19-4A & 20-4A ELIMINATOR CHALLENGE

Puma42

Once you pick a team, you can't pick that team for the rest of the season again. So you'll have to make your decisions wisely and strategically. Do you pick one of the district favorites right away or hold on to them as long as possible? Do you want to take a chance on a potential cellar dweller in a potentially favorable matchup? [b]Once you pick a team that loses a game, you're out of the running.[/b] So anyone that wants to participate post your pick for Week 1 in this thread. Friday @ 5 PM is the deadline to enter, no more entries after that. You can choose from the following teams:

[b]19-4A[/b]
Barbers Hill Eagles vs. Lumberton
Dayton Broncos @ Livingston
New Caney Eagles @ Houston Spring Woods
Crosby Cougars vs. Willis
Humble Wildcats @ Channelview
Humble Summer Creek Bulldogs - OPEN
Kingwood Park Panthers vs. Richmond George Ranch
Porter Spartans @ Conroe Caney Creek
C.E. King Panthers @ Richmond Foster

[b]20-4A[/b]
Nederland Bulldogs vs. Goose Creek Memorial
Port Neches-Groves Indians vs. West Orange Stark
Vidor Pirates @ Bridge City
Lumberton Raiders @ Barbers Hill
Livingston Lions vs. Dayton
Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears @ Silsbee
Beaumont Central Jaguars @ Westbrook
Beaumont Ozen Panthers vs. Port Arthur Memorial

**I'll keep track of everyone's weekly picks and alert the user if they pick the same team twice. After Week 1, the deadline to pick for the next week will be on Thursday nights at 9 PM so I'll have time to notify users if they pick a team they have already picked earlier in the season. If a user picks a team previously, is notified by me, and they fail to change their pick before 5 PM on Friday, they are automatically disqualified. If anyone that participates in the 1st week and doesn't submit a pick in the 2nd week, etc.. they will also be automatically disqualified.**

Sorry to other districts that I left out. If I added more, it would become too easy. If I get enough participation this year, I'll expand and do several next year involving other districts.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1259817" timestamp="1346717702"]
Ok, just to review, I can pick any team in 19-4A and 20-4A. If that team wins, I'm in for another week but I can't pick that particular team again. If that team loses, I'm out for the rest of the season.

Do I have this down or am I missing something?
[/quote]

That is correct sir!

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1259822" timestamp="1346717874"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102528.msg1259817#msg1259817 date=1346717702]
Ok, just to review, I can pick any team in 19-4A and 20-4A. If that team wins, I'm in for another week but I can't pick that particular team again. If that team loses, I'm out for the rest of the season.

Do I have this down or am I missing something?
[/quote]

That is correct sir!
[/quote]

Alright. I'm going to go with Barbers Hill this week.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1259837" timestamp="1346719003"]
Will this only last through the regular season or into the playoffs?
[/quote]

Just through the regular season. I thought of a way I could make it go through playoffs, but what if you picked all the playoff teams during the regular season and when you reach the playoffs you have no teams to pick? It could add a [i]very[/i] strategic aspect to this, in that you would want to save the teams you think are going to make the playoffs so you'd have to pick Lumberton, for example (no offense), to win a match-up and that could make things a lot more riskier and the elimination rate would shoot through the roof.

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1259875" timestamp="1346721306"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102528.msg1259837#msg1259837 date=1346719003]
Will this only last through the regular season or into the playoffs?
[/quote]

Just through the regular season. I thought of a way I could make it go through playoffs, but what if you picked all the playoff teams during the regular season and when you reach the playoffs you have no teams to pick? It could add a [i]very[/i] strategic aspect to this, in that you would want to save the teams you think are going to make the playoffs so you'd have to pick Lumberton, for example (no offense), to win a match-up and that could make things a lot more riskier and the elimination rate would shoot through the roof.
[/quote]

Alright. I'll stick with Barbers Hill then. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder