Beaumont Kelly/Warren/Hull-Daisetta Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Warren's 1st team off vs Kelly 1st team def to start. Kelly defense looked pretty good. Warren was able to pick up one or two first downs over the 15 plays but Kelly stopped them on several 3rd downs and only allowed about 30-40 totals yards with resets to 30yd line if 1st down wasn't picked up in three downs. Kelly inside LB #8 stood out to me. Warren did have positive yardage on most plays but no big plays and Kelly kept them out of the end zone.

Hull-Daisetta 1st team off vs Warren 1st team defense. HD marched 70 yards on 11 plays ending in a short touchdown run in by QB Austin Edmundson. Good runs by Tyler Drake and Derrell Lavalais. Offense line for HD was very impressive. One more 1st down was picked up by HD before their 15 plays were up. #55 from Warren is a big kid and is a load at DT.

Kelly 1st team off vs Hull-Daisetta 1st team defense. Kelly started off with a nice completion for a first down on their second snap. The Bobcat defense stepped up on the next three plays creating a loss on a sweep, a big hit on a dive by Derrell Lavalais for no gain, then a big loss on a sack. Kelly reset their own 30 again. Back and forth for five or six plays with minor gains. Kelly QB had a good run (about 30yards) that was called back on a hold. Kelly completed a long pass down inside the HD 5yard line. HD created an incompletion on first down and the Bobcat defense came up with a big play stopping Kelly's tailback for a big loss on the Bulldog's final allotted play not allowing a score.

HD's second team offense picked up a couple first downs vs Kelly's 2nd team def before the scrimmage was called for lightning.

HD scored the only touchdown of the scrimmage and they were not reset on downs.

Overall I think HD looked the best in the scrimmage. Kelly has some good athletes and their passing game would have given HD trouble in a full game. I would have liked to have seen HD 1st O vs Kelly 1st D. Warren has a bunch of big kids and they are well coached and may surprise a few folks. Lots of room for improvement by all teams but considering the shortened time, it was good experience.

Good post HDBobcat9. Bobcats drive 70 yards and score on the first Finney Era drive. HD looked real crisp and disciplined on offense. Coach Huckaby's slot-t offense looked awesome. Having Finney and Huckaby both on one team Coaching is awesome! Yes, Coach Huckaby formerly the HC at Orangefield. HD's slot-t is the real deal! The HD o-line and d-line dominated. The HD backfield was perfect with timing and chemistry. HD Bobcats!!!!

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1246646" timestamp="1345261552"]
How did Kelly look? WS has them on the 31st in the opener.
[/quote]

This is surely not the same Kelly team from last year that beat East Chambers and Hampshire Fannett. They have a strong armed QB that appears to have good accuracy and a few sure handed receivers. O-Line appears to be a weakness and I'm not sure that they will have much of a running game at all. Their defense was average but Warren was able to pound them just never broke any big gainers. Just based off this scrimmage, I think if WS is as good or better than they were last year, then the Tigers will win. Better be able to defend the spread passing attack tho.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1246647" timestamp="1345261672"]
Huck is the OC at HD? Glad to know his "health problems" have cleared up  :)
[/quote]

What?  Did you think that you guys would run a GREAT coach out of town and he would just sit around and pout?  He left gracefully.  I'm sure he'd love to have said that the school board and community gave him problems so he was rolling out, but he took the high road.  Ofields loss is HD's gain. 

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1246681" timestamp="1345263673"]
[quote author=pinelandflash link=topic=101708.msg1246646#msg1246646 date=1345261552]
How did Kelly look? WS has them on the 31st in the opener.
[/quote]

This is surely not the same Kelly team from last year that beat East Chambers and Hampshire Fannett. They have a strong armed QB that appears to have good accuracy and a few sure handed receivers. O-Line appears to be a weakness and I'm not sure that they will have much of a running game at all. Their defense was average but Warren was able to pound them just never broke any big gainers. Just based off this scrimmage, I think if WS is as good or better than they were last year, then the Tigers will win. Better be able to defend the spread passing attack tho.
[/quote] our O-line is DEFINITELY our weak point it is going to be up to them if we have a good season our QB is a three year starter and is very good. Our RB got good playing time as a freshman last year and averaged around 6 yards per carry I believe so he is good but can't do anything without an O-line. We have a couple good receivers and if they don't perform well this could be a long season. I think we have to rely on passing. That said I will be personally very surprised if we lose to WS I just don't see it happening.

Went to the scrimmage and Kelly didn't impress me one bit. The football play and jut the atmosphere. It's a whole lot different then last year I personally didn see alot of coaching going on alot of standing around by coaches. Defenately a different team I don't see them winning one game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami