PNG vs Texas City Predictions????

[quote name="dmeast11111" post="1249866" timestamp="1345791261"]
Where are all the PNG fans??? It has been really quiet this preseason.... :-X :-X :-X :-X
[/quote]

Most PNG fans don't get on here and run their heads like some other school fans (Vidor). This years team has alot of question marks and cannot be answer until after the scrimmage.

Guest KHS 89
We should get a better picture after tonight. 

I hope Texas City exposes all of our weaknesses so we can build on improving towards the non-district schedule leading into district. 

It's gonna be tough this year, however - the faithful will be there to support the Indians!

Im am here and there and everywhere, been following the bulldogs the last two weeks. not impressed with what i saw, but just being honest. It is early and i know that they are just practices but from what i have seen the running game is non existent, due to line issues, and lack of size and speed from their backfield. i think Carson will be alright receivers need to catch the balls that are hitting them in the hands. as for us well im going tonight and i will call it like i see it, btw lil tex that hat was outrageous, lol. I m curious to see how the offense and defense look against someone besides ourselves. hopefully our weaknesses will be exposed and we can address these issues as they arise. I promise i wont hold back. My moto is " it is what it is" hopefully the  rain will burn off by this evening.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1249968" timestamp="1345816682"]
My co-workers say PNG o-line is huge wide-outs are tall and I saw the qb in the spring game and he is around 6'5" or maybe even taller so I just cant put a thumb on them because there boys seem to be sound yet you PNG folks seem nervous about it including my co-worker.
[/quote]

This comes from the unproven starters. These Seniors didn't have a good start back in 8th and 9th grades. These kids were incoming freshman Faircloth's first year, so we'll see how he gromed these kids the past 4 years.

My co-workers say PNG o-line is huge wide-outs are tall and I saw the qb in the spring game and he is around 6'5" or maybe even taller so I just cant put a thumb on them because there boys seem to be sound yet you PNG folks seem nervous about it including my co-worker.
[/quote]

That is correct. We have about 10 lineman that have good size. The QB is tall and the WR's have height. The issue I see is outside of that the overall size was not there. Besides Mangini and Peveto you would be hard pressed to find a kid over 6'0" and maybe 5'10" (I am talking the other D-End, d-line, LB's, DB's). So we need to be real fast or really fundamentally sound on defense and our QB who has all the tools needs to be real accurate. The scrimmage will show if we have those things are not.

[/quote]

Our real play-makers mostly graduated. We lost Miller, Nelson, Bertrand and Romero, just to name a few. I like the potential this group has and they're in great hands when it comes to coaching, but people get anxious when the big names on the team all graduate.

But I still feel confident about our chances. This isn't the first time we've been in this position under Faircloth, and he worked wonders last time.

We may have alot of seniors this year, but after this year PNG will be tough for the next 3-4 years with the groups coming up. Looks to be some good teams. But I haven't given up on this years team, this is PNG and with the great coaching we have anything is possible!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder