WHAT IF ?

I was asked a question today and I was not sure how to respond. I am a PN-G graduate, but Brock Pryor for Nederland is my son. That being said here is the question. If Nederland goes to the Reservation and beats PN-G for the third straight year will Faircloths  job be in jeopardy?

[quote name="phunter308" post="1245021" timestamp="1344990953"]
I was asked a question today and I was not sure how to respond. I am a PN-G graduate, but Brock Pryor for Nederland is my son. That being said here is the question. If Nederland goes to the Reservation and beats PN-G for the third straight year will Faircloths  job be in jeopardy?
[/quote]If it is i'd lose all respect for PNG.

Although, you can never say never as 20 coaching positions changed this past off season, I don't think that Coach Faircloth is on any hotseat.

Under him, the Indians have consistently made the playoffs.  As big a rivalry as Mid-County Madness is, I think the board of trustees recognize that it is one game that should not color Coach Faircloth's body of work.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1245042" timestamp="1344993098"]
No way. Taking a team that was supposed to be "rebuilding" and turning that into an undefeated regular season speaks for itself. You can't measure the worth of a coach by three games of a rival competitor.
[/quote]
Especially this year. Ned is returning alot and quite possibly the best defense in the area for 4A, where as PN-G lost alot and will be looking for others to fill some pretty big shoes. No doubt PN-G will be competitive and that is a reflection of good coaching.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1245021" timestamp="1344990953"]
[/quote]

I wouldn't think so.  Burnett only won 5 games out of the 15 years that he was there.

Last year after we lost to Big Ned we did our normal trip to Pizza Inn on Magnolia to meet some friends.  A couple of them said that Faircloth better be careful or he is going to lose his job if he losses to Nederland again.  I spoke up and said that was a stupid thing to say.  He of course went on and on about  how people are not happy that we have lost to Nederland twice.  Big whoop does that one game make or break his coaching career?  Maybe to some but not in my eyes, I look at the BIG picture of things.  He has done an awesome job in my book and I hope he stays here for a very long time.  But there are some people who will say that he is gone if he loses again.  I sure hope that is not the case.

I have been saying the last couple of years this is the year we are going to see how good of a coach Faircloth really is. This is the least experienced team he has had to deal with thus far. I don't think another loss to Ned will be cause for his job to be in jeopardy, but you couple that with a 3 - 7 record and no playoffs and I guarantee their will be plenty of the tribe sharpening their tomahawks for a scalping. Also, I expect to see a major QB controversy before district even starts, for I believe they will be 0-3 or 1-2 at best . It's probably a good thing you start district with Lumberton.

Program is in the best position its been overall in years. Whats so different? Go back and look. PNG would go 11-3 then go sub .500 and out of the playoffs for three years then go 10-4 then back to sub .500 for three years.  Why?  Coaching!!! BF knows how to win with what he has and what he has comming.

Nederland just so happens to be going through a period the next few years where they have some very talanted teams comming. So it is very possible that PNG may not win the next 2 or 3 years, but could still be 9-1 or 8-2 and then go several rounds deep.

If PNG were to fire Coach Faircloth over losing to what looks to be an extremely tough Ned team, it would put PNG football back 20 years. As well-respected as BF is by coaches statewide, we would have trouble attracting top notch candidates to take his place after screwing him over. There is no scenario this year that would warrant him being fired. I expect this year's team to be Faircloth's least talented team since he has been here. The senior class lost every game in 8th grade with the exception of PN beating Groves and lost every game as freshmen. I am not bad mouthing this group of young men, as I know they work hard and are a bunch of good kids, but we all know that there are years where the talent is better than other years. I expect PNG to be in the race to get one of the four playoff spots due to being well-coached and having a bunch of good kids that are sold out for PNG Football. We have to overcome turnover on the coaching staff and a very young and inexperienced group at the skill positions. For this subject to even be brought up shows the ignorance of certain members of the community.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1245373" timestamp="1345064944"]
[quote author=dmeast11111 link=topic=101633.msg1245368#msg1245368 date=1345064688]
IMO if Faircloth leaves it won't be because he is fired.... He will move on to better things... And that might happen.....I think for a big time program near where he is from...
[/quote]what? who?
[/quote]

I am just saying odds are he would leave before he was fired....

Faircloth is in no trouble,  win or lose to Ned.  After his coaching has broken every major school record in the history of PNG football, the school board would be committing suicide to fire him.  You could bet that EVERY school board member that voted to fire him would be replaced at the very next possible election.
That would be one of the stupidest things that they had ever done.
BF is fine and so is PNG.  You'll see.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1245958" timestamp="1345168670"]
Faircloth is in no trouble,  win or lose to Ned.  After his coaching has broken every major school record in the history of PNG football, the school board would be committing suicide to fire him.  You could bet that EVERY school board member that voted to fire him would be replaced at the very next possible election.
That would be one of the stupidest things that they had ever done.
BF is fine and so is PNG.  You'll see.
[/quote]

I could not have said it better

Some of you people that post on this board must not have any sense.  To even think that PNG would release Faircloth after what he has done in his short time at the Reservation is absurd. 

Over the past 30 years prior to Faircloth,  PNG won 7 or more games in only 11 years and made the playoffs in only 7 of those same 30 years.  What has Faircloth done in his 3 years???? 

Let's see - He has won 11, 8, and 7 games respectively each of the past three seasons as well as lead this team into the playoffs all three years.  It is not like he took over a powerhouse program and just kept it up.  NO.  He came into a under performing situation and changed everything!  Offense, defense, and attitude! 

To even think that PNG would release Faircloth because he loses 1 game a season is crazy.  If Faircloth is not at PNG in 5 or 10 years, it will be because he has decided to take on a new challenge elsewhere.  And when he is gone someday, the faithful PURPLE and WHITE will look back fondly at these years under Faircloth and tell their kids, "I remember when....."

Stop already!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Shea9840" post="1246789" timestamp="1345299980"]
Some of you people that post on this board must not have any sense.  To even think that PNG would release Faircloth after what he has done in his short time at the Reservation is absurd. 

Over the past 30 years prior to Faircloth,  PNG won 7 or more games in only 11 years and made the playoffs in only 7 of those same 30 years.  What has Faircloth done in his 3 years???? 

Let's see - He has won 11, 8, and 7 games respectively each of the past three seasons as well as lead this team into the playoffs all three years.  It is not like he took over a powerhouse program and just kept it up.  NO.  He came into a under performing situation and changed everything!  Offense, defense, and attitude! 

To even think that PNG would release Faircloth because he loses 1 game a season is crazy.  If Faircloth is not at PNG in 5 or 10 years, it will be because he has decided to take on a new challenge elsewhere.  And when he is gone someday, the faithful PURPLE and WHITE will look back fondly at these years under Faircloth and tell their kids, "I remember when....."

Stop already!
[/quote]

Just a slight alteration:  MOST of the people that post on this board have no sense. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder