Overrated????

Guest Bamahater

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LifesABall" post="1245247" timestamp="1345046660"]
I think Neds D will be very strong.  I'm just not sure about their fire power on offense.  Sure, they have a three year starter at QB but what does he have to work with?
[/quote]
3 extremely talented and experienced WRs, 2 extremely talented RBs, 2 very talented TEs, and an O-Line that only lost two starters last year.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="DogsDLine" post="1245282" timestamp="1345051811"]
[quote author=LifesABall link=topic=101587.msg1245247#msg1245247 date=1345046660]
I think Neds D will be very strong.  I'm just not sure about their fire power on offense.  Sure, they have a three year starter at QB but what does he have to work with?
[/quote]
3 extremely talented and experienced WRs, 2 extremely talented RBs, 2 very talented TEs, and an O-Line that only lost two starters last year.
[/quote]

Well, "Dogs", with all that talent, why even play the games?  No one else has a chance.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1245379" timestamp="1345066111"]
[quote author=DogsDLine link=topic=101587.msg1245282#msg1245282 date=1345051811]
[quote author=LifesABall link=topic=101587.msg1245247#msg1245247 date=1345046660]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Well, "Dogs", with all that talent, why even play the games?  No one else has a chance.

Exactly  ;D
[/quote]

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1245379" timestamp="1345066111"]
[quote author=DogsDLine link=topic=101587.msg1245282#msg1245282 date=1345051811]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nobody is saying that.  That's why we play the games.  The Ned faithful are just excited about this team and possibly going further than last year in the playoffs.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1245132" timestamp="1345009921"]
[quote author=alphadog link=topic=101587.msg1245130#msg1245130 date=1345009665]
Dont know about cheated but was a winnable game. The last 2 plays will be talked about for years to come. Thought the Dogs outplayed Bay City that night just couldnt get it in the endzone (or could they).
[/quote]Well imma speak the truth, Dogs got cheated by the refs that were paid by the Bay City ISD.  ;)
[/quote]
Pylon was lying down in the out of bounds direction, most frustrating call I have ever seen. 2000 was also the same year (I believe), as the infamous "backwards lateral" at WO-S. It was obvious the Ned receiver was at least 3-4 yards in front of the QB. I guess old Dan's yelling finally got to them in the 4th quarter.

I watched the replay on the Ned/Bay City game and the play in question many times. In real time I swore Ned got porked and Joe Ramoin was in the end zone. I didn't have a good angle on the play and he looked like he scored. When I watched the video in slo-mo from a camera on the goal line Ramoins' knee touched
with the ball just inches short of the goal line. On the next play from the 6 inch line the call was 30 base, a dive play right to the zero hole. The Bay City defense was a nine man front stacked in the middle to stop the qb sneak. A linebacker jumped the snap count, dove over the center and stuffed the play in the backfield as time expired. A run at any other hole would probably have been a gut cinch score. Ned would have probably won in OT because they had a great kicker. The suspect calls to me in that game by officials were a TD called back on a late holding flag and a field goal called back on a late proceedure call. Ned held Bay City to less than 100 yards of offense that game. The Cats went on to blow out the next two games to win the D1 title. The pass at WO-S that was called a lateral was a blown call. When Hooks was asked about it he smiled and said "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you" He was also yelling lateral before the ball ever hit the ground. He was a master at working officials. WO-S and Ned had great teams that year and nearly won D1 and D2 titles the same year.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1245781" timestamp="1345144907"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=101587.msg1245132#msg1245132 date=1345009921]
[quote author=alphadog link=topic=101587.msg1245130#msg1245130 date=1345009665]
Dont know about cheated but was a winnable game. The last 2 plays will be talked about for years to come. Thought the Dogs outplayed Bay City that night just couldnt get it in the endzone (or could they).
[/quote]Well imma speak the truth, Dogs got cheated by the refs that were paid by the Bay City ISD.  ;)
[/quote]
Pylon was lying down in the out of bounds direction, most frustrating call I have ever seen. 2000 was also the same year (I believe), as the infamous "backwards lateral" at WO-S. It was obvious the Ned receiver was at least 3-4 yards in front of the QB. I guess old Dan's yelling finally got to them in the 4th quarter.
[/quote]yes sir!!!!

[quote name="coach pops" post="1245811" timestamp="1345149881"]
I watched the replay on the Ned/Bay City game and the play in question many times. In real time I swore Ned got porked and Joe Ramoin was in the end zone. I didn't have a good angle on the play and he looked like he scored. When I watched the video in slo-mo from a camera on the goal line Ramoins' knee touched
with the ball just inches short of the goal line. On the next play from the 6 inch line the call was 30 base, a dive play right to the zero hole. The Bay City defense was a nine man front stacked in the middle to stop the qb sneak. A linebacker jumped the snap count, dove over the center and stuffed the play in the backfield as time expired. A run at any other hole would probably have been a gut cinch score. Ned would have probably won in OT because they had a great kicker. The suspect calls to me in that game by officials were a TD called back on a late holding flag and a field goal called back on a late proceedure call. Ned held Bay City to less than 100 yards of offense that game. The Cats went on to blow out the next two games to win the D1 title. The pass at WO-S that was called a lateral was a blown call. When Hooks was asked about it he smiled and said "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you" He was also yelling lateral before the ball ever hit the ground. He was a master at working officials. WO-S and Ned had great teams that year and nearly won D1 and D2 titles the same year.
[/quote] If I remember correctly Bay City only crossed midfield one time all night and only ran 4 plays on Nederlands side of the field, to their credit, I believe they got a TD on a booteg pass. Bay City was out played all night but Nederland couldn't catch a break and to win a title you have to have some breaks or calls work in your favor.

[quote name="baddog" post="1246188" timestamp="1345218463"]
Bay City had no answer for Joe Ramoin. We would run the ball down their throats, get in the red zone and pass the ball, turning it over. I never have figured that one out.
[/quote]

Its called the OC choke-fest. We've had a few of those in big playoff games. I think Ned had possession inside BC territory something crazy like 10 times that night and never got points. Ned did get robbed on several bogus calls in probably the worst lop-sides officiating I've ever seen. That being said, our offensive playcalling was garbage on the BC side of the field. In 2010, when Sonnier was your go-to guy in the wilddog, you need a score late in the game. So instead of putting your best athlete in the game, you decide to go with a 3rd string sophomore QB with very few reps. (no offense to him, I mean can you blame him for being jittery?). In 2008, Ned opened up in the wild-dog formation with Asa Cardenas (this is the first time anybody ever saw it). And the opposing team had no answer for it. So after marching down the field on the opening possession, what do we do when we get down close to the red zone? Quit on it and start passing... Smh

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1246556" timestamp="1345256516"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=101587.msg1246188#msg1246188 date=1345218463]
Bay City had no answer for Joe Ramoin. We would run the ball down their throats, get in the red zone and pass the ball, turning it over. I never have figured that one out.
[/quote]

Its called the OC choke-fest. We've had a few of those in big playoff games. I think Ned had possession inside BC territory something crazy like 10 times that night and never got points. Ned did get robbed on several bogus calls in probably the worst lop-sides officiating I've ever seen. That being said, our offensive playcalling was garbage on the BC side of the field. In 2010, when Sonnier was your go-to guy in the wilddog, you need a score late in the game. So instead of putting your best athlete in the game, you decide to go with a 3rd string sophomore QB with very few reps. (no offense to him, I mean can you blame him for being jittery?). In 2008, Ned opened up in the wild-dog formation with Asa Cardenas (this is the first time anybody ever saw it). And the opposing team had no answer for it. So after marching down the field on the opening possession, what do we do when we get down close to the red zone? Quit on it and start passing... Smh
[/quote]No argument here on that post  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder