• Bridge city 7 or less
    • Newton in a blowout
    • Bridge city in a blowout

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EagleFan01
Newton throws the ball really well not sure what you have seen. They had to incomplete passes against Buna and one of them was an over thrown ball by the sophmore back up quarterback and the other was a dropped pass by one of the young recievers other than that they threw and caught the ball really well. Not sure what you were seeing. You are in for a rude awakening if you think kville will beat Newton yall are the ones without a passing game you still don't have a quarterback who can throw a good pass over ten yards.

[quote name="Bobcatfan4life" post="1251177" timestamp="1345929852"]
The post Menard, Dishon etc. era begins
[/quote]

Don't rejoice just yet Bobcats, the cupboard is far from empty and y'all still have some work to do.[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=102060.msg1251891#msg1251891 date=1346013448]

Newton throws the ball really well not sure what you have seen. They had to incomplete passes against Buna and one of them was an over thrown ball by the sophmore back up quarterback and the other was a dropped pass by one of the young recievers other than that they threw and caught the ball really well. Not sure what you were seeing. You are in for a rude awakening if you think kville will beat Newton yall are the ones without a passing game you still don't have a quarterback who can throw a good pass over ten yards.
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, and with absolutely no disrespect meant to Newton, how did the passing game go in your scrimmage against Buna? I saw in a previous thread that Newton only attempted 8 passes against Silsbee and completed 2. BC is adjusting to a new team without some key players from last year. So far they appear to be a balanced attack between passing and running. The defense is certainly holding their own so far as well. BC knows they will have their hands full with Newtons rushing attack, no doubt. Newton will also have their hands full with BC's balanced attack that will force Newton to respect both the pass and the run. If Newton is one dimensional and does not pass enough to keep BC from stacking the box it may be a smashmouth kind of night. BC must keep turnovers down and finish drives if they want to pick up a win. This has the potential to be a really good one. Looking forward to seeing the backs from Newton that are so highly touted, they will surely be a tough test.

Hoping for a BC win    27-21

Rake1

Newton, 21-13. BC will compete well and keep it close. I think a late score seperates this one. But, as for Newton not having a passing game at all...your opinion is based off what? lol you obviously know nothing about what youre talking about, based on your previous posts. Why would anyone take you serious this time? Lol

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1252202" timestamp="1346036154"]
Newton, 21-13. BC will compete well and keep it close. I think a late score seperates this one. [b]But, as for Newton not having a passing game at all...your opinion is based off what? lol you obviously know nothing about what youre talking about, based on your previous posts. Why would anyone take you serious this time? Lol
[/quote][/b]

Hopefully this is meant for Kville.....? I certainly never implied anything like this. I was simply and respectfully asking how Newton did in their 2nd scrimmage, nothing more.

Rake1

Guest EagleFan01
Newton did really well in the second scrimmage against Buna. They threw the ball well and ran it well. They have a really affective passing game.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1252150" timestamp="1346033633"]
[quote author=Bobcatfan4life link=topic=102060.msg1251177#msg1251177 date=1345929852]
[/quote]

Don't rejoice just yet Bobcats, the cupboard is far from empty and y'all still have some work to do.[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=102060.msg1251891#msg1251891 date=1346013448]

[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, and with absolutely no disrespect meant to Newton, how did the passing game go in your scrimmage against Buna? I saw in a previous thread that Newton only attempted 8 passes against Silsbee and completed 2. BC is adjusting to a new team without some key players from last year. So far they appear to be a balanced attack between passing and running. The defense is certainly holding their own so far as well. BC knows they will have their hands full with Newtons rushing attack, no doubt. Newton will also have their hands full with BC's balanced attack that will force Newton to respect both the pass and the run. If Newton is one dimensional and does not pass enough to keep BC from stacking the box it may be a smashmouth kind of night. BC must keep turnovers down and finish drives if they want to pick up a win. This has the potential to be a really good one. Looking forward to seeing the backs from Newton that are so highly touted, they will surely be a tough test.

Rake1
[/quote]

[quote name="Rake1" post="1252150" timestamp="1346033633"]
[quote author=Bobcatfan4life link=topic=102060.msg1251177#msg1251177 date=1345929852]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

Newton does lean more to the rushing attack, but we have the same QB that threw for 1280 yards last year. There is enough of a pass threat to respect it.

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1252357" timestamp="1346074585"]
Newton did really well in the second scrimmage against Buna. They threw the ball well and ran it well. They have a really affective passing game.

[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=102060.msg1252150#msg1252150 date=1346033633]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]
[/quote]

Sounds like Newton has solid threats both rushing and passing. I only saw the stats from the first scrimmage and obviously those were a little misleading if they threw the ball well against Buna in the 2nd scrimmage. Looking forward to a good game.

Rake1

QB Dean threw some real accurate passes in the scrimmage,  he had one droped in the end zone that he weeded inbetween 2 buna defenders.  Also he threw several on the run that where right on target, They have 3 guys over 6"2 that they run out on passing plays so that helps Dean alot finding a open receivers. I see alot more balanced attack this year and the Defense looks good but the D-line needs work. Oline was alot stronger this week with many earning there starting jobs this week, They didn't look ready for tough competion yet in the 2 Scrimmages, With Newton you never know what Newton Is going to show up to play , they are extremely talented  but Confidence and Consistency has yet to be seen the last few years.

[quote name="Back2swag" post="1252448" timestamp="1346078944"]
QB Dean threw some real accurate passes in the scrimmage,  he had one droped in the end zone that he weeded inbetween 2 buna defenders.  Also he threw several on the run that where right on target, They have 3 guys over 6"2 that they run out on passing plays so that helps Dean alot finding a open receivers. I see alot more balanced attack this year and the Defense looks good but the D-line needs work. Oline was alot stronger this week with many earning there starting jobs this week, They didn't look ready for tough competion yet in the 2 Scrimmages, With Newton you never know what Newton Is going to show up to play , they are extremely talented  but Confidence and Consistency has yet to be seen the last few years.
[/quote] Newton didn't look all that impressive. Buna had their way with the running game. Should be a good game with the Cards. I wouldn't be surprise if BC wins though.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1252720" timestamp="1346095049"]
[quote author=Back2swag link=topic=102060.msg1252448#msg1252448 date=1346078944]
[/quote] Newton didn't look all that impressive. Buna had their way with the running game. Should be a good game with the Cards. I wouldn't be surprise if BC wins though.
[/quote]
Oh your absolutely right and dead on with your observations. That was why Buna scored so many times during the scrimmage. I lie awake at night worried that Kirbyville is such a powerhouse that we can't win, no matter what. I wish you would stop posting so I could get back to sleeping again! :o

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1253016" timestamp="1346126164"]
[quote author=tjcfan08 link=topic=102060.msg1252827#msg1252827 date=1346102235]
OUCH!!!!  ;D ;D
[/quote] Might as well get all the rest now because he'll be sick later after Kirbyville get through tearing them Eagles off the BONE!!!
[/quote]

Dude, what are you smoking?  You know there is no way Kirbyville is going to beat Newton this year!!

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1253689" timestamp="1346211727"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=102060.msg1253016#msg1253016 date=1346126164]
OUCH!!!!  ;D ;D
[/quote] Might as well get all the rest now because he'll be sick later after Kirbyville get through tearing them Eagles off the BONE!!!
[/quote]

Dude, what are you smoking?  You know there is no way Kirbyville is going to beat Newton this year!!
[/quote] Why I got to be smoking?? I've seen Newton, They have the same kind of kids we have, but Kirbyville have more depth.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1253707" timestamp="1346219895"]
[quote author=tjcfan08 link=topic=102060.msg1253689#msg1253689 date=1346211727]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=102060.msg1253016#msg1253016 date=1346126164]
OUCH!!!!  ;D ;D
[/quote]

[/quote] Why I got to be smoking?? I've seen Newton, They have the same kind of kids we have, but Kirbyville have more depth.
[/quote]
Yep, that's why Newton went 2-9 last year, oh wait that was Kirbyville. Because Kirbyville stunk last year all the way through JV and had very limited talent all the way through JV. So this year they are loaded with Superman and the Justice League and will "dominate"(not my word) this district. Maybe "dominate" doesn't mean the same in Kirbyville as it does in Newton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder