Hardin/Evadale Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Good scrimmage, both teams scored x 1,  both team put together long drives, that fizzled out, Hardin on a 4th and long 5, Evadale on a fumble.  Hardin looks better then in previous year,  ran the ball well,  still a lot of work to go. Evadale had a few nice passes, they should surprise some people. The Hardin kids seem to have more energy, new Coach has done very well .

Guest September23
Good scrimmage, but scored "once" on a farely weak 1a team?
Nice standards!

What can we expect out of Hardin these days? 2000-2010 - 5/6 good seasons.

Since then, fail.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion,  imo it was just that a good scrimmage,  as bad as Hardin has looked over the last 10 to 15 yrs, I see a good improvement.  I have been there when it was painful to watch them play,  I actually enjoyed this scrimmage, and am looking forward to the continued improvement.  Come watch a scrimmage or game, see if you see a better team then they have had in the most recent years.

Guest September23
10-15 years?

Hardin had the most talent it ever had, from 2000-2003. Then it had a couple good seasons in the last five years, where one team actually WON a playoff game.

Apparantly you are referencing ALL THE BAD TEAMS from the 1984-1999 teams.

Please tell me that is what you are talking about.

Let me make a statement, because I played in Hardin, and I know talent when I see it.
Hardin will be good in years to come, but it will take about 7-10 more years before you see it.

[quote name="September23" post="1248160" timestamp="1345571010"]
10-15 years?

Hardin had the most talent it ever had, from 2000-2003. Then it had a couple good seasons in the last five years, where one team actually WON a playoff game.

Apparantly you are referencing ALL THE BAD TEAMS from the 1984-1999 teams.

Please tell me that is what you are talking about.

Let me make a statement, because I played in Hardin, and I know talent when I see it.
Hardin will be good in years to come, but it will take about 7-10 more years before you see it.
[/quote]Can I ask you a Question? What kind of talent was you, and do you still live in this community? If so What are you doing to help the kids in this community to develop their talent? Are you saying 7-10 more years because that's when your kid will be playing or what? Please explain.

I have seen the few good yrs and the bad yrs,  it may be awhile before Hardin is as good as 2000 to 2003, but they are moving in the right direction. But I'll continue to support them regardless, as I always have.  Will you be there Friday for the scrimmage ?

Guest September23
2000-2003

The entire community of Liberty County witnessed loads of talent, strength, power, size and speed. The games were different, because it had not yet evolved into the (air it out) style you see now. It was still smash mouth football, but it featured speed and agility with players of all sorts, all over the communtiy. From Cedric Reescano's to Michael Bracewell's to Anthony Chambers and Tony Bua's. To TJ, Dusty, the mere size of HD big men, the talent in West Hardin, even with some suspect coaching "had success". The talent in Dayton was birthed around the same time. Traditions began again, in these schools. Liberty dominated a decade. Dayton is still on a run. HD was very successful from late 90's on into the 2000's. WH has found success, in the 2000's. In Hardin, we have seen this talent drop off, but we did have a wave of kids in 2007-2008 that were extremely special. Can you compare the two waves? Probably not, because it was a different approach to the game. In 2007-2008, Hardin featured an aerial attack, that nobody at any level had seen in the community of Liberty County "ever". Now, its nothing to see a 400 yard passing/game attack, anywhere in the community. The game is changing, but I have been keeping my eyes closely on the kids in Hardin, that won the superbowl this past year, and it reminded me much of the kids in the community back in the early 90's. We will see, how things go from here out in Hardin. My guess, is things began to evolve, but at a slow pace. We have to have some consistancy here, within a system, it must be driven in at an early age. If these kids can stay healthy and together, not telling where it can take them.

Hope this brings clarity to some of the confusion.

[quote name="hornet06" post="1248434" timestamp="1345601717"]
Back to Back Bi-District Champs in 2007 and 2008... Other than that not much history to the Hardin Program.
[/quote]

Hardin has only 1 playoff game in its illustrious history. So I guess in Hardin when you do manage 2nd place and have a first round bye, you are now 'Bi-District Champs'.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder