FNF 1A DI & DII Top 25

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1240195" timestamp="1343345771"]

Not even close?  What makes you think SA will "run away" with the district?  Alto blasted yall last year and only beat West Sabine by 14.  I'll admit I'd probably put SA as #1 to start.

I'll say this, you better beat Alto this year with your Sr. filled team, cause we'll be the team next year returning 17/18 starters.  Lotsa young studs coming up at Alto,  06'/07' like talent in the Soph./Jr. class.!
[/quote]
Don't get your panties all wadded up. Nobody's trying to take anything away from Alto. Yall are one of the teams that has the uncanny ability to put together the right combination of kids.The game between Alto and SA is probably one of the most highly anticipated games in East Texas! I'll admit, we got stomped on pretty hard by the Jackets last year. We made a lot of early mistakes that Alto was able to capitalize on. I am very excited about this game. Only losing 3 starters total on both sides of the ball coupled with watching these guys work hard all summer makes me a little anxious to see season start! Even more excited for that 11/2 match up.

[color=red][size=14pt]GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!! [/size] [/color]

Just got a chance to look at the FNF magazine today. Is it just me or is the coverage and information on the smaller teams just absolutely horrible. They've got a kid listed for us that supposed to be a major player on the line that dropped out of school 2 years ago. Pathetic, glad I didn't waste my money on it!

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1240341" timestamp="1343420730"]
Just got a chance to look at the FNF magazine today. Is it just me or is the coverage and information on the smaller teams just absolutely horrible. [b]They've got a kid listed for us that supposed to be a major player on the line that dropped out of school 2 years ago[/b]. Pathetic, glad I didn't waste my money on it!
[/quote]wow  :o

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1240195" timestamp="1343345771"]

Not even close?  What makes you think SA will "run away" with the district?  Alto blasted yall last year and only beat West Sabine by 14.  I'll admit I'd probably put SA as #1 to start.

I'll say this, you better beat Alto this year with your Sr. filled team, cause we'll be the team next year returning 17/18 starters.  Lotsa young studs coming up at Alto,  06'/07' like talent in the Soph./Jr. class.!
[/quote]

San Augustine beat West Sabine 35-0, dont know where your getting your information. The coaches in San Augustine and the players are well aware that Alto beat them last year. Thats what matters.

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1240384" timestamp="1343430165"]
[quote author=AltoJacketFan5 link=topic=101244.msg1240195#msg1240195 date=1343345771]

[/quote]

San Augustine beat West Sabine 35-0, dont know where your getting your information. The coaches in San Augustine and the players are well aware that Alto beat them last year. Thats what matters.
[/quote]
Maxpreps has the score a something like 28-14. I sent them an email several months ago but they have not changed the score. You are correct, SA 35-0.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1240171" timestamp="1343338878"]
[quote author=Bobcat56 link=topic=101244.msg1240149#msg1240149 date=1343329088]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=101244.msg1240031#msg1240031 date=1343310870]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=101244.msg1239924#msg1239924 date=1343258347]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=101244.msg1239683#msg1239683 date=1343224918]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=101244.msg1239567#msg1239567 date=1343182505]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=101244.msg1239550#msg1239550 date=1343180772]
WH 17. LOL
[/quote]

At least they weren't crazy enough to put Hull-Daisetta in the top 25. ::)

That would have completely destroyed all that mags credibility.
[/quote] ::) We are right where we want to be.  ;) I guarantee H-D beats that 17th ranked team and a few others on that list.  8)  ;) :-*
[/quote]
If they happen to meet San Augustine in the playoffs, HD will get 50 hung on them. Pretty sure Alto will do the same. West Hardin being ranked is a joke. They are just as slow as HD.
[/quote]Maybe you never heard, but not to many years ago, Adrian Anderson from HD won State in the 100m and 200m, also H-D's sprint relay placed 2nd in State. So I guess H-D has a little speed sometimes. lol. Anderson also played tailback and now runs track for UTEP. 89Falcon is a joke. lol.
[/quote]

So....did HD win a playoff game that year?
[/quote]

HD did not win a playoff game that year. In 2006 HD lost to Groveton 45-34 and in 2007 lost again to Groveton 48-27. HD lost first half leads in both these bi-district games. Both years Groveton went on to be beaten in the next round by Alto, who won back to back state titles ('06-'07). In 2008 HD lost to Mart in the 2nd round (after a first round bye). Special teams and turnovers got HD in a hole in the 2nd quarter of that game and they could not dig their way out. They did hold Mart scoreless in the second half and only allowed a total of 219 yards to the Panthers that went to the state championship game that season. So no, HD did not win a playoff game in the seasons where they had their last really fast team. They finished 7-4, 7-4, and 8-3 those seasons.

I think the whole point was that HD almost always has SPEED. If you've been to an HD game the last two or three years, you probably haven't seen much speed. Before that, HD has always had alot of speed. HD55's example was our 2007 and 2008 state runner up finishes in track, which included back to back 100m champ, one 200m champ, a 3rd 200m finisher, and back to back runner up finishes in the sprint (4x100) relay.

This year's HD team will be fast again. They don't have one kid as fast as Anderson, but they have four or five that can go. I don't know if they will approach the the 42.41 unofficial best time the kids from '07 ran, or the state time of 42.80, but they will have speed this year.

I'm just ready for the season to start. I'm not bragging about what Hull-Daisetta did a million years ago or acting like we are the kings of high-school football. I know that HD has a strong and very prideful tradition that has taken some lumps over the last 10 years or so. HD had two young coaches (Darrell Barbay and Joe Allen Slack) that were able to be moderately successful, but we not able to get the program back to where the community thinks it needs to be. Not saying anything against those guys, it just didn't work out perfectly, but more times then not, it doesn't. What I am saying, is that Hull-Daisetta has to win to prove itself once more. It's been 13 seasons since HD's last play-off win. Everyone that is doubting HD this year has every right to do so. That is probably rational thinking and a normal train of thought with the team they fielded last year, the outcome they had, returning talent etc.  I'm not gonna promise we'll win state or guarantee a deep playoff run. There's about 170 kids (boys and girls) in grades 9-12 at HD. With those kinds of numbers you cannot guarantee anything. Injuries, off-field issues, grades, move-outs and a number of other things that affect just a couple kids can affect the outcome of your entire season. I will say this though, with Coach Finney and what he's brought to the Bobcats, and with the kids that I've seen at strength and conditioning workouts, the sky is the limit for this team. Most talent I've seen at HD in 10+, and that's when HD was still 2A. They have to put it together, and that's why we play the games, but don't sleep on the Bobcats.
[/quote] are you serious? hull is slow they couldnt even get out of district in any relays come on? the only fast one was malberry and he left?

Hey. Thanks for the catch there bro. This was my first year doing this district or magazine work of any kind. They might have misspelled the kids name when they edited it. I did districts 10-2a d1, 12 2a d2, 10 and 11 1a d1 and 11 & 12 1a d2. Other than that, what did you think of those districts in particular? I welcome any criticism that will make my article better next year.

The only other thing was just including kids in the review that were play makers. I know one of our linebackers wasn't even mentioned. He has been first team all disrict his soph and jr year, plus I heard rumors that he was runner up for district Defensive MVP last year. I just felt like, along with the misinformation, there were some players left off the review that have contributed alot!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa