Barbers Hill will not play in the Gulf Coast Classic

we cant play because of a schedule mistake.....if we were to play in the GCC we would break a UIL rule that says you can only play so many games a year and would have to forfeit a district game

Like who is manning the boys bb program is a question that I would pose if a parent. Not real bright guys.

it was an honest mistake...i mean honestly...do you think it was done on purpose? no...yeah we will miss out on some good games...they made a mistake...it happens...life and basketball will go on without the classic... it was an honest mistake so just let it go...im not tryin to be mean but people have been talkin about it all morning...people make mistakes at least it was found and corrected before we had to forefit a district game

yeah we will miss out on some good games...but life and basketball will go on without the classic... it was an honest mistake so just let it go...im not tryin to be mean but people have been talkin about it all morning...people make mistakes at least it was found and corrected before we had to forefit a district game

I tell you what your boys bb team is going to make some serious noise this year. I almost fell out when you guys took out Crosby last week. :shock: Yea your right it is a honest mistake but hard to tell that to a group of seniors playing their last year in their own backyard.

Reddog' date=' it is the same coaching staff that beat Crosby and quite a few other teams that you are getting on. It was a mistake, but it will be made worse by people like you who want to stir it up.[/quote']

Cuz if I am the only problem that you have in BH today you are a very lucky person and town.

Reddog' date=' it is the same coaching staff that beat Crosby and quite a few other teams that you are getting on. It was a mistake, but it will be made worse by people like you who want to stir it up.[/quote']

I'm with Reddog on this one fellas! It may take a good coach to win on the court, but UIL rules and procedures in basketball are elementary and could be followed by a monkey!!!!! You can call it a mistake all you want, and I'm sure it is, but this is a total embarrassment.

Here is the link to answer your question on the scheduling of games.

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/policy/constitution/athletics/06_07sec1230.pdf

BH will play on the opening day against Caney Creek. It count as a non-tournament game. This will be the only game for BH. Below is a link to the new bracket.

http://eteamz.active.com/bheagles/files/BOYS14-TEAMBRACKETrevised12-19-06.pdf

some of yo uhave proved my point just by the wording of your posts....Because Caney Creek is a participant in the Gulf Coast Classic, and CC and Barbers Hill are playing a game against each other on Thursda, which is a Tournament Day, it could easily be misconstrued to be a tournament game.

I'm just saying that you said make sure there's no doubt or room for someone to say otherwise. It doesn's matter how many tournament games they play, if they are a tournament participant, it's a violation.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder