WOS/Central fans that brought PAM into this debate since you guys brought us into this riddle me this... which of you WOS fans remember about 3 years ago when Singleton and Seales were in the 10th grade and PAM's JV tore up Dan R Hooks stadium?
[/quote]

Listen I root for PAM when they are in the playoffs, I respect PAM. You guys are good. Where I have a problem is when someone says we would have no chance against you guys. That's incorrect. As far as best  program in the area, when you have more than 3 or 4 years of winning tradition get back to us. Not many schools in Texas history can boast the winning tradition of WOS or even Newton.

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1272997" timestamp="1347751304"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=103084.msg1272730#msg1272730 date=1347738711]
[b][u]Why is PA Memorial fans so cocky?? [/u][/b]PA has great talent year in and year out I think PA has over 2500 kids at their school.. WOS is 50 kids away from being a 2A school, but big bad PA say it would b a good game but depth would get you guys in the 4th. What a joke!!! Let a 1A school challenge WOS I don't give a flying you know what who they are it won't be close at any point of the game! So all you PA fans saying you would beat WOS news flash your suppose to. But the chance of WOS beating you guys is just as high and as a matter of fact with the exception of last year it can be argued that dating back to 2006 WOS would have beaten you guys each year, because we are that dang good! So get off your we are big bad memorial crap! You guys are good but just because its even a debate about if WOS can beat y'all shows your not as good as you think you are! Name a 2A school who can beat WOS in the state?? Thre are about 3-6 3A schools that could beat PA and that's a true statement andybody being honest with themselves and not a blind fan will know I'm right..
[/quote]

You call PAM fans "cocky" but wasn't it a WOS fan that started the thread "WOS mustangs 24a district CHAMPS!!!" (exactly how its typed) So what exactly do you call that?
[/quote]

I call that incorrect, we haven't played Nederland or Vidor in a real game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn